Kinderland @ choa chu kang feedback

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Kinderland @ choa chu kang feedback

Postby AngelBar » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi

Anybody have feedback on Kinderland @ choa chu kang next to LOT1?

Thanks in advance!
Angel

AngelBar
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Kinderland @ choa chu kang feedback

Postby Shreky » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi.. i am thinking of placing my kid at Kinderland at Lot 1 too. Is your child enrolled in Kinderland now and how is it ?

Shreky
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby limgll » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:01 pm

My child has completed his preschool in Kinderland besides Lot 1. These are some of our comments based on our experiences. Curriculum wise, there are music class and phonics, they are good, however, need to pay extra on top of the month school fees of around $1100. There are field trips and library visits too and need to pay for the transportation and expenses for each trip. However, at times, during field trips, the principal will instruct the cooking aunty to make miserable sandwiches for the kids' lunches. Environment wise, the place is clean and fully air conditioned. Personnel, the admin, teachers are pretty kind and good to children. The cooking aunty and cleaning aunty are also nice and friendly. The only exception is the Principal Mdm W**, she is probably the most unprofessional, unreasonable and rude principal whom we ever met. As I am close to my child and his classmates, they will often complain to me that the principal always shouts at the teachers and students. The most recent incident was that she hired a cheapo and unprofessional photographer (who operated from his hdb flat in choa chu kang) to take graduation photos of the K2 kids in kinderland premises. The kids were dressed in untidy and un-ironed inner clothes with the graduation gowns. When we checked with her, she said she could not do anything as that was the service rendered by the service provider. When I spoke to the photographer Mark over the phone, his attitude was as bad as the principal. Can you imagine if she had catered food that are prepared in unclean environment and she responded in the same manner? She is utterly unreasonable and refused to refund the payment we had made for graduation photos. I had informed her that I would provide feedback to the HQ in Toa Payoh, she replied go ahead. And after I did, the next day she called me to say she will do the refund. For some field trips, she would require the parents to take leave from work to participate as volunteers as they do not have enough teachers to look after the children. Ration will be like 1 teacher to 5 children. Your may want to ask yourself if you feel safe having such arrangements. If you had gone to visit Kinderland to indicate that you are interested to enrol your child, she appeared very soft spoken. However, if you had given feedback to her and needed her to take action,she would either appeared to say, she is not aware, it is not her fault, she will check or her attitude will change. My child has received praises from his teachers in Kinderland and he is sometimes hate to go to Kinderland for fearing the principal will shout at them. I am glad that my child is enjoying his primary school life now.

limgll
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Nekeura » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:30 pm

limgll wrote:My child has completed his preschool in Kinderland besides Lot 1. These are some of our comments based on our experiences. Curriculum wise, there are music class and phonics, they are good, however, need to pay extra on top of the month school fees of around $1100. There are field trips and library visits too and need to pay for the transportation and expenses for each trip. However, at times, during field trips, the principal will instruct the cooking aunty to make miserable sandwiches for the kids' lunches. Environment wise, the place is clean and fully air conditioned. Personnel, the admin, teachers are pretty kind and good to children. The cooking aunty and cleaning aunty are also nice and friendly. The only exception is the Principal Mdm W**, she is probably the most unprofessional, unreasonable and rude principal whom we ever met. As I am close to my child and his classmates, they will often complain to me that the principal always shouts at the teachers and students. The most recent incident was that she hired a cheapo and unprofessional photographer (who operated from his hdb flat in choa chu kang) to take graduation photos of the K2 kids in kinderland premises. The kids were dressed in untidy and un-ironed inner clothes with the graduation gowns. When we checked with her, she said she could not do anything as that was the service rendered by the service provider. When I spoke to the photographer Mark over the phone, his attitude was as bad as the principal. Can you imagine if she had catered food that are prepared in unclean environment and she responded in the same manner? She is utterly unreasonable and refused to refund the payment we had made for graduation photos. I had informed her that I would provide feedback to the HQ in Toa Payoh, she replied go ahead. And after I did, the next day she called me to say she will do the refund. For some field trips, she would require the parents to take leave from work to participate as volunteers as they do not have enough teachers to look after the children. Ration will be like 1 teacher to 5 children. Your may want to ask yourself if you feel safe having such arrangements. If you had gone to visit Kinderland to indicate that you are interested to enrol your child, she appeared very soft spoken. However, if you had given feedback to her and needed her to take action,she would either appeared to say, she is not aware, it is not her fault, she will check or her attitude will change. My child has received praises from his teachers in Kinderland and he is sometimes hate to go to Kinderland for fearing the principal will shout at them. I am glad that my child is enjoying his primary school life now.
Hi I am thinking of enrolling my 2.8 years old daughter to Kinderland next to lot 1. Can I please ask if the principal is the one with the curly hair a bit chubby or the other one? I am really confused cause my first impression with them was really good... But the second time I went there with my daughter i didn't like their attitude... My daughter is a bit hyper active so she screamed a bit while we were leaving and they looked at her like she was the most ill mannered kid around... Is it just me or does any one else has this problem as well?

Any kind of help will be much appreciated... Thanks...

Nekeura
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Ish1379 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Is Kinderland @ Choa Chu Kang near Lot1 is a child care centre or a pre school? I'm looking for a playgroup in CCK for my 2 years old. Right now she is going to Metamorphosis near Lot1 at CCK. But I am not very happy with the playgroup as the teacher turn over ratio is very high, specially the English Teacher. My daughter joined last year in July and since then 4 English teachers have changed. I would like to enroll her in a school where teachers are qualified enough to communicate in proper English.
Any suggestions?
TIA!

Ish1379
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Nekeura » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:12 pm

Ish1379 wrote:Is Kinderland @ Choa Chu Kang near Lot1 is a child care centre or a pre school? I'm looking for a playgroup in CCK for my 2 years old. Right now she is going to Metamorphosis near Lot1 at CCK. But I am not very happy with the playgroup as the teacher turn over ratio is very high, specially the English Teacher. My daughter joined last year in July and since then 4 English teachers have changed. I would like to enroll her in a school where teachers are qualified enough to communicate in proper English.
Any suggestions?
TIA!

It's a pre school... I wasn't very happy with their environment... Kinda dark and dingy and cold... I have finally decided on learning vision at sunshine place... It's a bit of a walk for me but the environment is clearly very different from kinderland... Open spacious, lots of sunlight, daily out door activities, teachers are much more warmer and polite with good English... Even the principal is very nice and helpful... And she encourages if parents ask loads of questions. My daughter is 2.8 years and this will be her first child care so I was very particular about the environment she'll be going in... Hope it helps :)

Nekeura
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby limgll » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:22 pm

Hi, the principal is the one with the curly hair a bit chubby. She always try to speak very slowly and politely during 1st visit. You can look at the attendance on the table, there are less than 15 children in pre nursery, at different levels too.. its a far cry when my child was in Kinderlandd.. standard had deteroriated.. the owner of the school always say she will inform the principal and the principal NEVER follow up or listen..When you mentioned your daughter is a bit hyper active so she screamed a bit and they looked at her like she was the most ill mannered kid around.I can imagine that situation coz that is exactly the way they will treat children who do not listen or behave to their expectations.. My friend's daughter was in the same centre and is in P1 now too.. Shes also pretty hyper and she was always scolded and sometimes the teacher will pull her ears and hair.. you should consider twice and thrice before you decide to put your daughter there..

limgll
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Kiasu-Parents » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:03 pm

any comments between metamorphosis and kinderland at CCK?
thanks alot.

Kiasu-Parents
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Adrianaellie » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi, im looking for a playgroup for my 2yrs old daughter near in cck mrt where allows me to accompany her in the class.

Adrianaellie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools