21 months boy got bitten twice by his classmates

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

21 months boy got bitten twice by his classmates

Postby miereddy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:31 pm

My little boy got bitten twice already by the same guy in learning vision @ surbana. Very angry!!

The first time they were sort of fighting for a toy car and he got bitten. The teacher sent me an image, explained what happened and apologies. I was thinking it should be fine since it wasn't so serious.and it's normal for little kids to fight for something.

The 2nd time happened today when my boy was playing alone and the other guy came to bit him from his back. Heard from the teacher that the boy was teething so he always try to bit others but seems only my boy doesn't know to push him away so got bitten again. The teacher also sent me a pic and apologies but this time I'm not so understanding and was very angry.

I told the teacher the school should do something to keep them separate to prevent anything happened again.

What else should we do as parents? What if it happened again? How can I do? I can't withdraw him since this is the most convenient Centre.

miereddy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: 21 months boy got bitten twice by his classmates

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:30 pm

Ask cc whether you should donate this...

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:35 pm

This is the first time I heard of a toddler biting becos of teething.

Is your child afraid of going back to the CC becos of the biting incident ?

Do the parents of the child know that their child is biting others ? The parents can try teething toys to reduce the child's urge to bite others.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mother777 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:54 pm

I would suggest you to talk to the kindy's management to inform the child's parents. The parents need to know the behaviour of their child which is harming other kids. Left unattended it could become an habit n also harm the child himself as he will turn more aggressive.

I remember when my dd was in nursery there was a child who loved to scratch and pinch other children. The teacher tried to talk to him but no improvement. The parents were I formed but they did not bother to cut his nails properly..
Due to this one fine day when my daughter returned home, she had a deep scratch of more than 2cm long on her right cheek..

The scratch was deep n the teacher didn't think it necessary to inform the parents. When I rushed home I literally cried to see my baby girl with such a deep wound. I rushed her to emergency but doctor declared it too late to stitch as the blood already congeal..

I met the principal n also talk to the parent. The ungrateful parent started to declare what high n mighty education was n what a big position in a company he has. Instead of apologizing he tried to offer me money..
I was very offended n so angry..

I called up MCYS n complained about both the irresponsibility of teacher to inform me when my child injured and also not treating her properly.
Also complained about the parent who had to officially apologize to me.
The principal was also transferred from that kindy.

By gods grace the scar has faded until not visible very prominently.

I am not trying to scare you, but just telling you that simple things when let go can result in incidents which can affect our innocent child..
Pls take the step to inform the parent how your child is being affected. This is also type of bullying n may traumatized your child..

mother777
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby miereddy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks mother 777. The principal just wrote to to apologies and promise that this message will be send to all teachers in the Centre to be extra careful. And the good thing is: the mother of this child bitten my son is actually working in the same Centre so believe she should not ignore this situation.

At least I'm glad that the Centre is honest about it and inform me immediately after the incident. However, I am also worry about other things do not leave a mark like child hitting the head etc.

Being parent, we cannot stand to see our child getting hurt :( so heart broken.

miereddy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby miereddy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:13 pm

At least my boy is still smiles while I picked him up. And heard that he did not even cry after got bitten. What a tough little guy. But he was trying to pull his shirt while he saw me guess he wanted to show me he got bitten.

miereddy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mother777 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:02 pm

Glad to know that the principal n school are responsible. Teach your child to yell for teacher if the boy again targets him.
Am sure he will learn to defend himself.

mother777
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby idman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:11 pm

the teacher must keep an eye on the kids...talk to parents also useless

idman
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Kalasala » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:42 am

My suggestion is to engage a lawyer to send out letter to demand for compensation from both CC & the boy parents who bully your child.

Lawyers will do the rest.

You may want to bring it to the attention of the media as well. This type of service is totally unacceptable by a reputable childcare.

Kalasala
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby miereddy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:48 am

So far I was told that the kids are very closely monitored and have not misbehaved till now (well I trusted them because no more accident happened after the 2nd time).

The media will be a good way, because so far none of the private childcare is in the air yet. I'm saving the photos just in case.

But I did not bring my boy to the clinic that time, actually my colleague said I should go to get a medical report.

miereddy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools