Schoolhouse and others?

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Schoolhouse and others?

Postby LDmom » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:14 am

Hi fellow mummies, can anyone share if there's any difference between Schoolhouse-style childcare and those that are not labeled with "schoolhouse"?
Is it true that teachers in Schoolhouse are usually locals, as compared with other childcare centres who will usually recruit non-locals ie. Filipinos as their English teachers?
Has anyone faced issues with their kiddos' English/Phonics taught by non-locals to be more US-based than British-based (which is the standard taught in our Primary Schools)?

Sorry for the many questions! Just had a chat with a friend lately about a childcare centre that I was considering, and she highlighted all these considerations to me which got me thinking. :shrug:

LDmom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Schoolhouse and others?

Postby Kalasala » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:10 pm

Due to the shortage and high turnover rates of teachers, everywhere you go will face similar problems. Those good ones with local teachers are on long long waiting list which we normally do not have any chance in enrolling.

English will be taught by Pinoy and Chinese by China lady.

Kalasala
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools