Little Wonders Montessori

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Postby winniegal » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:37 am

Original Title: little wonders montessori at jalan remaja

Hi
any comments on Little wonders montessori at jalan remaja?
interested to send my son over but the pricipal was saying that they have high turnover rate for teachers however according to her, this will not affect the students. furthermore the assistant teachers are very young. hence need some advice from mummies n daddies here.
thanks

winniegal
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

LITTLE WONDERS MONTESSORI CHILDCARE

Postby nettie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi All,

I am wondering if i can gather any feedback from this school @ hillview?

Thanks alot

:D

nettie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jedamum » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:42 pm

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby nettie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:13 pm

Thank you Jedamun for your links.

I am going to move to hillview in May.

I am very kiasu and kan cheong.. thus looking for a CC now. :wink:

It seems that i dun have much choice. Only Faith and Little Wonders..

:( Both equally expensive

nettie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Emelyn » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:14 am

I used to stay in Jalan Remaja.

All 3 kids had short stay in Little Wonders or Hillview Montessori CC (which is now taken over by Little Wonders) before they went to Creative O in International Business Park in Jurong East. (My number 3, DD was there from 18mo till she was toilet trained and accepted by Creative O).

BUT because I last interacted with Karen/Shirleen/Vivien in 2006, my comments may no longer be valid anymore.

Emelyn
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Little Wonders Jln Remaja

Postby mahoganytree » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi,

My gal has been in Hillview Montessori and when taken over by LW, she continued to stay there (bec I don't want to go thru d troubles of separation anxiety again).. she has been there since 2.5 y/o and now she is 5.

She cried for 1 yr that she was under hillview montessori, but when taken over by LW, she stopped her daily crying after 2-3 weeks. I don't know if she's tired of her own crying for the past yr and decided to stop, or bec of new management...

The school is bright despite a old-style flooring/timber floor. Hygiene level is fine as far as I can see when i visited the ctr.

I can't speak for all the teachers there, but my gal's main teachers for the past 2 yrs were fine. K1 is now taught by the principal herself for Montessori work, and I've heard from parents with kids from other branches that this principal is the best teacher from Hillview branch (she was made a partner, i think). Personally I feel that she's quite a fine teacher, and has her clear views on discipline. I have seen her being firm when she should (during outings which I participated) without being overly fierce or scary.

I preferred this to the hillview branch because this ctr is 2 unit space of semi-D houses, whereas the hillview branch is a corner terrace.

However their PR skills not fantastically good (compared to some other ctrs i visited) when in communicating, but that's really a small issue. Look beyond that, i think the centre is really not bad. The aunties there are really warm and friendly...

as for the young teachers, 1 or 2 that taught my gal, i find them to be ok.

I'm glad that the principal was open about the high staff turnover rate during a certain period last yr, but so far, quite stable now. Chinese teacher is quite fine too, lots of songs and rhymes, and always gave me informal feedback on my gal when i picked her up... my gal's mandarin is much better than last time already...

hope my comments help :-)

mahoganytree
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Little Wonders Jln Remaja

Postby mahoganytree » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi,

My gal has been in Hillview Montessori and when taken over by LW, she continued to stay there (bec I don't want to go thru d troubles of separation anxiety again).. she has been there since 2.5 y/o and now she is 5.

She cried for 1 yr that she was under hillview montessori, but when taken over by LW, she stopped her daily crying after 2-3 weeks. I don't know if she's tired of her own crying for the past yr and decided to stop, or bec of new management...

The school is bright despite a old-style flooring/timber floor. Hygiene level is fine as far as I can see when i visited the ctr.

I can't speak for all the teachers there, but my gal's main teachers for the past 2 yrs were fine. K1 is now taught by the principal herself for Montessori work, and I've heard from parents with kids from other branches that this principal is the best teacher from Hillview branch (she was made a partner, i think). Personally I feel that she's quite a fine teacher, and has her clear views on discipline. I have seen her being firm when she should (during outings which I participated) without being overly fierce or scary.

I preferred this to the hillview branch because this ctr is 2 unit space of semi-D houses, whereas the hillview branch is a corner terrace.

However their PR skills not fantastically good (compared to some other ctrs i visited) when in communicating w/ parents, but that's really a small issue. Look beyond that, i think the centre is really not bad. The aunties there are really warm and friendly...

as for the young teachers, 1 or 2 that taught my gal, i find them to be ok.

I'm glad that the principal was open about the high staff turnover rate during a certain period last yr, but so far, quite stable now. Chinese teacher is quite fine too, lots of songs and rhymes, and always gave me informal feedback on my gal when i picked her up... my gal's mandarin is much better than last time already...

hope my comments help :-)

mahoganytree
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

My sharing about Little Wonders Montessori-Jurong West

Postby kiasu_mammy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi,

Thought I'll share my personal experience with Little Wonders Montessori (LW) for other parents' reference as I have been reading a lot from this forum.

My daughter have been in this premise since she was 18 months (then with Treehouse Kindercare) and until now with Little Wonders Montessori-JW branch due to the takeover. We had intentions to move on news of the takeover, however the english teacher suggested that rather than to move my daughter to a new school/ teachers and friends, we might as well stay on and observe before we make our decision. We've been happy with our decision so far :)

During the 1+ year with Treehouse, she cried a little each time we send her to school in the morning, however the teachers managed to console her and she was participative to the activities in school. After the takeover by LW, we noticed that my daughter hardly cry in the morning, instead, she look forward going to school. This we observed and take it as a good sign. We also thought it might be due to the fact that she's much older as compared to when she just started at 18 months, but then, so long as she is now enjoying school, that's most important to us.

Management
No major changes. In fact, the Principle is acting as a teacher for this centre to ensure that it start well on a good note, which we thought is a good idea. So far, we've got good mutual communication with the management and teachers.

School Premise
I like the fact that it is a semi-d house as it is spacious and part of the outdoor is converted for activities. Well maintained and ventilated. Hygiene in the school is good, so far.

Teachers
I could only speak for the English and Chinese teachers who taught my daughter. So far my daughter have been coming back surprising us with new information, words and things, according to her was what the teacher read to them. Guess children would be the best person to feedback about Teachers and since she is unable to put her thoughts clearly at this age, we take her emotion as guage. So far she has consistently been telling us that school is good and those new words that she say and start writing are good testimonial for the teachers. Both teachers are very candid during our feedback session and even gave me tips on what I can do with my daughter during our free time. The teachers have also been consistently been giving feedback or reminders to the caregiver when she picks my daughter up from school in the afternoon.

I do agree with another forumer who feedback that the PR skills of the staff here is not fantastically good. For us, that is a small part as what matter most is their passion in teaching the little ones and their actions speaks louder than words.

Curriculum
The school provide thematic curriculum for us before the new term start. Apart from the usual classroom learning, we are happy to see from the takeover the different exposure the school is bringing to the children. For example, the waterplay activity within the school once a week and school outing every month. We welcome these variety of exposure the school introduce as we noticed that through this experiential learning, my daughter is happily learning new things without much thoughts about it. Also, these activities does bring newness to her Monday - Friday school routine.

kiasu_mammy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Little Wonders Montessori @Hillview & Remaja

Postby chatelaine » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:31 pm

I have visited both centre and here is my comment:

Hillview
1) Teacher student ratio ok
2) Own outdoor playground with mobile cars
3) Looks like home to me with all the built-in cabinets
4) Classroom a bit small for PG and Nursery
5) Mattress kept inside toilets for PG
6) Enrichment program for violin, abacus and drawing
7) Dusty bookrack

Remaja
1) Teacher student ratio ok
2) Spacious, own outdoor playground with mobile cars
3) Safety gates looks funny to me, when opened 2 gates can hit each other.
4) One teacher looked bored to me during visit. Instead of engaging activities with the kids, she sat there day-dreaming.
5) Enrichment program for violin, abacus and drawing
6) Messy bookrack

chatelaine
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby kiasu_mammy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:53 pm

Lazy to have to search for my experience sharing. Might as well open a new topic.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi,

Thought I'll share my personal experience with Little Wonders Montessori (LW) for other parents' reference as we have been reading and benefitted from this forum.

My daughter have been in this premise since she was 18 months (then with Treehouse Kindercare) and until now with Little Wonders Montessori-JW branch due to the takeover. We had intentions to move on news of the takeover, however the english teacher suggested that rather than to move my daughter to a new school/ teachers and friends, we might as well stay on and observe before we make our decision. We've been happy with our decision so far

During the 1+ year with Treehouse, she cried a little each time we send her to school in the morning, however the teachers managed to console her and she was participative to the activities in school. After the takeover by LW, we noticed that my daughter hardly cry in the morning, instead, she look forward going to school. This we observed and take it as a good sign. We also thought it might be due to the fact that she's much older as compared to when she just started at 18 months, but then, so long as she is now enjoying school, that's most important to us.

Management
No major changes. In fact, the Principle is acting as a teacher for this centre to ensure that it start well on a good note, which we thought is a good idea. So far, we've got good mutual communication with the management and teachers.

School Premise
I like the fact that it is a semi-d house as it is spacious and part of the outdoor is converted for activities. Well maintained and ventilated. Hygiene in the school is good, so far.

Teachers
I could only speak for the English and Chinese teachers who taught my daughter. So far my daughter have been coming back surprising us with new information, words and things, according to her was what the teacher read to them. Guess children would be the best person to feedback about Teachers and since she is unable to put her thoughts clearly at this age, we take her emotion as guage. So far she has consistently been telling us that school is good and those new words that she say and start writing are good testimonial for the teachers. Both teachers are very candid during our feedback session and even gave me tips on what I can do with my daughter during our free time. The teachers have also been consistently been giving feedback or reminders to the caregiver when she picks my daughter up from school in the afternoon.

I do agree with another forumer who feedback that the PR skills of the staff here is not fantastically good. For us, that is a small part as what matter most is their passion in teaching the little ones and their actions speaks louder than words.

Curriculum
The school provide thematic curriculum for us before the new term start. Apart from the usual classroom learning, we are happy to see from the takeover the different exposure the school is bringing to the children. For example, the waterplay activity within the school once a week and school outing every month. We welcome these variety of exposure the school introduce as we noticed that through this experiential learning, my daughter is happily learning new things without much thoughts about it. Also, these activities does bring newness to her Monday - Friday school routine.

kiasu_mammy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools