Wharton Preschool @ Ang Mo Kio BroadwayPlaza

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Wharton Preschool @ Ang Mo Kio BroadwayPlaza

Postby greenie123 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:39 am

Hi,
Any parents sent your LO to above? what's ur review on this school in term of curriculum and staffs?

Thanks in advance:)

greenie123
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Wharton Preschool @ Ang Mo Kio BroadwayPlaza

Postby ah_ting » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:57 am

I'm also considering to send my gal there...anyone got feedback? Will be going to visit the school in 2 weeks time but would appreciate if anyone has experience to share.

ah_ting
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby blingbling » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:24 pm

Totally upset with the receptionist of this school. And you'll never get to see or talk to the principal of the school. I wonder if there is even one at all. Is it safe to put a child in a school where there is no one to talk to? The receptionist shut down all level of communication from parents to principal.

When I said I wanted to speak to the principal. The recep ask, why do you need to see her??

I'm like:??? Why? What kind of question is that. You are operating a childcare. Hello??

blingbling
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Breez » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:42 am

Their fees are not cheap anyway. Place looks very spacious though.

Breez
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tbl12345 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:35 am

both my kids go to this school. My girl went to 3 schools ranging from MFS to private and this is so far the best where I intend to send my son for another 2 years after we move away end of this year.

The Principal doubles up as the teacher of K2 currently and used to be a trainer for Montessori teachers. She is very patient and caring towards the children.

The range of activities my children enjoy which was sorely lacking in the previous schools includes fortnightly visits to the library, visits to the Civil defense, police stations, family days, science centres amongst many other activities which my children always come home to rave about.. There are even yoga lessons as well as extra lessons like violin and mindmapping for children interested.

The centre director Mr Michael puts a lot of thoughts into the running of the place. Simple things like having one special designated lift for the centre at #4 & #5 (being a major tenant) so that the children will not need to inhale second hand smoke from smokers breath that enter the lift to the first 3 floors just after smoking amazes me. *respect*

Teachers and staff know the children by their names even though they do not teach all the students. I would like to think that Jenny the receptionist was not trying to block access to the principal but rather try to do her job and handle all queries within her abilities before escalating upwards. Imagine if you were to receive a call asking to talk to your boss from someone you do not know. Surely you want to ask if you can handle the question before escalating upwards.

Personally I do not find their fees expensive. Other childcare are asking for similar if not higher prices. I came to Wharton from a more expensive school that offered near to nothing.

My 2 cts worth.

tbl12345
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby lovetohavekids » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:47 pm

My 2yo girl who is in the PG class enjoys going to school everyday. She is happy and she is serious in her learning when she is in school. I am very happy with the teacher's daily feedback on her, which is posted on the child's private portal. There is also face to face feedback from teachers regarding the child.

Personally, I feel the teachers are good. From my observations, some teachers might be too fierce for your liking. But they will not do harm to your kids. You will still feel that they care enough to notice your child and give you personal feedback on them.

lovetohavekids
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools