Blocked - Mindchamps Preschool

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Blocked - Mindchamps Preschool

Postby pinkelle » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Hi, is it just me or has the thread (which ran into 70 pages) disappeared?! THanks!

pinkelle
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Mindchamps Preschool

Postby onyva » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:45 pm

Yes you are right. The thread has disappeared, and I realise Mindchamps is now on the list of blocked service providers.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/conte ... -providers

Can Chief or someone please enlighten on why Mindchamps is now "blocked"?

Thanks.

onyva
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Concerned_Mommy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:30 pm

I think most likely the service provider do not want the recent unfavourable comments to work against them, hence the removal of the thread.
Actually, this creates more unnecessary anxiety among parents and less confidence in their centres. To think we could not even have "truthful" feedback in KSP forum.

Concerned_Mommy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby onyva » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:39 pm

What happened to freedom of speech?

Actually, there may be positive comments if the discussion is allowed to go on. And why does KSP forum have to accede to their request to be blocked? I am sure more parents will request for the discussion to continue but sadly, we don't even have that opportunity to voice out such request.

onyva
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby pinkelle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:50 pm

I agree that removing it totally actually causes more concerns. If there is negative feedback by parents, it's genuine cases which happened and serves only as a warning to other parents in the same school to be put on alert. We are paying a very hefty fee for childcare fees and as a result, deserve to have the right quality of teachers and care for our children. Otherwise, why would parents choose a more expensive childcare over another?

pinkelle
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby bertrande » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:14 pm

This sounds worrying! Hopefully there will be some explanation soon on this. I was wondering why I couldn't access the thread.

bertrande
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby pebblez » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:37 pm

I believe that incident was an isolated one albeit also one with an extremely difficult parent.

My kids have been with mindchamps eastcoast for the past 2 years and I have nothing but praises for the school

pebblez
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ConcernedDaddy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:46 pm

Can the moderator pls explain why the entire thread is being deleted? Is this at the request of Mindchamps?

Viewers of the forum are all mature individuals who are capable of own judgment and take responsibility for their own comments. Why the removal of this long running thread which has a lot of information and feedback?

ConcernedDaddy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Mindchamps Preschool - Blocked

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Mindchamps has requested to be placed on our blocked list. We have acceded to that request.

Please note that all discussions on companies on KiasuParents.com's Blocked list will be moved to the Rants Forum. You must have at least 50 posts on KiasuParents.com before you can read or post in the Rants Forum. This is to ensure that people are responsible for what they write. We do not accept comments from users who sign up new accounts on KiasuParents.com just to write negative posts about companies.

Thank you.

Here is the link to the blocked discussion:
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... f=34&t=325

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools