Odyssey Preschool

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Odyssey Preschool

Postby morgann » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi there! Any feedback about Odyssey the Global Preschool?

morgann
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Odyssey Preschool

Postby silverdusk » Tue May 06, 2014 5:44 pm

I dunno about other centers but the one at fourth avenue has ample space and caring teachers. School fee is indeed burdensome but with large compound we know at least where the money goes to.
I think they opened a center in the east de loyang this month.

silverdusk
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Odyssey Preschool

Postby andyyap » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:51 am

I sent my child to Odyseey Preschool at Still Road campus but was a such a huge mistake. She was literally bullied by her head teacher because we expressed our dissatisfaction with various things like their extreme exposure to youtube video, the inappropriate content shown to children, their lack of outdoor activities, teacher's negativity. We brought these issues up on a Friday with the center director and our child was specifically identified, ostracized and bullied by the head teacher on the following Monday. Her head teacher even told her that she had to go to a new school. That made her felt rejected, sad and emotionally devastated as my child looked up to this teacher and felt that she had done something drastically wrong to deserve such treatment.

Curriculum wise, she learnt next to nothing in her 3 months there. She watched tons of video on Youtube and picked up random words of mandarin. Still road has a huge campus with ample outdoor space but it's just a white elephant. Activities are confined to a tiny space in the front poach. In her 3 months there, she never had waterplay .. although we were told to leave her swim costumes in school for such activities. Regardless of activities or curriculum, the worst experience was with the teachers. Besides being bullied and emotionally traumatized by the head teacher, the Chinese is constantly on her phone, messaging! 7 out of 10 times I see her, she'd be on the phone while watching over the kids.

A typical day when my child was at Odyssey Still Road
Me to my child: What did you do in school today?
My child responded: Nothing!
Now: She comes back singing new songs, telling us what she did with friends and also new Mandarin words.

We pulled her out of Odyssey the same day we learnt about the mistreatment and it's been 1.5 months since my child enrolled in a new school. In her short 3 weeks at the new school, my child can recite some chinese poems though not perfect, did regular art works and enjoy playtime everyday. I'm glad we pulled our child out early and she's in a much happier and educationally conducive environment now. Her new teachers really cared and ultimately, that's what matters if your child spends more than half a day at the center. By the way, my child is in N2 this year.

andyyap
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools