Communication booklet required for childcare?

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Communication booklet required for childcare?

Postby Dorsetrex » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:41 am

Hi all,
Wondering if there is a standard practice for childcare center to provide Communication booklet to let the parents know what happen in sch? Is there a rule that these are made compulsory?

I m just puzzled that some centers don't practice it. If we would to send our children to a childcare center the whole day, we need to know what they are doing esp children who are only 18 months. Things like nap time, food,..else, how would we know what time to put the baby to bed when he comes back?

Can someone shed some light on this?
Thanks

Dorsetrex
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Communication booklet required for childcare?

Postby Mummy Wong » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:22 pm

My son's childcare has this communication book which have columns like sleep, eat and pass motion. But the information written by teachers is not the whole day happenings. The teachers only have time to do this job when the children are sleeping so the info is before the children sleep.

Mummy Wong
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Dorsetrex » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:10 am

thanks for sharing. I think the comms book is important. At least the essential info, like food, milk and sleep should be tabled down. I have checked and apparently it is not compulsory.
Can I know how old is your son?

Dorsetrex
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Mummy Wong » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:47 pm

My small son in PG.

Even for my elder son, comm book does not state his daily routines but will be a good way of comm between parents and teachers on the children's behaviour in school.

Mummy Wong
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Dorsetrex » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:56 am

Yes, I agree. I think comms book should be made compulsory. I think parents would like to know how much milk or food the children have and if they are napping well in school. With this information, the parents could adjust the amount to eat for dinner and sleep time. Verbal communication is not sufficient as we may not be the one picking them up from school. It could be maids or grandparents. I think the Ministry should look into this.

Dorsetrex
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools