Childcare experience

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Childcare experience

Postby Jasmine Quek » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:32 pm

One of the most important lesson I learnt about choosing an infant care or CHILDCARE is that there should be transparency and the care provider should be comfortable at any point in time for me to walk in.

I took my child out of a childcare after 11 months, upon discovering that there were areas of negligent in hygiene, feeding and caring. The childcare teacher would give me a perfect daily report of his progress and daily activities in the childcare. I never would have suspected anything as I was not allowed to step into the centre except collect my kid at the doorstep.

It was only upon speaking to another parent who was withdrawing her kid that it dawn on me why my son was having much problem feeding and had eczema flare up often. He was acting the same way he was fed at the centre.

So.... The moral of the story is you may be paying a lot for the childcare or infant care. But being able to walk in at anytime is a priory for me when I choose a centre.

Jasmine Quek
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Childcare experience

Postby seoiot38896 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:42 pm

Selecting appropriate childcare is an important decision for any working parent. Finding a reliable and attentive caregiver for your child or infant can be a challenge, whether you’re considering an in-home provider, such as a nanny or au pair, or an outside childcare facility, such as a daycare center or home daycare. These guidelines can help you find a childcare provider who is the best fit for both you and your child.
Day care program, find child care, quality child care.

seoiot38896
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Childcare experience

Postby Mummy Wong » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:23 pm

I too had a bad experience with infant care. My son was down with HFMD after 2 weeks in the infant care. And I found out at least half of the babies got it.

Mummy Wong
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools