Childcare @ Tiong Bahru

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Childcare @ Tiong Bahru

Postby sunshine8 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:33 am

Hi,

We are currently looking for a childcare center near Tiong Bahru. Any suggestions of good childcare centers nearby? For instance, any comments on Twinks School House, Kids campus and Arts Kids? Feedbacks on other childcare centers are most welcome too! :smile:

Thanks a lot!

sunshine8
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Childcare @ Tiong Bahru

Postby bernice04 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi,
How old is your LO?
My gal used to go to Eager Beaver School house at Bukit Merah. Overall, we like the school and they had prepared my gal for Pri 1's education. I like the premises whereby they can have all in one activities ie: music and movement, swimming classes arranged. So that I don't have to bring my gal for extra classes during weekend.
I heard there is an increment in school fee, not sure about the rate now.

bernice04
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tlc » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:43 pm

I visited twinks 3 years ago, it's under MMI
right? It was disorganized and they were severely understaffed. They refused to let me see the kitchen cos it had not been cleaned up yet. Red flags went up all around. Things might be different now but it's important that you make a visit and judge for yourself.

My kid is at Mindchamps at tanglin road, so far so good. Am happy with the level of care as well as the curriculum.

tlc
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sunshine8 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:26 pm

Hi Bernice,

Thanks so much for your reply. My kid is 2.5yo so PG. Visited EB. Didn't manage to see teachers conducting lessons as they only allow visits during napping time or sat. It's one of the cc that we think is not bad after a series of going around. However we are concerned with hfmd. Heard that there are few cases but it tends to persist. Is that true? How do you find their curriculum? Is it systematic?

Thanks

sunshine8
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sunshine8 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Hi tlc,

Thanks so much for your reply too. Tanglin is too far for us. My in laws will be helping to fetch so we would prefer somewhere that's nearer. :)

We went to twinks, the cc is huge but yes, not a lot of teachers.

sunshine8
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby daddy2007 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:30 pm

sunshine8 wrote:However we are concerned with hfmd. Heard that there are few cases but it tends to persist.

every childcare or even kinder will experience hfmd case every other months. if there are more than few cases at a time, the centre will be closed for a week. the risk is always there so just have to brace it and pray it wont happen to your child :pray:

daddy2007
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby sunshine8 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:32 pm

True. Thanks

sunshine8
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby bernice04 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:56 am

Any mummies send their LO to Moral Child Development at Jalan Membina (opposite Tiong Bahru Plaza)? Any reviews?

bernice04
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby towkayneo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:42 pm

bernice04 wrote:Hi,
How old is your LO?
My gal used to go to Eager Beaver School house at Bukit Merah. Overall, we like the school and they had prepared my gal for Pri 1's education. I like the premises whereby they can have all in one activities ie: music and movement, swimming classes arranged. So that I don't have to bring my gal for extra classes during weekend.
I heard there is an increment in school fee, not sure about the rate now.

Hi Bernice, can I know the teacher-student ratio of EB? Are they fully-airconditioned and do they have their own playground..? Thanks!

towkayneo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools