Growing Up Gifted

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Growing Up Gifted

Postby prec1ou5 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:00 pm

Dear Parents

Any feedback on the above two education centres for toddlers....am thinking of which to send my kid to....

prec1ou5
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mrswongtuition » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:49 am

If distance isn't a factor, my personal choice is GUG :)

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tamtam » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:40 am

I think it depends what you're looking for. The curriculum at Growing up gifted is all rounded and really gives children a very good education. I've compared GUG with other schools and at the end of the day, we still feel it is the best! My elder one been with GUG since toddler and now in their kindergarten class. Both my 2 kids love going to school becos their lessons and activities are always interesting and creative, and the teachers are caring and passionate.

tamtam
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby arielle08 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:13 pm

GUG is about learning in a fun way.
But after a while the songs can be v repetitive.

LNT is about right brain training, so very different from GUG.

arielle08
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mintcc » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:19 pm

I think GUG is good for kids who are not attending other childcare of playgroup/kindergarten. LNT is more like Shichida where parents attend with the kids to learn ways to engage the kids in learning thtough activities like flash cards.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Growing Up gifted

Postby Jacbe » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi,

Any comments or review for the Bilingual Playgroups at GUG? Which outlet is better?

Jacbe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

re: Growing Up gifted

Postby tamtam » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:18 pm

My youngest attended GUG's bilingual kids playclub and really enjoyed it! In 1.5 hrs there's a lot of learning incl zoophonics but also very fun for the kids. So after 2 terms, we decided to switch him to the Gifted Kids prog 3 x per week. I think teachers in both centres are the same (they move around between the centres).

tamtam
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: re: Growing Up gifted

Postby Jacbe » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:27 am

tamtam wrote:My youngest attended GUG's bilingual kids playclub and really enjoyed it! In 1.5 hrs there's a lot of learning incl zoophonics but also very fun for the kids. So after 2 terms, we decided to switch him to the Gifted Kids prog 3 x per week. I think teachers in both centres are the same (they move around between the centres).

Hi Tamtam...thks for your reply. ...sounds fun and interesting..will check with them when can pop by to take a look...Do you know the rates? Btw how old is your youngest?

Jacbe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Ryan Sng » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:38 am

Jacbe wrote:
tamtam wrote:My youngest attended GUG's bilingual kids playclub and really enjoyed it! In 1.5 hrs there's a lot of learning incl zoophonics but also very fun for the kids. So after 2 terms, we decided to switch him to the Gifted Kids prog 3 x per week. I think teachers in both centres are the same (they move around between the centres).

Hi Tamtam...thks for your reply. ...sounds fun and interesting..will check with them when can pop by to take a look...Do you know the rates? Btw how old is your youngest?

The teachers are fixed to the centres and there are no rotation. Most of the good ones are at United Square. My daughter now is in K2, and I can tell you the course fees are much more expensive than her getting a tertiary diploma. :lol:
But I noticed that there were alot of turnover of teachers. You may want to highlight that issue to the school admin. But I suggest you go to United Square.
Cheers!

Ryan Sng
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jerejoy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:54 am

My boy also attended their twice a week class. He enjoyed his class very much and after 3-4 lessons, he was able to do the zoophonics actions and their sounds. Would love to continue the lesson but the journey is too far away.

Have tried out a few trials at Pat's schoolhouse for the D storyclub and tumbletots but they were not as good as GUG. Are there any good ones around East area?

jerejoy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools