Learning Vision

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Learning Vision

Postby Piggymum » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:24 pm

Hello Mummies/ Daddies,

Anyone of your kids are in LV@NUS?
Any comments & feedback re this centre?

Regards,
Piggumum

Piggymum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby chixchix » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:32 am

This is only for the staff of NUS..not for public..i did call and enquire even the MOE one also for staff.

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Piggymum » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:46 am

Hi chixchix,

When did you enquire about it? I recently spoke to the Principal at LV@NUS. She said they have recently open up for public. Think they want more business lor.

Piggymum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby chixchix » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:32 pm

oh really ?? wah ..ok ..anyways ,,i shifted to JWE ..then wanted to put my boy in the NTU branch ..I e-mailed them but no reply..anyways I happy with Modern Montessori lah :)

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

childcare

Postby Jaslyn Chia » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:10 pm

[Moderator's Note: Topics merged.]

wanna find out about learning vision @ temasek poly, any comments? need to know desparately.....

Jaslyn Chia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: childcare

Postby whoosh » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:38 pm

Jaslyn Chia wrote:[Moderator's Note: Topics merged.]

wanna find out about learning vision @ temasek poly, any comments? need to know desparately.....

My feedback - http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/foru ... 1230042877

whoosh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby chavie » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:03 pm

any feedback with learning visoin @ changi airport? the center is near our place, so i might be considering this depending on quality of their preschool educ.

chavie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

LV@NUS

Postby qms » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:05 pm

Fion Loh wrote:How is the teacher from learning vision at the kent vale?

I was asked in another thread on the teachers in LV@NUS.

My children have been in this centre since Dec 06. My son is graduating this year, and my daughter, next year. However, Learning Vision has just been informed by NUS that the management of the centre will be carried out by Little Skool House next year onwards. Hence, Learning Vision is currently looking for an alternative location that is within 1 km from Kent Vale to cater to the NUS staff.

So far, I am happy with Learning Vision, although there were some hiccups initially. Since the change of Principal, things have improved tremendously.

As the largest centre of Learning Vision, LV@NUS has more than 200 students. Due to this large number, viruses tend to spread more rapidly. However, LV@NUS has done rather well this year to contain the viruses (AH1N1, HFMD, etc.). It was bad last year, such that the centre was required to close for one week. It's a good thing everyone learned and hence the good results this year.

Perhaps it is not Learning Vision's procedure to constantly update parents with the child's progress. Parents get formal updates from teachers twice a year, in the bi-annual PTC. However, for parents who want more frequent updates, please communicate with your child's teacher. Most of them are helpful. They provide every child with a COM book. Just write down whatever you want to say to the teachers in the book. The most important thing is to communicate, communicate and communicate. Lay down your expectations with the child's class teacher.

Most of the teachers in LV@NUS are diploma holders. There are also quite a number of teachers who have worked with Learning Vision for a long time, although it is usual that turnover becomes high immediately following April.

Meals-wise, I think it is decent, too. At least, I don't see them serving hard boiled egg and plain water only for breakfast. They follow the HPB guidelines for nutrition.

Curriculum-wise, they use Letterland to teach English. They teach number bonds for Maths. They have a Home-School Literacy Program to encourage parents and children bonding, as well as inculate reading habits in the children. Besides the normal program, they have included English Speech and Drama in the curriculum, too, even though this program is an optional program. Starting from last year, they have also included Multiple Intelligence in their curriculum.

Optional programs offered by LV@NUS this year are: Junior Gym Program, Ballet (Junior Dance Program), Junior Science Program and Music-in-the-Minds.

That's all I can think of. Anyone who has other questions, just let me know. :celebrate:

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby Fion Loh » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:28 pm

hi qms, thanks so much for your feedback. Will u still continue your girl with learning vision or u will put her in little school?

Fion Loh
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Fion Loh » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:37 pm

maybe you can email me if u get the notice of their relocation which is 1km to kent vale. Thanks so much. Fion_loh255sk@yahoo.com

Fion Loh
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools