Any childcare recommended for ADHD child?

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Any childcare recommended for ADHD child?

Postby dreamy79 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:57 am

Hi

i have a 3 years old son whos being diagnosed with autistic because of his tantrum. He has improved greatly but however once in a while he tend to have a tantrum in his current childcare whenever he dun get his way. but it only last between 1 to 5min and it's just simple loud crying / running to one corner away from his classmates. His current childcare principle is not accomodative and keep hinting that maybe i should withdraw him. I'm pretty upset over this as i thought a childcare principal should be more caring and not only wanting to keep those easy kids to earn easy money. Hence i have decided to look for a new childcare for him. Any suggestions? we're staying in the west.
Any comments is greatly appreciated.

dreamy79
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Any childcare recommended for ADHD child?

Postby ashana » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:17 pm

How is he diagnosed with ADHD? I read that many toddlers do display signs of ADHD at a young age but it can't be properly diagnosed until they turn 6? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Have you heard of Montessori education approach? On my search for suitable CC, I came across this educational method and find that interesting. Perhaps it gives more rooms to child who prefers to explore and learn from sensory play mentally and or physically.

ashana
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools