Learning Horizon

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Learning Horizon

Postby smurf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:17 am

I notice that there is no thread on Learning Horizon. anyone care to share?

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jesschan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:24 am

I think Learning Horizon is related / holding company of Learning Vision and the thread is http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... p?p=110305.

jesschan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby coolit » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:35 pm

What is Learning Horizon about? Is it a childcare? How is it? :?

coolit
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Learning Horizon at Grassroot Club

Postby rainy5 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:50 am

Hi

Learning Horizon is a pre-school while Learning Vision is a childcare centre, they are run separetely. I have seen a thread on Learning Vision but not on Learning Horizon. Would mummies and daddies who sent their children to Learning Horizon please share with us your views about this pre-school.

Thanks very much.

rainy5
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Learning Horizon at Grassroot Club

Postby ClubNAKO » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 am

Dear rainy5,

I have sent my son to Learning Horizon at Grass root Club two years old when he just started primary one in 2008.
You are right, they used to have Learning Horizon which is a BASC facility for primary school children, as a separate entity from Learning Vision, which is a pre-school and childcare centre.

My experience with Learning Horizon is not bad.
The food they provide is a notch up compared with other BASC centres which feed their children with low quality food cooked with cheap ingredients.
However, food tends to be more suitable for toddlers as facilities were shared.
The environment is bright, clean and cheery which I liked.
They do not teach but only ensure homework is done and provide recreational activites for the children during the evenings.

Unfortunately, they have closed the BASC due to non-profitability.
Since then, I have not been successful in finding a quality BASC for my child.
I have tried Pro-Teach and grandmas but none of it worked for him.

Currently, I have decided to set up my own BASC at home.
If you are interested, have a look at my blog at www.clubnako.blogspot.com.

Regards,
Niki koh

ClubNAKO
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby rainy5 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:05 pm

hi ClubNako

Thank you for sharing with us your experience with Learning Horizon BASC. I am actually looking at their pre-school which comprise of playgroups, nursery and kindergarten.

I would like to hear from mummies and daddies who sent their children there - your views and your child's experience with the school.

rainy5
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ClubNAKO » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Dear Rainy5,

I was also looking at the pre-school at the same time for my 4 year old when my 7 year old was in Learning Horizon.

I did not like the fact that Learning Vision manage their classrooms with short cubicle like separators instead of proper classrooms.
It was always very noisy as it is essentially just a very big hall.
I think they did that to optimize space.

I found the teachers very friendly, though.
They sometimes also hepled the kids from BASC.

If you have not been there, I suggest that you have a look first and get a feel of the place and the set up.
I found it very messy at that time, maybe its better now.
Good luck searching for a pre-school, its very important to find a good one.

ClubNAKO
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby rainy5 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi ClubNako

You were right to say Learning Vision (LV) do not have separate classroom, but only short cubicles that act as separators. LV is a childcare centre, the kids there follow the childcare system which incoroprate lessons.

Learning Horizon (LH) which is next door to LV is a pre-school which conducts lessons only. I was informed lesson is conducted in individual classroom (unlike in LV).

rainy5
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby crayonmum » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:20 pm

rainy5 wrote:Hi ClubNako

You were right to say Learning Vision (LV) do not have separate classroom, but only short cubicles that act as separators. LV is a childcare centre, the kids there follow the childcare system which incoroprate lessons.

Learning Horizon (LH) which is next door to LV is a pre-school which conducts lessons only. I was informed lesson is conducted in individual classroom (unlike in LV).

Hi,

My boy is currently at Playworks (N2) at Learning Horizon since Jan this year. So far, I'm very pleased with the school env, teachers and curriculum. My boy enjoys going to sch very much and this, in fact, is his 4th school so far coz I'm a fussy mummy. :P

Any specific areas that u wanna ask abt the sch? :)

crayonmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby rainy5 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:07 am

Hi, thanks for sharing. We will be shifting to the west at year end so will have to give up LH, otherwise I would have enrolled my dd now.

rainy5
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools