Creative O

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Creative O

Postby panicmum » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:47 pm

Title: kids who prev. studied at Creative O/ Caterpillar cove

hi, would really appreciate if any mums/ dads who have previously sent their kids to Creative O/ Caterpillar Cove for K1/K2. How are they adapting to P1? Am thnking of sending kid to either of these two places, provided there are positive feedbacks. Thanks millions! need :idea:

panicmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ctcc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:51 am

Hi panicmum

My small boy juz started Creative O (nursery) last wk.

I was very glad that I change him to Creative O, only regret did not enroll my big boy to Creative O earlier (He’s now K2 at other childcare centre). The teachers there were very good and attentive. I saw the K1 and K2 doing some science experiment. I don’t know much about there curriculum for K1 and K2, maybe you wan to call them and drop by to take a look.

ctcc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby panicmum » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:56 pm

ctcc wrote:Hi panicmum

My small boy juz started Creative O (nursery) last wk.

I was very glad that I change him to Creative O, only regret did not enroll my big boy to Creative O earlier (He’s now K2 at other childcare centre). The teachers there were very good and attentive. ....

hi ctcc, thanks for your feedback. what is ur son's feedback? he likes the teachers there and the students?

panicmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ctcc » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:45 am

I think he enjoy. Their program keep him busy whole day.

The K2 now are at St John Island camping.

I was there with my boy on the 1st day. The class starts at 9am. they
either go music room or open area do some exercise. We are back to class
for lesson for about an hour later. I agree that there are many things
(children's artwork) in the class (every class). Later then I find out
that which time the children create some thing or draw a pic they can get
the teacher to display their work so that others children and their parents
able to see in the evening. If the children do/drawing something at home,
they will oso bring it to class then the teacher will actually give the
children a chance to explain his/her pc of work to others. I think this
help to built the children confident. I attended the chinese lesson. All
children sit in front of the white board. The chinese teacher show them
real tadpoles and ask them many question, the children will take turn to
give them answer. The teacher will write down all answer on the board.
Which time she write a chinese charatcer, she will say out the stroke and
I was surprise that the nursery children there able to recognise quite a
few chinese character and know the stroke quite well.

I saw another group was in the toilet (quite big) learning about water.
The teacher explain to them how to save and not to waste water.

The teachers/aunties there teach them how to fold their cloth/towel after
shower and to lay their own bed.

Sorry.... I am abit long-winded...

conclusion : Good

ctcc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby SAHM » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:14 am

Hi,
I visited creative O after reading your feedback. You are right, teachers are quite attentive. but there are a few doubts that would like you to give your feedback:-

1. classrooms quite messy with all the artworks, i am thinking will the child ever learn to "keep place neat and tidy"?
2. I am quite keen to enrol my active child on the program but at the same time i may feel abit reserve that the school will concentrate more on the project work and not preparing the child adequately to read and write and do simple math sums? Do you get any feedback from other parents there?
My son has to go to one of the top 10 primary schools, heard that the standard is still quite demanding (I was struggling back then), nevertheless school culture is good.
3. in which areas do you see your son made progress on? this teacher yen yi was telling me they encorage students to articulate their thoughts and motive them to learn
4. is the student and teacher ratio really lower than the MCYS standard? I want a smaller group as my son is better suited for environment that the teacher can keep good attention to him as he need more "coaching" kind.

thank you.

SAHM
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ctcc » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:56 pm

1) Yes, they learn (I ask them before and spoken to other parents). As U notice the place is big n there’s many section. There’s a thinking corner, playing corner. Etc

2/3) My boy only attends there for a month but I c the great improvement. He love to go sch, which time we pass by he wl be very proud n point to us and say – my school. Last time when I ask him what did he do in sch, he wl ignore me. Now when I ask him, he is able to tell me. Eg, last wk they actually get the chn to make several kites and to test out the kite’s ability to fly. He got speech delay but he’s able to speak more now. My family, friends, my boy speech therapist, all notice the changes.

They will update us by class learning report including:- Language arts (include words recognition, letter sound, reading, etc), maths and sensory (patterning, counting up to 50), art and crafts, large motor activities, outdoor games, music and movement, Teacher’s sharing.

Sometimes Creative O will organize parenting talk for parents in the evening. I spoken to a few of them and all are very happy. Their chn improve a lot, some can even create their own story bk and show to friends and teachers in sch.

4) My boy is in the nursery group. There’s 4 nursery group (10 – 12 per group). Each group a English teacher, Chinese teacher and assistant to help.

I stay at Jurong west ext (near ntu), may I know where do u stay?

ctcc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby panicmum » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:35 am

ctcc wrote:1)
I stay at Jurong west ext (near ntu), may I know where do u stay?

thanks a lot for your feedback. i stay near clementi. my son is turning 5 next yr, he is studying in a kindy now, likes it there, just that he has quite a lot of time in the afternoon. so i have engaged a private tuitor to teach him twice a wk. i work long hours, so am worried he is not getting enough guidance. yet i like him to spend time with his siblings at home after he finishes school. they get to spend time together with the maids in the afternoon. if i put him in creative, then he will not be spending his time with his siblings. i feel sad each time i think of it. :cry:

panicmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Creative O

Postby SAHM » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:38 am

ctcc wrote:I stay at Jurong west ext (near ntu), may I know where do u stay?

Hi

thank you very much for the informative feedback....
I am moving to west coast area soon...

One last thing, I quite "gancheong" is whether the children are generally quite well behaved? eg, good manners, no names calling, willing to take turns...Do the teachers emphasize on "good behaviours"?

Last time, my son went to one pre-school before and he was labelled as "naughty" by one boy then he was quite upset.....(he was 2years + then) During one of the excursion which I joined them, I saw some of the older kids were pushing the younger ones during play...I did not expect to see this kind of behaviour from a montessori school

Pardon me for being so long winded cos I have been scouting around for a childcare...my son have changed schools 2 times liao...Attentive teachers with good programmes are hard to find....

SAHM
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ctcc » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:50 am

I think the children there are very friendly, positive, good manners and very independent.

Last Friday evening, 2 nursery classes organize a ‘cloth mall’ event for the 2 nursery class children and parents to attend. During the 2 hrs, the teachers will show us the things that children create related to the theme. We watch VCR on how the children contribute ideas to turn their classroom to a shopping mall.. do their artworks, role play, etc…. I must say that all the children did very well, as nursery children.

My boy also ‘well-known’ as naughty boy, slow learner, etc. He can control his temper better now, speak better, more confident. I really regret I did not enroll him earlier….

ctcc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby SAHM » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:24 pm

Hi

Thank you very much for your reply.

SAHM
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools