Creative O

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.
Fion Loh
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Fion Loh » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:35 pm

hi gummy, have u visit the school? The first impression when i first step in is that the school is a bit messy a lot of art work around the place. But when the admin lady show us around n explain to us than i know that these are all the student art work and project. The school is v much learn through play n they do a lots of projects. They don really depend on doing work sheets... Which is wat my husband like. But this school need student to be fully toilet train and they don allow to put in diapers. My son is not fully toilet train so we cant enrol him in creative O yet. But we have put him on the list once he is ready we will enrol him .

gummy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by gummy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:01 pm

thanks Fion,

we have seen the school, no qualms about their classroom and acclaimed curriculum.
Just wondering if any parents can give first hand feedback on teachers and principal. If they are caring, understanding towards children and qualified.
If the school follows their curriculum so said , and principal is hands on in the operation of the school and her teachers.

dadelina
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by dadelina » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi there,

I'm also intending to send my girls to creative O next year.
Any latest reviews from parents?
And, feedbacks from Parents whose children were from Creative-O and have entered to Primary School, are also appreciated. Can they adapt well, etc...?

Thanks!

snow
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by snow » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:05 pm

My boy had finally graduated fr Creative O. He is now a confident individual in P1. :wink: When he is in K2, we decided that there is a need to start him with Chinese and English enrichment classes. Creative don't emphasis on academic. But we have no regrets. Reason being you can never find enrichment classes on creativity and building leadership skills for kids. :lol:
Last edited by snow on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snow
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Creative O on channel 8

Post by snow » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:25 am

There's a documentary on channel 8 that shows the K2 2010's Camping trip. It will be broadcasted on 10 April 2011 Sunday 12 to 1pm. :wink:

snow
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Creative O on channel 8

Post by snow » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:25 am

There's a documentary on channel 8 that shows the K2 2010's Camping trip. It will be broadcasted on 10 April 2011 Sunday 12 to 1pm. :wink:

dadelina
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by dadelina » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:43 am

snow wrote:My boy had finally graduated fr Creative O. He is now a confident individual in P1. :wink: When he is in K2, we decided that there is a need to start him with Chinese and English enrichment classes. Creative don't emphasis on academic. But we have no regrets. Reason being you can never find enrichment classes on creativity and building leadership skills for kids. :lol:

Hi Snow,
Congrats to your boy!!!
Btw, u decided to send enrichment for Chinese and English based on his Creative-O teachers' recommendation or based on ur own observation? How abt Math? My girls are in Creative-O this yr. And, I'm especially concern for my K2 who'll be in P1 next year.

And, in terms of foundation for the English and Math, were they well covered and prepared the child for p1?

Hope to hear from you :)

snow
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by snow » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:43 pm

Creative teachers told us not to worry abt his academic. I Can't help being a KS parent. :lol: We send him to MMI English (fr Jan) and Berries Chinese (fr jun). For maths we coach him fr home. I think Berries is really very good. Now in P1, he has Berries and Mathshub.

Bear Ho
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Bear Ho » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:04 pm

Thousand apologies Fion & Gummy, didn't realise there was PM for me until now (fonts too small).

My boy graduated from Creative and is P1 this year. He is full of confidence and very sociable. His Chinese has improved three folds. He even volunteered to return to Creative to help out and kept wanting to go back to visit the principle and teachers. So far in P1 the only problem is that he cannot move freely and is not used to sit in the same place for hours. In Creative, the children have so many activities to do and not restricted to one place.

My girl is in Nursery this year and is enjoying herself.

Creative concentrates on more hands on and emphasis is placed more on projects, planning etc. Though their teaching is rather unconventional but I can see lots of improvement in both of kids in terms personal development (making presentations, communication etc) and self confidence. Sadly though, a few good teachers have left the school but they have recruited new ones.

The school founder and principle personally teaches the PG. The teachers there are dedicated and I have the utmost respect for them. Please PM me again if you want to know more about the school. My only regret is my boy only started class in K1 but my girl will be there for the next 3 years : )

Cheers !!

snow
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by snow » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:02 am

Hi Bear,

We also missed his friends and teachers fr creative. my boy even wrote down a list of his friends name fr ocean and put it in his pencil case. The only feedback received from his P1 teachers is that he is very restless. He is not used to the classroom concept with proper tables and chairs. But I guess he would have to learn. He had only came to know what is MARKS when he received his spelling results. :lol:

Envy that u still have a chance to go creative. :wink: