Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Creative O

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Re: Creative O

Postby Bear Ho » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Hi Sophieng,

I have seen a few introverts, reserves and quiet kids in Creative O over the last 5 years. All of them have 'blossomed'...I think it's a matter of time. Besides outdoor play, the school has plenty of activites to build one character.

Talk to her and ask her why is she upset, give her encouragement. Find out from the teachers how she behaves after sending her. Work together with the teachers to see how best to bring the best in her.

Hope she will be ok and enjoy herself...

Bear Ho
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sgwave » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:15 pm

Sophieng,

I think at a certain point in time, changing of environment is unavoidable. There is always insecurity when one moves out of the comfort zone. Imagine if this happens when she is in P1 and you do not know why. Since you have already made the change, why don't you try to find out why and address her concern. From there, you could help her out. You know her best. Don't give up.

sgwave
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby dp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi Sophieng,

You did not mention how old is your daughter. So i am not sure if my experience with my older boy is relevant.

My older boy (who is P3 now) joined Creative O only in K1. Prior to that, he was in other school where he was not participating in class and would be typically be the only boy walking around/ doing some other things when other children were sitting in a group listening to the teachers. This behaviour continued when he joined CreativeO.

Before our first meet the teachers session, we were worried that the teachers might say there's something wrong with him or that his behaviour needs to improve etc. To our surprise, the teacher said he was normal (which was great news to us) and had good points like helpful, compassionate etc. My wife actually shed some tears on the spot. Teachers who can see the good side of every child are invaluable and we are grateful to the teachers for that.

Gradually, my son began to participate more in class, made some friends and really bonded with the teachers. I would say he has improved a lot compared to when he just join CreativeO. My son have very fond memories of his K1/K2 teachers and he still meets 4 ex-CreativeO classmates weekly because they have same badminton or swimming lessons.

My advice is somewhat the same as Bear Ho and Sgwave. Firstly, if you just joined, give your child time at least 6months to settle down and for the teachers to know your child better.

Secondly, listen to what her teachers in CreativeO have to say after 6 months. There are many experienced teachers who would have seen many children to give an opinion. Talk to the principal, Ms Tan, about your concern if necessary. I find that she gives excellent advice, most of the time in short and straight to the point form.

Lastly, although you said your child is not "'athletically'-inclined", studies have showed that exercise are good for the overall development of young children. Also, as what Bear Ho mentioned, there will be other character building activities.

All the best and i hope your girl will blossom happily in CreativeO.

dp

dp
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Sophieng » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi Bear Ho, sgwave and dp,

Heartfelt thanks for your replies. Dp, it is comforting to know that your older child grew to love his teachers at CreativeO and made good friends. Yes, I think we'll continue to work on it for at least the next 6 months. Hope to log in then with news of a happy, well-adjusted child!

Sophieng
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby snow » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:30 am

My son is also in P3 now. I think being in Creative O during his pre-school years really makes him a confident boy. Now it is time for my little 2 years old girl to attend pre-school... But grandmum opposes the idea of going Creative O again... sigh... Reason being Creative O don't focus on academic... Still trying to convince her...

snow
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Creative O on channel 8

Postby Han Seo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:43 am

snow wrote:There's a documentary on channel 8 that shows the K2 2010's Camping trip. It will be broadcasted on 10 April 2011 Sunday 12 to 1pm. :wink:

Anyone knows what is the title of this documentary?

Han Seo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bagabunny » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:31 pm

hi all..Creative O has recently increased the fees..this is due to increase in rental.
It is quite a fair bit of increase. Im wondering if it's still worth it to send my child there?
I've visited the place and like it very much. Also agree with their philosophy and the activities conducted. I have a friend whose 3 kids were/are there, so only heard good stuff, nothing negative.
The only concern now is the $$$

bagabunny
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Creative O with Thanks

Postby dp » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Both my boys have been with Creative O and its been 5 years since we first enrolled our elder son with them. Time flies, in 2 weeks time, my younger boy will be starting primary school.

Creative O has prepared them well and i would like to give thanks for the following;
1) The teachers. There are many teachers, ah-yi and staff in Creative O that i am grateful towards but their K1/ K2 teachers deserves special mention. Thanks to Teacher Linda, Teacher Wieling and Hong Laoshi for their dedication to their profession and love for the kids.

2) Thanks also for the spectrum of Creative O activities like camping on St John's island, monthly visits to old folks home, many many outings, Wushu classes, arts classes, dance classes and a lot of outdoor exercises.

It is indeed bittersweet that my time with Creative O is coming to an end but my gratitude for its role in my sons' lives shall never end.

Thank You CREATIVE O

dp
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Mokie » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:35 pm

My boy was in PG Creative O last year.
I had to withdraw him this year as we have to move to bedok.

I am glad that i put him in Creative O. In the 1 year that he was in Creative O,
he was really happy and learning a lot of things! He love all the outdoor activities
and outings. I felt that the outings helped him learn a lot of things from real life
experience and he would come back and tell me all about it. These outing left him
a deep impression and he actually remember and learn more things from these outings than the same things that I taught him from a book.

I can also see the change in him especially now that he is in a new Kindergarten.
Even as a new student in the school, he is more outspoken and independent than
the rest of the kids which went through N1 in the same school.

Even though its just 1 year in the school, i think that Creative O help him alot!

Mokie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby dodonut » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:16 pm

Hi, I am considering enrolling my daughter in Creative O (playgroup) as I've read about so many good things abt this school. I heard however, that a few good teachers left the school a while back and they recruited new teachers. Parents with kids still there - how are the teachers?

Another thing is also the fees... a bit steep.

Thanks for the advice!

dodonut
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres