Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Creative O

Discuss specific Playgroups, Infant Care, Child Care & Pre-school service providers here.

Re: Creative O

Postby weilingohwl » Fri May 30, 2014 5:34 am

Hi, I stay in woodlands. I would like to know if creative o will open up more branches? Are there similar centre like creative o? Really like their centre philosophy

weilingohwl
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Sky_Blue » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:25 pm

No other branch. One and the only one at Jurong East. Creative O approach is very different from others, I have transferred my girl from normal childcare to Creative O. She has been there for one year plus, I could see the changes on her and the most important is the effort that her teachers have put on them. The effort that the teachers have spent is really far above from my gal's ex-teacher. I like the way how they coach kids learn through play, so creative! I registered again for my younger kid without 2nd thought.

Sky_Blue
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby alwaysbuzymum » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:57 pm

My eldest son graduated from CreativeO and my 2nd son currently in CreativeO. Just to share with you a bit of my experience with CreativeO.

First of all, I would like to say thanks to Li LaoShi who taught my eldest son. She is a super dedicated teacher and well respected by parents. CreativeO has many dedicated and experienced teachers. Sadly say, a few good one incl Li LaoShi have left the school.

CreativeO does not emphasise on academic. It focuses a lot on project learning and character building. No homework, no hypy was taught and not much spelling.

My eldest son is attending one of the top primary schools. The transition to primary school was a painful one for my eldest son, from an unconventional to classroom environment. He was struggling at first (in P1) to catch up school syllabus. His peers were far advanced than him in terms of Chinese writing, hypy, times table etc. He always place at "hot seat" in front of teacher because of fidgeting. To survive in highly pressurised primary schools, we have to “stress” him a bit to make sure he is not too far behind. He does not have the “competitive” mindset. But sadly say we live in Singapore.

Having said that, my son is doing fine at school (can be better in the eye of KS parent). He is a fast learner especially enjoys studying Math and Science but not language subjects. He is curious, good in problem solving and strong in logic thinking. Attending CreativeO does help him in terms of character building, boost his curiosity and observation.

For my 2nd son, I am struggling whether should I transfer him to a more academic focused preschool to give him a good headstart. I have not done so because I am in the paradox of good result versus happy childhood, psle versus long term.

If you are KS parent yet like CreativeO learning style, be prepare to help your child during transition or sent them for extra enrichments.

alwaysbuzymum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby hhoo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:45 pm

hi everyone, sorry to"sidetrack"a little. I noticed weilingohwl and Sky_Blue were discussing about Creative O having any branches - which is no. We have a new Childcare called Jolly Owl School House (https://www.facebook.com/JollyOwlSH) at Primz Bizhub, Woodlands Close (beside Woodlands Ave 12), as a parent I liked the way Creative O builds confidence and character of our children via the project approach. Not something that my daughter can learn from books in her previous Kindergarten. Finding a good school for my N2 daugther was very challenging. Our principal here was the former principal of Creative O too (Mdm VP) and we are also adopting the same project approach. Please feel free to drop by for a visit. Moderator - sorry if this violates any policies. Just wanted to share.

hhoo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby JY2011 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:48 am

alwaysbuzymum wrote:My eldest son graduated from CreativeO and my 2nd son currently in CreativeO. Just to share with you a bit of my experience with CreativeO.

First of all, I would like to say thanks to Li LaoShi who taught my eldest son. She is a super dedicated teacher and well respected by parents. CreativeO has many dedicated and experienced teachers. Sadly say, a few good one incl Li LaoShi have left the school.

CreativeO does not emphasise on academic. It focuses a lot on project learning and character building. No homework, no hypy was taught and not much spelling.

My eldest son is attending one of the top primary schools. The transition to primary school was a painful one for my eldest son, from an unconventional to classroom environment. He was struggling at first (in P1) to catch up school syllabus. His peers were far advanced than him in terms of Chinese writing, hypy, times table etc. He always place at "hot seat" in front of teacher because of fidgeting. To survive in highly pressurised primary schools, we have to “stress” him a bit to make sure he is not too far behind. He does not have the “competitive” mindset. But sadly say we live in Singapore.

Having said that, my son is doing fine at school (can be better in the eye of KS parent). He is a fast learner especially enjoys studying Math and Science but not language subjects. He is curious, good in problem solving and strong in logic thinking. Attending CreativeO does help him in terms of character building, boost his curiosity and observation.

For my 2nd son, I am struggling whether should I transfer him to a more academic focused preschool to give him a good headstart. I have not done so because I am in the paradox of good result versus happy childhood, psle versus long term.

If you are KS parent yet like CreativeO learning style, be prepare to help your child during transition or sent them for extra enrichments.

Hi, alwaysbuzymum.

I am sorry to hear that your eldest son has problem to cope with the P1 life. So you mentioned that his classmates are far more advanced than him. Is it because the parents of his classmates send their kids to tuition classes before starting P1? I chatted with an aunty during my way sending my DD to the school. The aunty told me that her daughter started the English tuition lesson of their 3 grandchilren at age 4. I was ike :scared: as I have not thought of this and hoping that our DD can do well with preschool teachers' guidances. We send her to a good preschool so we thought it will be sufficient oledi. CreativeO should be a good school too but now you are saying your eldest is also struggling in P1..... Your son seems really good to me as he likes maths and science, problem solving.... So it makes no difference where we send them to but need to send them tuitions still before P1...

The aunty told me that kids are required to wrong short comprehension but not only spelling now in P1. Is it true? Definitely, her grandchildren, all are quite smarts one, are also quite stressed up and the 2 elder grandchildren are attending one of the elite primary schools. I am also a bit worry on DD's progress now...

Sorry can't give much suggestion but just wanna share my thought...

JY2011
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby alwaysbuzymum » Wed May 06, 2015 2:09 pm

JY2011 wrote:
alwaysbuzymum wrote:My eldest son graduated from CreativeO and my 2nd son currently in CreativeO. Just to share with you a bit of my experience with CreativeO.

Hi, alwaysbuzymum.

I am sorry to hear that your eldest son has problem to cope with the P1 life. So you mentioned that his classmates are far more advanced than him. Is it because the parents of his classmates send their kids to tuition classes before starting P1? I chatted with an aunty during my way sending my DD to the school. The aunty told me that her daughter started the English tuition lesson of their 3 grandchilren at age 4. I was ike :scared: as I have not thought of this and hoping that our DD can do well with preschool teachers' guidances. We send her to a good preschool so we thought it will be sufficient oledi. CreativeO should be a good school too but now you are saying your eldest is also struggling in P1..... Your son seems really good to me as he likes maths and science, problem solving.... So it makes no difference where we send them to but need to send them tuitions still before P1...

The aunty told me that kids are required to wrong short comprehension but not only spelling now in P1. Is it true? Definitely, her grandchildren, all are quite smarts one, are also quite stressed up and the 2 elder grandchildren are attending one of the elite primary schools. I am also a bit worry on DD's progress now...

Sorry can't give much suggestion but just wanna share my thought...

Hi jy2011
U r right, other parents send their kids to tuitions at very young age. Some of his classmates even started doing P1 assessment book at K1 :yikes: . After 2 stressful years and a lot pushing, I am satisfied with his progress....I think his results is above average (school doesn't share ranking).

alwaysbuzymum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby utama03 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:54 pm

I am the mother of two kdis of Creative O, one graduated and one still in Creative O.

The teachers are really caring, devoted and willing to spend extra time to work with the kids.

Although it's private-owned but they never run it like for-profit organisation. although the school fees was raised due to rental fee, the school is very reasonable in the fees and all the related fees (field trips) are charged at minimal.

In addition, the school never advertise or share much on social media as they put the privacy of the kids at priority.

It's a pre-school well known among the early childhood institutions, they receive few batches of trainees from Singapore and Taiwan each year, as well as visits from MOE.

Greatly appreciated the effort of the teachers/ aunties/ admin staff in Creative O.

utama03
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Han Seo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:22 pm

I know Miss Tan, the operator, personally. I have asked her about opening other branches a few years ago but she has adamantly refused to do so, citing the difficulty of maintaining quality as the reason. As someone in the preschool industry myself (teacher trainer), I whole-heartedly support her. You can have the best programme written on paper but ultimately, whether your teacher can carry out the programme for you is another story. To support and retain your best teachers, management has to put in a lot of effort to support and retain them, including fair remuneration, mentoring, professionl growth and development. All these take up a lot of time. To open branches will mean her energy will be stretched. She could easily franchised her centre now for millions, due to the reputation that was built up over the years. The fact that she refused to do so speaks volumes about her dedication to this field.

Han Seo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Cl13 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:31 am

Hi utamao3 and Han Seo,
I'm Glad to read your posts as I'm considering whether to send my son who is turning 3 years old soon to Creative O. Withdrawn him recently from another pre-school. I am impressed by the unconventional style of teaching for their K1 and K2 kids and it really sounds more interesting to be studying here. Can any one of you share more about their nursery classes and how are the Teachers? My son didn't like the other school and had issues settling in so I'm really hope to find another school that will be suitable for him and not have too many changes for him.
Thank you

Cl13
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Han Seo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi CL13,
I am sorry I can't share much about her nursery classes and the teachers as I do not have any direct contact with them, if this is what you mean. However, I am sure under Miss Tan's leadership, the welfare of the children and staff are at the top of her list. In terms of pedagogical approach, she knows what she is doing. There are many centres that will use fanciful educational terms to sell their centres (e.g. STEM Approach, MI, Reggio-inspired etc...) but you can never be sure if they really practise what they proclaim because teacher's classroom practices are highly complex with many factors at play.

If you are looking for a quality centre with reasonable fees, you can't go wrong with Creative O. Having said that, Miss Tan is also getting on in years, I do hope she has a succession plan. It will be a pity if she were to give up her centre in the near future due to the inability to find like-minded staff and leader to take over the centre that she has painstakingly built up over the last 20 years.

Han Seo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres