Chen Li Kindergarten

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Chen Li Kindergarten

Postby HappyAvon » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:51 am

Chen Li Kindergarten in Guillemard Road. Anyone send their children to their Kindegarten programme - K1 & K2? Care to share some feedbacks here? Thanks!

HappyAvon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Ljas1370 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:00 am

If you are staying around East area, St Hilda's Kindergarten will be a better choice than Chen Li Kindergarten. My son is K1 at St Hilda's Kindergarten. I'm very impressed by their teaching. Very academic well prepared your child for P1. Fee is almost the same as Chen Li. I'm staying around Kallang Airport. You can make appt to talk to the principal Ms Buckland. A very nice lady.

Ljas1370
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby HappyAvon » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:46 pm

Ljas1370 wrote:If you are staying around East area, St Hilda's Kindergarten will be a better choice than Chen Li Kindergarten. My son is K1 at St Hilda's Kindergarten. I'm very impressed by their teaching. Very academic well prepared your child for P1. Fee is almost the same as Chen Li. I'm staying around Kallang Airport. You can make appt to talk to the principal Ms Buckland. A very nice lady.

Hi Ljas1370, thanks much for the response.. Yah I did check with St Hilda's kindy and was told I need to register in Jan 2009 for 2010 intake. We are staying around Kallang Arport too- just behind the old Fatty Weng... BTW, how long has your son been with St Hilda?

HappyAvon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby J2mum » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:00 pm

HappyAvon,

My ger is with Chen Li Kindy but I am withdrawing her out of the school after the school term ends.

I have not complain abt the teachers, environment and food.
The teachers are very good, caring. Food serve to the kids are healthy.

Reason to withdraw cos of the school fee. I am not willing to pay so much cos my son will need to attend N1 next yr. If I am sending both kids then it will cost me 1K per term and Kindy doesnt give subsidy like Childcare.

They are going to have open house soon, U can call and check out. The Principal Mrs Esther is very nice lady.

One thing, the kids never have homework back so sometime I dun know wat she really learn till the end of the term. My neighbours kids are sent to the same kindy but I also see that the parents also send the kids to extra enrichment class so it make me a bit scare if the kindy really provide enough and prepare my kid well for Pri One.

J2mum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Ljas1370 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:35 pm

Dear HappyAvon,

When my son was 2 1/2 years old, I put him at School House by the Bay for 1 year. Subsequently, I withdrew because I find the fees is too expensive and he doesn't learn much. In Nursery, he was with PAP which was the worse decision I made. I decided to put him in St Hilda's Kindergarten after I happened to meet Ms Buckland - the principal. She was giving 1-hour enrichment class to K1/K2 student at St Hilda link at Blk 10 Jalan Batu. She doesn't get any salary. It's by request from St Hilda Link. The fee is quite cheap $10 for 10 lesson. That's when I started to know about St Hilda's Kindergarten. Ever since my second son join the school, I have no regrets. In fact I find the kindergarten very well prepared the student for P1. The curriculm is very good. Since you are staying at Kallang Airport, you might want to come to my house, I can show you my son's worksheets what he does in his school. A few examples I can give is for English lesson, they test the student on rewrite of sentences, as for maths, they teach like e.g. 3 + __ = 7. 7 - ___ = 5 etc. They have weekly english and chinese spelling too. You can contact me at Ljas1370@yahoo.com.sg. They even have computer lesson but that's a extra fee of $110 per quarter. I staying at Kampong Arang (quite near to Kallang Airport).

From my experience, I realised that early foundation is very important. My elder son was with PAP since N1 to K2. I chose PAP because fee was cheap and the school is nearby my house but he learned totally nothing. That's why he really had hard time when he was in P1. From my elder son, I learnt a lesson, rather than to give him a fish, give him a fishing rod so that he can learn how to catch a fish. No point leaving behind a will (fish) for your children, give them a good education (fishing rod) so that they can earn a living themselves. My second son currently also attend english phonics at ICR, math enrichment at D'Seeds learning centre at Katong Shopping Centre and I intend to put him in Molin for Chinese enrichment.

Ljas1370
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby HappyAvon » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:07 pm

J2mum wrote:HappyAvon,

My ger is with Chen Li Kindy but I am withdrawing her out of the school after the school term ends.

I have not complain abt the teachers, environment and food.
The teachers are very good, caring. Food serve to the kids are healthy.

Reason to withdraw cos of the school fee. I am not willing to pay so much cos my son will need to attend N1 next yr. If I am sending both kids then it will cost me 1K per term and Kindy doesnt give subsidy like Childcare.

They are going to have open house soon, U can call and check out. The Principal Mrs Esther is very nice lady.

One thing, the kids never have homework back so sometime I dun know wat she really learn till the end of the term. My neighbours kids are sent to the same kindy but I also see that the parents also send the kids to extra enrichment class so it make me a bit scare if the kindy really provide enough and prepare my kid well for Pri One.

Hi J2mum, thanks for the info. BTW, many childcare are popular in learning through play. They do not really concentrate much on academic ...you still need to send the children for enrichment class :)

HappyAvon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby HappyAvon » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:20 pm

Ljas1370 wrote:Dear HappyAvon,

When my son was 2 1/2 years old, I put him at School House by the Bay for 1 year. Subsequently, I withdrew because I find the fees is too expensive and he doesn't learn much. In Nursery, he was with PAP which was the worse decision I made. I decided to put him in St Hilda's Kindergarten after I happened to meet Ms Buckland - the principal. She was giving 1-hour enrichment class to K1/K2 student at St Hilda link at Blk 10 Jalan Batu. She doesn't get any salary. It's by request from St Hilda Link. The fee is quite cheap $10 for 10 lesson. That's when I started to know about St Hilda's Kindergarten. Ever since my second son join the school, I have no regrets. In fact I find the kindergarten very well prepared the student for P1. The curriculm is very good. Since you are staying at Kallang Airport, you might want to come to my house, I can show you my son's worksheets what he does in his school. A few examples I can give is for English lesson, they test the student on rewrite of sentences, as for maths, they teach like e.g. 3 + __ = 7. 7 - ___ = 5 etc. They have weekly english and chinese spelling too. You can contact me at Ljas1370@yahoo.com.sg. They even have computer lesson but that's a extra fee of $110 per quarter. I staying at Kampong Arang (quite near to Kallang Airport).

From my experience, I realised that early foundation is very important. My elder son was with PAP since N1 to K2. I chose PAP because fee was cheap and the school is nearby my house but he learned totally nothing. That's why he really had hard time when he was in P1. From my elder son, I learnt a lesson, rather than to give him a fish, give him a fishing rod so that he can learn how to catch a fish. No point leaving behind a will (fish) for your children, give them a good education (fishing rod) so that they can earn a living themselves. My second son currently also attend english phonics at ICR, math enrichment at D'Seeds learning centre at Katong Shopping Centre and I intend to put him in Molin for Chinese enrichment.

Hi Ljas1370, I do agree that early foundation is very important and that's the reason why I am searching for a good kindy for K1/K2.
My daughter is currently in N1 and she is now with Shaws Preschool- was there since Pre-nursery. I am withdrawing her in end November as I feel that the school has too much play and adventure.....I do agree she learns alot in Shaws but does not have much confidence that she will be well prepared for Pri 1.
My girl is currently having the following programme :
-Weekend phonics lesson at Zoophonics
-Weekly class at Yamaha - music wonderland
-Weekend class at Little Neuro Tree.
In fact, I wanted to try her out with St Hilda for N2 next year but was told there was no vacancy. As such, I have enrolled my girl with Zoophonic daily class for N2 next year. Their daily programme covers Eng, Maths, Rigby Maths, Science, Drama, Music & movement, art & craft , social studies. Its 3 hours daily and they incorporate 30 minutes of chinese daily. I will consider to register with St Hilda for her K1 class in Jan 09. I wld really love to pay a visit to St Hilda- do we need to make appointment before we go to the school? Many thanks for your advise! :lol:

HappyAvon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Ljas1370 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:34 pm

Hi HappyAvon,

Yes, you've to make an appt to visit the school. Talk to the teachers and also the principal Ms Buckland. You may also ask them to show you some of their student's work. FYI, the morning class is very popular. My son is in the afternoon class but put on waitlist for the morning class. GOOD LUCK!

Ljas1370
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby papamama » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:05 am

Happy Avon,

I PM you to ask abt Shaws.

papamama
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Chen Li Kindergarten

Postby Dee » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:43 pm

Hello J2mum,
I've PMed you about Chen Li Kindergarten.

Would also like to hear more positive or negative feedback that mummies/daddies might have about the pre-nursury at Chen Li.

thanks!

Dee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Kindergartens