Newton Kindergarten

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Newton Kindergarten

Postby jazz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:00 am

Anyone sent their kids to this school? Can give comments? Do they prepare kids well academically to P1? Would appreciate much valuable feedbacks...thanks!

jazz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:26 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Newton Kindergarten

Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:24 am

jazz wrote:Anyone sent their kids to this school? Can give comments? Do they prepare kids well academically to P1? Would appreciate much valuable feedbacks...thanks!


my kids gone through it

very good

FYI - its is church-based

If you are from English-speaking family, should enroll the kids in the Chinese section. They are good

They have been around for decades
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby jazz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:25 am

Hi verykiasu2010 (aiyo...paiseh to call yr nick),

Thanks for yr response. Could u elaborate more on how good is the school? I mean academically wise? Any homeworks/spelling? Understand they do not hv any communication booklet at the end of the day....how do u know yr kid has learnt anything? Since this school emphasis more on chinese learning...how abt their english teaching? How abt teachers? Are they caring? Sorry, to ask so many questions as couldn't find much info., only response is they are strong in chinese. Tks!

jazz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:26 pm
Total Likes: 1


Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:31 am

jazz wrote:Hi verykiasu2010 (aiyo...paiseh to call yr nick),

Thanks for yr response. Could u elaborate more on how good is the school? I mean academically wise? Any homeworks/spelling? Understand they do not hv any communication booklet at the end of the day....how do u know yr kid has learnt anything? Since this school emphasis more on chinese learning...how abt their english teaching? How abt teachers? Are they caring? Sorry, to ask so many questions as couldn't find much info., only response is they are strong in chinese. Tks!


no paisei. should change my nick to verypaypoh2010

academically to me they are okay, usual stuff like spelling and tingxie, art and craft...see the workdone that the kids bring home is proof, right ? I won't say they emphasise more on chinese, just that they have a "chinese track" which I find good in building foundation and interest for the kids in chinese language. Teachers are good and caring and you can call them for feedback. FYI, they are presbyterian and church-based, so there are bible related lessons in teaching of basic values and virtue.....plus their year end concert is always very exciting and "professional" with full costume...
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby jazz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:08 pm

Thanks for yr great input! BTW, yr kid still in this school? How many years been there? Yr kid likes this school much? Overall, of course, I hope my kid enjoy the school which is very important.

jazz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:26 pm
Total Likes: 1



Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:09 pm

jazz wrote:Thanks for yr great input! BTW, yr kid still in this school? How many years been there? Yr kid likes this school much? Overall, of course, I hope my kid enjoy the school which is very important.


my kid now in P6...he still can sing the Newton school song. he was there from nursery to k2

when we drive by, he can still point out his classroom...
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby jazz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:39 pm

That means he likes his kindy v. much...that's good to hear :) Thnx!
Any mummies/daddies would like to comment?

jazz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:26 pm
Total Likes: 1


Postby miraclebaby » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:30 pm

my son likes the school very much too!

miraclebaby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:33 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby jazz » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi miraclebaby,

Is yr son still in this kindy? Can elaborate more y yr son likes this school? I need more feedback. Tks!

jazz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:26 pm
Total Likes: 1


Postby MummyThreeStreams » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:57 pm

My son started attending Newton Kindergarten Playgroup last year. I had received very positive feedback from my three friends who sent their kids there. One of them, whose daughter did not speak a word of Chinese at home, was able to pick up Chinese very quickly after attending.

My son loves it there. The teachers in his class were very loving. He has enjoyed the activities and comes home singing the songs taught in school, and telling me about the stories he heard and things he did. His language skills, colouring and attention span improved significantly during his year, and we managed to potty train him together with the teachers' help. (Of course, these developments are also just part of a child's normal development milestones.)

We're very happy with the school.

MummyThreeStreams
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:20 pm
Total Likes: 2


Next

Return to Kindergartens