Thomson road baptist kindergarten

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Thomson road baptist kindergarten

Postby DESTINED » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:32 pm

:D HI, anyone heard of thomson road baptist kindergarten? planning to register my child with them for next year but havent decided yet. hope to get some feedback on the school and their teachers.. cheers :idea:

DESTINED
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby DesertWind » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi destined,

Is that the one almost next to United Square? The one with the very nice (relatively new) church building?

I have heard of it and went down to take a look contemplating to register. I understand from the admin. lady they have quite good teachers who are mothers themselves and the classrooms looks quite conducive.

But did not register as it is a bit too far for me and also there is a condo. construction going on next door right?
:celebrate:

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby DESTINED » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:20 pm

DesertWind wrote:Hi destined,

Is that the one almost next to United Square? The one with the very nice (relatively new) church building?

I have heard of it and went down to take a look contemplating to register. I understand from the admin. lady they have quite good teachers who are mothers themselves and the classrooms looks quite conducive.

But did not register as it is a bit too far for me and also there is a condo. construction going on next door right?

hi desertwind,

Yes thats it. The school is next united sq. apperently we found that it was too far for us too and we required a schoolbus and need to send my child to two places which we found it was not practical. so we decided to find her a school nearer to parents where she will be spending most of her time.
However if you are staying anywhere near the central area you should check out KNOWLEDGE FRONTIER LEARNING CENTRE which is located in bishan.
It is relatively new and found the teaching method interesting as they guide the children according to the kids ability and its a small group of 8 in a class plus it gives a homely environment. Due to a smaller group of children the teachers are able to concentrate on an individual basis. Oh yes we actually discoverd this centre through kiasu parents forum and it was rated 4 /5 in their listing.
I am still scouting though.
Please do feel free to share your thoughts on this yea! cheers

DESTINED
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby DesertWind » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:46 pm

Hi Destined,

Your girl same year as mind leh! My son also golden pig year in Sept. month.

He is going to Marymount Kindergarten next year starting at Nursery level. It is a very popular kindy around this area and guess you stay around Novena should be near too. However you must call to check the vacancy if you are interested.

Not sure what type of kindy you are looking for me searching for a kindy around the "Central" area like AMK (I stay there), Thomson, Bishan etc. not easy because not many "good" ones. There are a lot of independent ones though which I did not explore so could not comment.

Other big brand names around this area:
(1) Patschoolhouse - Whitley Road
(2) Carpe Diem - Yio Chu Kang
(3) Learning Vision @ Grassroots club (Yio Chu Kang MRT)

But perhaps all the above too far for you?

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby meiah » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:08 pm

My ds 1 and ds 2 spent 4 years each there, so we actually attended 8 annual concerts! It's a pretty average school with the usual facilities like computer rm, tv rm, music rm, hall, etc... got sch bus, school trips, etc. Uniform red colour, quite cute. Every morning sing national anthem!

Can't comment much on curriculum cos my ds 2 already in p2 now. Teachers were nice then. Dunno about now. Feedback quite detailed. Report book also so cute. 1 long checklist and the teachers tick what the kids can do or are still learning to do. 1 year 1 report book! They do prepare the kids for p1. As for how well, it depends on the kid i supposed. Ds 1 P6 this year no tuition at all, p1 also no tuition. Ds 2 need English and Chinese tuition since p1. So... same school, two kids... different results. Both now in SAP sch.

Dd3 however will not be going to TRBK. She will go to Ascension Kindy for N1 next year. Nearer to my house now as we shifted.

meiah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Thomson road baptist kindergarten

Postby Enmum » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:00 am

DESTINED wrote::D HI, anyone heard of thomson road baptist kindergarten? planning to register my child with them for next year but havent decided yet. hope to get some feedback on the school and their teachers.. cheers :idea:

My girl graduated from the school last year and now in P1. My personal feedback- Nice environment with good and dedicated teachers. Both academic and physical activities sessions are well balanced. Many outings and festive seasons planned througout the year and my girl enjoyed her preschool very much. The only thing I felt was K2 syllabus was a bit too difficult at the end of the year.. perhaps they were just getting ready the kids for the formal schooling in P1. Now my girl in P1, found that her P1 is so much more easier than K2... so don't push your kids too hard if they find it hard to complete their K2 homework. Other than that, teachers very caring specially wish to highlight K1 Ms Lim (with very long tied up hair-with naturally loving-heart for kids) and Rao Lao Shi (Chinese teacher), all the kids love them! Last but not least the forever nice and understanding Mrs Lim, administrator who is very supportive and patient to all parents. Thank you TRBK for giving my girl a happy preschool life! Hope this helps for parents looking for a preschool in Toa Payoh, Newton, Novena area.

Enmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby nissin » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:11 pm

Anyone with kids in this kindy? Hope to receive more feedback as thinking to enrol my younger boy there..

nissin
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby smurf » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:15 am

May I know if the English standard is high? Thanks!

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby nissin » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Any parents out there to share more on this kindy?

nissin
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Thomson road baptist kindergarten

Postby phtthp » Tue May 24, 2011 8:45 pm

hi, appreciate if any parent with kids studying in this kindy can let me know the following:-

a) what is the maximum class size for K1, K2 ?

how many teachers per class ? is it 1 or 2 form tr ?

if 2 tr, are they permanently fixed to each class, or 'float' around from class to class ?

b) what phonics system does the school use ?

c) does the school welcome kids with speech delay issue, or mild autistic kids ?

d) is there anything unique about this school ?

Thank you very much!

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Kindergartens