Marymount Kindergarten

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Marymount Kindergarten

Postby redrose » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:45 pm

Hi .

Anyone has info/comments about Marymount kindergarten. Pls share. Thanks.

redrose
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Blackdas » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:16 am

Hi, does anyone have any info/feedback on Marymount Kindergarten? I had just registered my son for PN class starting jan 2009. Would like to know what i can look out for and if there is anything i should prepare him for. Did anyone attend the orientation? Please share. Maybe, Chief Kiasu, can you share what would be taught for a 3yr old in a Pre-Nursery? Thank You.

Blackdas
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby shine » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:37 am

Heard that children who came from Marymount Kndergarten had a very good foundation in English. That was years ago so I'm not sure whether it's still the same.

shine
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Blackdas » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:52 am

Tks SHine.

I still hope Marymount Kindergarten have a strong foundation in English. But I do wonder how their curriculum is now? Anyone elso with any more information?

Blackdas
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby redrose » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi Blackdas

My girl is attending there too am session. What about yours?Don't worry about their english . They are using jingle joy phonics.It is good. My main concern is safety. Did u see the pool there? I hope they block the pool when not in use.

redrose
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Chope » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:34 pm

Have been unsuccessfully trying to call their phone number (62515049) over the last week to enquire, but the number always seems to be engaged or it'll ring off! That in itself is pretty off-putting :?

What are the fees and Nursery class sessions like? Do they have a website? Cant seem to find one. Are they located next to Marymount Convent or IN the convent grounds itself, just next to Thomson Road?

Chope
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby smurf » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:51 pm

It's around $700/term. I can't remember. They are located next to MM convent. if you wish to register now, I think they are opening for registration in the next few weeks (if I can remember correctly).

If you drive, you have to turn left at the petrol kiosk, pls do not turn into the MM convent.

Morning class is 8.15-11.15am and afternoon 11.30-2.30pm.

HTHs.

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby blueroti » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi all

anyone has experience to share abt marymount? are the teachers good and caring? do they focus on chinese as well?

blueroti
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby BigDevil » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:49 pm

Calling for comments....

I'm considering sending DS there for K1 and K2. Would appreciate if anyone has any comments.

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby pixel » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:24 pm

My boys attend Marymount Kinder. And I must say that I am so glad that I've enrolled them there.

My priorities lie in the pastoral care of the children and the curriculum. After all, happy kids would love to go to school and it is rather obvious if the kids like it or not.

The boys love school. The teachers are warm and positive and they make learning fun for the kids. They have the opportunity to swim (or play in the splashing pool), go for computing classes, attend assemblies where bible stories are shared or songs are sung and then there's arts and crafts.

The K1 kids have homework that they have to complete over the weekend but, other than that, my boys think that school is a treat.

Speak to their principal, Miss Rose-Marie Ng, for a tour. She's a really lovely lady who never fails to greet you whenever she walks past you.

pixel
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Kindergartens