Nanyang Kindergarten

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Nanyang Kindergarten

Postby aidenquek » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:47 pm

Hi

I am hoping for my son born in Yr 2007 to get into Nanyang Kindergarten as it is near my home. I have already wait list him on the first day of Yr 2008 but I am concern that chances remain slim as it is a very popular kindergarten and also we are not related to the kindergarten in anyway (i.e. not ex-student).

Anybody has any experience to share on getting your child into Nanyang Kindergarten successfully through waitlist. Thank you.

aidenquek
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Nanyang Kindergarten

Postby cornucopia » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:20 am

U may want to put waitlist in other schools as well cos chances of getting into Nanyang is slim. Usually siblings fill up quickly.. Nanyang intake goes by phases :roll:

cornucopia
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Nanyang K

Postby Poonie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:29 am

aidenquek

One of my kids was from Nanyang K. During her time, we had to physically Q up (overnight) for a place. I believe those who did not get a place were probably placed on wait-list. After 1-2 semesters there were some withdrawals from my daughter's class. I also withdrew her after 1.5 yrs.

If you could share your reasons for giving Nanyang K priority, I would be able to share some first-hand insights which will help you to decide if you should give priority to this kindy.

Poonie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Nanyang K

Postby Poonie » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:32 am

Hi Clare

You may want to read posts under the headings 'Barker Road Kindergarten, Nanyang Kindergarten and St James Kindergarten'. The url link is here:

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... highlight=

You can read about what I and some otehr parents have commented about this kindy and others.

Poonie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Nanyang Kindergarten vs other kindergartens

Postby cornucopia » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:46 pm

U may wanna check around. Every school has their pros & cons..
U may also wanna chk out St James. A few of my frens put their children there & i would say all gave excellent reviews. Addition to that, fees r reasonable. In my opinion,it is definitely a more wholesome school! NYK gonna increase their fees to $1400 next yr 2009! Note: Before gst..

cornucopia
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby hquek » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:39 pm

my friend managed to get into NYK morning session - she has twins. her kids typically had problems adjusting to schools but in the case of NYK, they settled in very fast. Also, she liked the all chinese environment in NYK nursery class. Her kid got used to the chinese language and are doing very well (english speaking family). School fees increase yes, but I think she's very happy to pay that.

Also, they have a lot of enrichment classes - something other schools may not offer and the classes begin immediately after the morning class. I know some other schools only start enrichment after the afternoon session is over (ie the morning class kids got a few hours to spare before their enrichment starts).

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

BRMCK or Nanyang Kindergarden

Postby JHJC » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:57 pm

My girl has been in BRMCK for 2 years. Today i got a call from Nanyang Kindergarden to said that i have finally got a slot next year for their K1 program. (i was in the wait list since 2004!)
Any comment from all of you here on Nanyang Kinder please... wonder if its worth the switch? i need to get back tomorrow.Thanks.

JHJC
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

nanyang kindergarten

Postby liliansim » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:23 pm

my child is there since pre-nursery
i must say the 1st 2 years were good - total Chinese immersion
K1 & K2 - very average or below average
i didnt withdraw 'cause i felt that it would be too disruptive

if you are the "diligent" type, you can transfer at k1 to other kindys - eg, barker road and st james which i heard is fabulous

i personally had an opportunity to meet & chat with the sch principal at a social function
she really spoke like a principal - impressed with how she spoke and explained the curriculum to me

nanyang has problems with staff (i feel)

liliansim
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: nanyang kindergarten

Postby titank » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:10 am

liliansim wrote:my child is there since pre-nursery
i must say the 1st 2 years were good - total Chinese immersion
K1 & K2 - very average or below average
i didnt withdraw 'cause i felt that it would be too disruptive

if you are the "diligent" type, you can transfer at k1 to other kindys - eg, barker road and st james which i heard is fabulous

i personally had an opportunity to meet & chat with the sch principal at a social function
she really spoke like a principal - impressed with how she spoke and explained the curriculum to me

nanyang has problems with staff (i feel)

If enter Nanyang Kindergarten get have priority in P1 registration? Are they being affiliated?

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: nanyang kindergarten

Postby jedamum » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:25 am

titank wrote:If enter Nanyang Kindergarten get have priority in P1 registration?

No.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Kindergartens