NAFA Arts Kindergarten

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

NAFA Arts Kindergarten

Postby Belle » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:33 am

Hi, has any of the parents sent their children to this kindergarten? Would appreciate some feedback from you gals.

Belle
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Nafa Arts Kindergarten

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:07 am

Belle wrote:Hi, has any of the parents sent their children to this kindergarten? Would appreciate some feedback from you gals.

This kindergarten is next to impossible to get into unless you plan years ahead. It's pretty much one of the hottest, if not the hottest, in Singapore. Main reason is their focus on artistic and physical enrichment, at a very good price point. You can probably get similar services at other pre-schools, but the treatment may not be as wholistic or will cost much more. Check it out here.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Belle » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:32 pm

Thanks, ChiefKiasu. Yah, I've heard. But does hottest mean good?

How about the academic part of it? Are the teachers good and experience? Is the environment more chinese pro? I wonder?

Belle
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby fo12eal » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi

I'm checking out on some Kindergartens too.
Would appreciate if someone can answer my doubts.

Different Kindergarten teaches different things?
What are the subjects/things they teach these days?
Does all the Kindergarten teach Art and Craft like NAFA? And if they do, should NAFA's teaching on Art n Craft be stronger? Or rather different Kindergarten has their stong 'subject'?

Many thanks.

fo12eal
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:01 pm

fo12eal wrote:...Does all the Kindergarten teach Art and Craft like NAFA? And if they do, should NAFA's teaching on Art n Craft be stronger? Or rather different Kindergarten has their stong 'subject'?

Many thanks.

I guess it's kind of like, if you want to learn kung fu well, would you go to Planet Fitness, or go to Shaolin temple?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby fo12eal » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:11 pm

ha thats a good one... ok ok...

fo12eal
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

NAFA

Postby wonglady » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:06 am

My daughter is enjoying herself over at this Kindergarten...her class teachers are excellent...very friendly and my girl just adore them... can't say for the other teachers as they have their own class. the whole enironemnt is relaxed, joyful and the Principal actually meet up with parents very opften... very on the ground..

what's important, my girl just love going to school....heard long wait list... :D

wonglady
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Is this a good kindergarten?

Postby lctang » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:43 pm

Hi all mums

Can anyone give me some feedback on this kindergarten? Good or bad doesn't matter?

Thanks

lctang
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby lifestylelink » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:25 pm

Hey, I must be super kiasu to pop this question. How early is early? Should I put my son on waiting list now, he is 6.5months old. It looks impressive and I am in principal very keen on this school because my son went completely stunned at the hear of music.

I bought him a new VCD 3 days ago, suitable for infant to 6 years, it features children sings and dance. After watching it twice, he is already dancing the footstep (with support) he saw on the VCD, and he can barely crawl!!! :shock: And not to mention, babies should be barred from TV in the first place.

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

NAFA Arts Kindergarten

Postby clare » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:34 am

Hi all. Just wanted to add a little bit more to this thread.
My oldest was at the NAFA kindergarten for a little while before we returned to the U.S. (we go to and fro from Singapore due to hubby's job). He thoroughly enjoyed it; art & music twice a week and dance once a week agreed with him. However, NAFA is not as academic as, say, PCF, because of its intentional focus on the arts. So, if you're a super kiasu parent, you may be disappointed about your kid(s)' ability to learn to read, write, spell etc, IF you leave it entirely up to the school to teach these skills. I'm very lax about academic stuff so it didn't bother me too much.
Caveat: my son only attended up to mid-year of K1 so i can't comment on the K2 syllabus. Perhaps K2 will be more intense to prep for P1...

Also, for music, bear in mind that the teacher will have to manage a class of 15-20 kids, so progress is very much dictated by how well/fast each kid learns. My child is fairly fast at learning, but I know he'd have benefited more from private lessons.
I do hear of parents saying that they expected their kids to have learnt more. Personally I think that's crap - how well can a 4/5 yo play after three months of lessons, even if they're taught by NAFA teachers?
Btw, the teachers are great, no complains there. They are extremely competent in my experience. But they can't turn the kids into music prodigies!

clare

clare
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Kindergartens