Ascension Kindergarten

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Ascension Kindergarten

Postby meiah » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Ah, today my gal started first day in N1. So far seems so good.

Parents-in-law sent her there and dumped her in the classroom! Then they left. Before leaving, they said the school was very quiet! No crying! An auntie told my mil that nowadays kids very smart. Go school won't cry one! :celebrate:

Teacher wrote her name on her bag cos everyone else carries the same bag! :stupid: Anyway, whatever papers I left in the bag were gone when she came home. In the bag were some other stuff they put in.

For the rest of the day, I had no idea what she did but I guess she probably survived well. She had lunch there. She said it was good. But then again, to her, food is good!

I drove to the school and waited at the carpark. Spying. Saw the kids boarding the buses one by one. Saw her finally. Holding the teacher's hand quietly at the front of the bus line. Behaving like a good girl. :love: Then she boarded the bus. Actually I was very worried that she won't board the bus or board the wrong bus. First time. So sad, so small need to take school bus.

When the bus reached my home, she appeared calm and happy. So I think bus trip should be ok too. But the trip was a little too long. 45 mins. Bus auntie said first few days not accurate, usually about half hour!

Reached home, saw her nametag. So cute. Hard plastic and a small laminated bus tag stuck to the bottom. I supposed it's for the one shot can see if kid takes bus, car or others!

So, so far generally smooth but tomorrow must bring 2 boxes of tissue to school. Standard stuff I supposed. The last time my 2 ds attended another kindy, also the same. :D Dunno what she will learn there but if she's happy, good enough I think! At least for now.

If any mummies know more about their curriculum, please share too. For now, I only know she going to have kindermusic soon. Must pay type. But I think nowadays everywhere also must pay for within curriculum "enrichment". When I wanted to apply for PCF last year, they also asked me which enrichment I would like my kid to have. Sigh.. :cry:

meiah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Ascension Kindergarten

Postby faithgurl » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:22 pm

meiah wrote:Ah, today my gal started first day in N1. So far seems so good.

Parents-in-law sent her there and dumped her in the classroom! Then they left. Before leaving, they said the school was very quiet! No crying! An auntie told my mil that nowadays kids very smart. Go school won't cry one! :celebrate:

Teacher wrote her name on her bag cos everyone else carries the same bag! :stupid: Anyway, whatever papers I left in the bag were gone when she came home. In the bag were some other stuff they put in.

For the rest of the day, I had no idea what she did but I guess she probably survived well. She had lunch there. She said it was good. But then again, to her, food is good!

I drove to the school and waited at the carpark. Spying. Saw the kids boarding the buses one by one. Saw her finally. Holding the teacher's hand quietly at the front of the bus line. Behaving like a good girl. :love: Then she boarded the bus. Actually I was very worried that she won't board the bus or board the wrong bus. First time. So sad, so small need to take school bus.

When the bus reached my home, she appeared calm and happy. So I think bus trip should be ok too. But the trip was a little too long. 45 mins. Bus auntie said first few days not accurate, usually about half hour!

Reached home, saw her nametag. So cute. Hard plastic and a small laminated bus tag stuck to the bottom. I supposed it's for the one shot can see if kid takes bus, car or others!

So, so far generally smooth but tomorrow must bring 2 boxes of tissue to school. Standard stuff I supposed. The last time my 2 ds attended another kindy, also the same. :D Dunno what she will learn there but if she's happy, good enough I think! At least for now.

If any mummies know more about their curriculum, please share too. For now, I only know she going to have kindermusic soon. Must pay type. But I think nowadays everywhere also must pay for within curriculum "enrichment". When I wanted to apply for PCF last year, they also asked me which enrichment I would like my kid to have. Sigh.. :cry:

Hi meiah,

How do u find the school so far? Do u mind sharing with me whether r u a Christian? Cos in fact, I'm a buddhism so was still hesitating whether to send my girl to this school. Hope u can give me some advises. Thanks!

faithgurl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby meiah » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi faithgurl,

Actually I have no idea how's the school so far. She brought back an artwork recently. 1 brown patch of paint on a big piece of paper! She had some variety of food for lunch and according to her, she went to the kiddy toilets today.

But from what I can see, she's upset that she could not go to school on Sunday. And she was cranky. She was distracted on Saturday because she went for ballet class so she did not mention sch. She cried when she could not put on her uniform. She wanted to board the school bus. She rushed to dress up this morning and was impatient to get to the sch bus. She "greeted" everybody on the bus and obediently let the bus auntie put on the seat belt for her. It seems she like the bus trips. Today is her 5th day in sch. Asked her if she will go tmr, she said yes. When she came home, she appeared cheerful and was singing a song under her breathe.

Is she happy going to sch? Yes, from her perspective. From my side, I can only look at her to give my opinion. I spoke to the sch vp last year. According to her, they have 90 kids in N1, 45 in each session, 6 classes in total. When I registered my dd, she was the 88 or 89 or somewhere there. PM session is from 11.30am to 2.45pm. The sch gives the impression that they are focused in holistic development. Academic-wise, I don't know cos I didn't ask, although it seems that some parents find it lacking. Didn't want to know also because probably will get standard answer. Anyway, P1 and P2 going the "fun" way and with the removal of exams, not sure if stressing at K2 will be of any use. Probably will cultivate reading habit at home.

I am. But only me. The rest of my family is not. My dh's parents observe some buddhist rites. From my experience at another church kindy, My 2 ds attended there. I supposed they were encouraged to participate during prayer and stuff but I think the sch did not enforce strictly. My dss did not seem bothered at all. During annual concerts, they got some prayer at the beginning and mostly the parents just kept quiet until it ended. If you ask if my 2 ds brought home any christian teachings and stuck to them, then no. Occasionally they sang a few songs but nothing more. How Ascension works, I don't know but I doubt it'll be very different. Maybe you would like to give Ascension a call.
:celebrate:

meiah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby faithgurl » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:16 pm

meiah wrote:Hi faithgurl,

Actually I have no idea how's the school so far. She brought back an artwork recently. 1 brown patch of paint on a big piece of paper! She had some variety of food for lunch and according to her, she went to the kiddy toilets today.

But from what I can see, she's upset that she could not go to school on Sunday. And she was cranky. She was distracted on Saturday because she went for ballet class so she did not mention sch. She cried when she could not put on her uniform. She wanted to board the school bus. She rushed to dress up this morning and was impatient to get to the sch bus. She "greeted" everybody on the bus and obediently let the bus auntie put on the seat belt for her. It seems she like the bus trips. Today is her 5th day in sch. Asked her if she will go tmr, she said yes. When she came home, she appeared cheerful and was singing a song under her breathe.

Is she happy going to sch? Yes, from her perspective. From my side, I can only look at her to give my opinion. I spoke to the sch vp last year. According to her, they have 90 kids in N1, 45 in each session, 6 classes in total. When I registered my dd, she was the 88 or 89 or somewhere there. PM session is from 11.30am to 2.45pm. The sch gives the impression that they are focused in holistic development. Academic-wise, I don't know cos I didn't ask, although it seems that some parents find it lacking. Didn't want to know also because probably will get standard answer. Anyway, P1 and P2 going the "fun" way and with the removal of exams, not sure if stressing at K2 will be of any use. Probably will cultivate reading habit at home.

I am. But only me. The rest of my family is not. My dh's parents observe some buddhist rites. From my experience at another church kindy, My 2 ds attended there. I supposed they were encouraged to participate during prayer and stuff but I think the sch did not enforce strictly. My dss did not seem bothered at all. During annual concerts, they got some prayer at the beginning and mostly the parents just kept quiet until it ended. If you ask if my 2 ds brought home any christian teachings and stuck to them, then no. Occasionally they sang a few songs but nothing more. How Ascension works, I don't know but I doubt it'll be very different. Maybe you would like to give Ascension a call.
:celebrate:

Hi meiah,

Thks so much for yr feedback and glad to know that yr girl is happy in school. I think I will have to pop by to have a clearer pic of the school. Thks ya!

To other mummies & daddies out there,

If u hv any feedback on Ascension, pls share it with us here. Thks!

faithgurl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Jojobar » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:02 pm

meiah wrote:Ah, today my gal started first day in N1. So far seems so good.

Hi Meiah,

Thank you for sharing. My son is also attending Ascension Kindy and started only on 21st (friday). He suppose to start on 18th Jan but was sick so we keep him at home.
My mum went into the class with him on the first day and she mentioned that the porridge provided was very little. In addition, they provide two slide of biscuit. My mum sit in the class with hom for the first day and he is well behave. However, it seems that my son is extremely hungry after class. Every time we ask him what did he eat at school, he would only reply biscuit.. So i gotten a bit worry. I think i will call up the school and find out more.

On the contrary, my mum told me lots of kids are crying in my son class. In fact there was a girl crying from the beginning till the end (3 hours!) and the teachers are carrying one each ... (she was in the class when my son on the first day.) So far, i have not hear anything assuring from my mum on the school. Hence i will have to evaluate more and assess my son progress. Today, he actually told my mum he does not want to go to school :(

Jojobar
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby lailai » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:04 am

Any feedback on Ascension this year?

lailai
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Kindergartens