St Paul's Church Kindergarden

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

St Paul's Church Kindergarden

Postby joycemyl » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi! Everyone

Does anyone have children who are currently in St Paul's Church Kindergarden?

joycemyl
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

St Paul Church Kindergarten

Postby angelnyy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Original Title: After School Care

Hi,

My elder son at age of 5 this year currently is attending K1 level at St Paul Church Kindergarten for 3 hour session from Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays. I think it's not enough and I am exploring if After School Care centre will be feasible for him as I hope he can get to learn and explore more things.

Any opinion?

angelnyy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby nettie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:50 pm

I heard that St Paul Church prepare them very well for P1 le. There is not a need to send after school care. Unless you want them to attend enrichment classess.

nettie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby schellen » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:33 pm

As far as I know, Before and After School Care centres are only for kids in primary school already. Unless you are referring to sending your kid to a CCC after his kindy hours?

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby angelnyy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:19 am

Thanks for the reply. Reason why i asked for after school care is my current care taker is overloaded and not able to handle him and I am a full time working mother who may only have Saturday or Sunday to be with him.

I ever explore him on enrichment classes aside from attending weekdays school. However, I am not sure what to start with for him at his level. There are lots of enrichment or activities that can be considered but which one should start with? Listed below is the activities that i gathered after noticing his behaviour lately. Appreciate for any advice.

1. Art (he shows likings in this area)
2. Music (ever sent him attending Yamaha Little Notes but he shown no interest but lately he asked me for sending for guitar but i think it's too young for him to start as you know children favourism changes every day)
3. Swimming (good for training as he will be serving army in future)
4. Abacus (for maths foundation)
5. Phonics (his attention spent very short and he will lose interest after a while)

angelnyy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Charmaine_chong » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi angelnyy,

Does he learn phonics in St Paul Church Kindergarten? If yes, i think you can leave it to the school with revision at home.

Have you started him with reading? Can he read simple sentences?

Let me know if you are keen to teach him phonics at home. you just need to spend 15-20 minutes a day. I can send you free downloadable phonics website.

I would say we need to prepare our kids reasonably well in languages eg: chinese & english. Can enrol him for swimming and arts class too.

Actually we can do crafty works at home. There are art books available in popular. Can just buy and do it at home. This is what i do with my 4yo son.

For me, i have started my 4yo reading beginning this year. He reads a page daily + phonics. We do math, crafty works and some other right brain stuff at home. He attends only for english and chinese class.

I will send him for swimming end of the year or next year.

Charmaine_chong
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby angelnyy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:43 am

Hi Charmaine, thank you for the piece of advice. Reply as below. Appreciate your advice.

Does he learn phonics in St Paul Church Kindergarten? If yes, i think you can leave it to the school with revision at home.
Ans : Yes, he does.

Have you started him with reading? Can he read simple sentences?
Ans : Apparently no. Usually we read and he listens during bedtime stories reading time but this is good practice and I have started it today. Thanks.

Let me know if you are keen to teach him phonics at home. you just need to spend 15-20 minutes a day. I can send you free downloadable phonics website.
Ans : Yes, I am very keen. There are a lot of resources from website instead of buying assessment from bookstore.

I would say we need to prepare our kids reasonably well in languages eg: chinese & english. Can enrol him for swimming and arts class too.
Ans : Swimming will be my top priority as this will boost up his immune system. Apparently, we ony bring him once per 6 months in average and I think this is too less frequent?

Actually we can do crafty works at home. There are art books available in popular. Can just buy and do it at home. This is what i do with my 4yo son.

For me, i have started my 4yo reading beginning this year. He reads a page daily + phonics. We do math, crafty works and some other right brain stuff at home. He attends only for english and chinese class.
Ans : Interesting! Right brain stuff?

I will send him for swimming end of the year or next year.
Ans : are you exploring one to one or group teaching from the instrutor?

angelnyy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Leia vader » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:20 am

hi angelnyy

i am also exploring the idea of sending my k2 to after school care.

any update or recommendation would be appreciated.

cheers

Leia vader
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

How about 3years old?

Postby wan2bdad » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:17 am

Suitable to go art lesson? I want my kid to be creative : )
same line as daddy...

wan2bdad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: St Paul Church Kindergarten

Postby tan_zenn » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:15 pm

angelnyy wrote:Original Title: After School Care

Hi,

My elder son at age of 5 this year currently is attending K1 level at St Paul Church Kindergarten for 3 hour session from Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays. I think it's not enough and I am exploring if After School Care centre will be feasible for him as I hope he can get to learn and explore more things.

Any opinion?

Hello angelnyy,

Can you give some feedback about k2 in St Paul Church Kindergarten?
How is the school work? Any homework?
What had they learn so far?

What is good and no good about this kindergarten?

I thought of signing my boy to this kindergarten next year...
Thanks for feedback.

Thanks,
Zenn
tan_zenn@yahoo.com.sg

tan_zenn
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Kindergartens