Bukit Panjang Methodist Church Kindergarten

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Bukit Panjang Methodist Church Kindergarten

Postby Mum1113 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Hi mummies/daddies out there

I have tried asking under another thread, guess that thread has 'died' and no response. Let me try asking here.
Very specifically for this kindergarten, any mummies/daddies/guardians know/heard and can share any feedback on ?
Very interested to find out from you pple here,
Many thanks in advance :love:

Mum1113
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby huaywenandkenneth » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:46 am

I'm not sure if the reply is too late for you - my eldest boy graduated from BPMC kindergarten last year (he is in P1 now), and my second boy is in their Pre-Nursery class currently. I will also send my youngest daughter when she is old enough to attend classes.

I chose the kindergarten because it is within walking distance to my house, and also of the Christian affiliation (I'm not from BMPC, by the way). I would like my children to be brought up with strong Christian values, which the kindergarten is able to do.

The principal and teachers have been very kind and accommodating, and truly care and show love for the children under their charge. Everyone is given an opportunity to participate and shine in their various ways. My 2 boys are very different in their outlook and abilities, and the teachers have been able to cater to their needs and work with us.

huaywenandkenneth
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Mum1113 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:00 am

huaywenandkenneth wrote:I'm not sure if the reply is too late for you - my eldest boy graduated from BPMC kindergarten last year (he is in P1 now), and my second boy is in their Pre-Nursery class currently. I will also send my youngest daughter when she is old enough to attend classes.

I chose the kindergarten because it is within walking distance to my house, and also of the Christian affiliation (I'm not from BMPC, by the way). I would like my children to be brought up with strong Christian values, which the kindergarten is able to do.

The principal and teachers have been very kind and accommodating, and truly care and show love for the children under their charge. Everyone is given an opportunity to participate and shine in their various ways. My 2 boys are very different in their outlook and abilities, and the teachers have been able to cater to their needs and work with us.

PM for you :)

Mum1113
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sparks88 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:53 pm

My child has been with them for 1 term now. I think he is doing fine. He has become more polite since he started lessons. He will say things like "thank you; thank you so much; you're welcome". Definitely, he must have imitated what the teachers said to him. My son is like a "free-ranger" & likes to roam about. Since starting school, he has become a little more disciplined. e.g. he knows he is supposed to sit down when it is story time, etc. Overall, so far so good.

Sometimes I am a little worried. This is because whenever I ask him if he wants to go to school, he always reply that he wants to stay at home! Anyway, he is still so young & will probably need another 6 months for him to declare "I wanna go to school & not stay at home!!"

Sparks88
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Mum1113 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Sparks88 wrote:My child has been with them for 1 term now. I think he is doing fine. He has become more polite since he started lessons. He will say things like "thank you; thank you so much; you're welcome". Definitely, he must have imitated what the teachers said to him. My son is like a "free-ranger" & likes to roam about. Since starting school, he has become a little more disciplined. e.g. he knows he is supposed to sit down when it is story time, etc. Overall, so far so good.

Sometimes I am a little worried. This is because whenever I ask him if he wants to go to school, he always reply that he wants to stay at home! Anyway, he is still so young & will probably need another 6 months for him to declare "I wanna go to school & not stay at home!!"

How old is your kid ? Sounds like they have their system of making sure kids listen well, follow through, and apply it in their daily lives activities. That is good and impressive. Have enrolled mine to join their K1 next year, cant' wait to start any time sooner :wink:
Nice to hear from you, and thanks for the sharing :love:

Mum1113
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Bukit Panjang Methodist Church Kindergarten

Postby Sparks88 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:39 pm

my son is in the pre-nursery class, so he is really new to school. :D

Sparks88
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby cool_hi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi, parents, any more recent updates or comments on this kindy?
considering Bukit Pajang Methodist church kindergarteb & Glory..
any comments on both??
thanks in advance!!

cool_hi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Sparks88 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:11 am

My son is happy to have the same form teacher follow him from pre-nursery into nursery. At the end of each term, the worksheets (Math, Chinese, Art & Craft & English) would be brought home. I have no point of reference/comparison on the curriculum, etc. So far, he is learning "strokes of chinese characters" & alphabets with rhymes using the Sunshine books series.

If I have any queries, the teachers/principal are quite responsive either via phone calls or emails. I am rather meticulous & "administrative" person, hence I find their administration/logistics a bit appalling. For e.g. I paid for the new uniforms in Sep/Oct , but up to the last wk of Dec, I haven't heard from the school regarding the uniforms.

Sparks88
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ammonite » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:38 am

I don't like it for many reasons. It is perhaps suitable for parents who want their kids to be trained to sit down quietly with a lot of seat work involved or to be academically prepared for p1 in the old fashioned way. But it is not the place if you want your child to learn to speak out confidently, or if you envisage your child learning through interactive activities and crafts.

Yes their administration is rather messy, though I must say the admin lady and principal are very kindly. I think they are a little outdated in their approach and are too nice to remove staff who are not as qualified as they should be by today's standards. The student-teacher ratio is quite big - one teacher to an entire class of 20 or more, but they do seem to have trained the kids to sit and work quietly. Personally I find it a bit abnormal and worrying to see the kids so quiet. I think children with special needs or learning issues should not go there.

Jm2c

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Ammonite,
Sorry about your bad experience with the school.
Your experience reflect some of my feelings during initial months at the school where I was feed backed numerous times of son 's behaviour. The what I considered qualified teacher is subjective. She who knows how to handle my kid gets
my vote and it is an irony that the teacher whom I

tsked earlier on how she handed other came round to make the most impact in my boy's life positively by her encouragement towards both him and me .
And the teacher who madethe most complaints even resulting in my boy didn't want to attend school came round to be one who instill discipline in him.
To those interested to know, this school has mini mid year concert held in their school to show case kids work plus ashort performance. They introduce basic key board theory in k1 during music lessons and kids learn simple tunes on toy keyboard during k2.

To be frank, our initial impression was not good, even to the extent of :yikes: when the principal shared about their discipline policy.So I guess this school may not be suitable for every one but is one of the best decision we made when we hear our boy saying his dislike weekends as there was no school.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Kindergartens