Bethesda Kindergarten

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Bethesda Kindergarten

Postby jasminey » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi....

any 1 whose kids is in BCK??? :wink:

jasminey
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby leluxe » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:40 am

I graduated from there! :lol:
Can't comment cos it has been so long.

leluxe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Bethesda AMK Kindertargen

Postby anastasia » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi,

I have shortlisted Bethesda AMK Kindergarten as one of the schools for my son who starts N2 next year. Does anyone have feedback to share about their nursery & kindergarten curriculum, teachers and environment?

anastasia
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Bethesda Katong Kindergarten

Postby wyou » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:12 am

Original Title: Newton Kindergarten vs BRMCK vs Bethesda katong kindergarten

Hi there!

Am so lost after visiting these kindergartens.

Any review will be much appreciated. Tks!

wyou
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby YingYing » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi wyou
I guess a lot depends on where u stay ? cos Bethesda Katong & Newton & BRMCK are all different locations... i guess Newton & BRMCK can be considered "nearby" since they are around newton / novena area / bukit timah area (near by driving distance) but Bethesda Katong is in Frankel Estate (East coast) area.

If you stay in newton, novena, bukit timah, then i think you should go with Newton or BRMCK so as to spare your child the time & journey :) But if you stay in the east, then i will fully recommend Bethesda Katong.

Just to share,
I stay in the East. My son recently started nursery with Bethesda Katong Kindergarten & I must say I am very glad I made the right choice. The principal is extremely dedicated which is very important. My philosophy is that a dedicated Principal leads by example. And the teachers will be driven & committed as well .... and true enough, i have seen the teachers being really passionate about their job. And what's the best thing to come out of this? My son tells me he loves school and almost everyday he comes home telling me things he learn in school ... and he even asked me on weekend mornings "why there isn't school today" - no joke & no exaggeration here really.

Prior to Bethesda, my son was in half-day childcare all the way til 31 December last year ... and throughout his CC days, he was very unwilling to go to school most days, throwing tantrums almost every other morning. Altho sometimes, he would be fine once he reaches the CC (other times crying), he tells me nothing about the CC when he reaches home. And, when i ask him "how was school (CC) today" , he would always reply "i don't like school"...this went on even til the last day of CC, 31 Dec 2009.

So much so that I was "prepared" to expect the same lukewarm response from him when he started Bethesda this year so i didn't bother asking him "how was school"... But, Imagine my surprise when he told me voluntarily that he loves school towards the end of 2nd week.... and he makes it clear to me that he loves "new school...not old school" ....so these days, i no longer avoid asking him "how was school" ...in fact, i njoy asking him "how was school" everyday... and it is a real joy hearing his positive replies; complete with what he has learnt in school that day.. he will rattle on "Ms Xxx taught me this..Ms Xxx taught me that" & went on singing "gong xi fa cai " song to me! And indeed, he seems to have learnt a lot in the mere 1 month he spent in Bethesda.

He cried on 1st 2 days of school but that is understandable cos it is a brand-new environment for him plus there were many crying kids after the long yearend break. He stopped crying after 3rd day. By second week, i didn't even have to walk him into the school compound, the teachers will assist by picking him up from my car outside the main gate & walk him into the school :)

I am beginning to sound like a walking commercial for them... hahaha... so i think i will stop here. I hope the above information is of use to you. If you need to know anything further, do PM me. I only have good things to say about Bethesda though :)

YingYing
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby wyou » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:09 am

hi ying ying,

tks a lot for the useful feedback on Bethesda katong kindy.

u r right that the principal is really helpful n friendly. my concern during the visit was : the children looked bored in class n the lesson sounded quite dull/dry. how is the teacher's quality? soft spoken during lesson?

wondering if u have any comments on this? tks again. :)

wyou
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby YingYing » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi wyou
I am surprised to hear of this, really.

I actually sat in the class with my boy for 1st week of school & I am quite impressed with the way they handled the crying kids at the start of the school year by cajoling & carrying them (not shouting)... while at the same time, conduct lessons. I don't find the lessons boring. In fact, i find it good. For example, they introduce alphabet A - they don't just teach A for apple ... they introduce 5 other words starting w A (if i remember correctly Arrow, Aeroplane, Apple .. can't rem the other A words they introduce).

And during lesson time, they split into groups ... one group will do "free-play at kitchen corner" , another will do colouring with the teacher .. .another group will play table-top activities that focuses on building their fine motor skills eg string the cubes together (ie poke the string into the hole of a cube and string the cubes together, stacking blocks..etc) These groups will then "swop activities" ... hmm..a bit like "turn-taking" such that all the children will go through all the activities.

And they have outdoor play & water play for gross motor skill development... i can't comment on other activities as i only sat in for 1st week & 1st 2 days of second week, i peeped in ...

Indeed , my son's form teacher is gentle & soft-spoken but audible enough for the kids during lesson time (my son loves her!). The assistant teacher is slightly louder but no , they don't shout at the children, although sometimes they do speak in loud tones esp during outdoor play, during assembly & after school ... no choice, with so many kids around, if you don't speak louder, the kids can't hear them.

This kindergarten is pretty established. They have enjoyed high enrolment over the years & to be honest, when i registered my child, i wasn't 100% sure cos altho i like the school environment & principal then, i do not know the teachers well enough & have not formally sat in in any of the class (like yourself, just a brief walk-thru' only)... but at that time, i had people highly recommending this kindy to me, & i told myself so many parents can't be wrong & how do we justify the high enrolment (with long waitlist) if this kindy is not good... and i know of parents who were formal students & sending their kids back to this same kindergarten :)

But of course, you have to be really comfortable w the school to enroll your child.. If you don't feel comfortable, then perhaps u shouldn't proceed. Because ultimately to each his own, what is good for me might not be good enough for u, since everyone of us have different expectations & standard. And i do understand how frustrating it can be choosing the right school for your child :)

Maybe other parents will have otherwise to say about the school but for me, it has been very good so far... and i hope it will remain this way, if not better! hahaha.

Hope the above is useful for you :)

YingYing
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby wyou » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:08 am

hi yingying,

thank you for taking time to share those in-sight info. really appreciate it. :) i'm glad to hear that the teachers r good. i oso realized that the children r split into groups...(since u mentioned that)...which i like. :)
btw, may i know what is the ratio for teachers n children in a class? think i forgot to ask them.

wyou
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Car Pooling - Meyer/Tjg Rhu

Postby mummykanga » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:54 am

Hi - I'm wondering if there are any parents staying in the above area with kids in the first session who are keen on forming a car pool. It would be great if we could share the task of ferrying our kids to and from school. Taking the school bus is not a viable alternative as the journey's just too long. Drop me a note directly pls if you're interested.
Thanks.

mummykanga
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Bethesda (Pasir-Ris) Kindergarten

Postby yeomaylin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:14 pm

Anybody has any experience in Bethesda (Pasir-Ris) Kindergarten to share? Am thinking to enroll my son to the school for K1. Pls share. Tks!

yeomaylin
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Kindergartens