Calvary Pandan Kindergarten

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Calvary Pandan Kindergarten Vs Galilee kindergarten

Postby 2 prince » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi,really need some help here.

I intend to enrol my son to 1 of this school next yr but in dilemma.I went there to see the environment & prefer the CPK but the transport is far too x for me which cost me $120(To & Fro).Galilee transport only cost me $90To & Fro).
Will you register for a better environment,x transport or average environment,cheaper transport.

2 prince
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Yvonne Chong » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi,

From my view, the environment will be much more important than expensive ($$). If the environment is not good, it may affect the kid emotional. In the end, the kid may not want/like to go to kindergarden. This had happened on my niece. She cried everytime when she went to her previous kindergarden. After her mother changed the Kindergarden for her, she had stop crying.

Yvonne Chong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Bowie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi 2 prince,

Was in same dilemma last year end. Cos planning to send my 2 yr old gal to either school this year.

At the end I chosen Galilee.

Not sure what you look for in environment, but I chosen Galilee partly because its non air con but have very good ventilation. Kids have a big place for their activity and I observed there are less classes too.(i.e less pple, less crowded)

Last year HFMD record for Galilee is lower with only 1 case while Calvary's principal did not give me the number except saying there are a few cases but they manage to control it.

My gal is with the school for a term now. (3 months) and I can see she has progress well. they teacher are very caring and experience. And the principal is very good with children.

Here's my small contribution for your consideration. I have posted similar qn last yr in the thread on preschool in the clementi ..... forgot which thread. there are some conversation with strawberry milk who send her kid to Galilee too. Maybe you can find it... :D

Bowie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 2 prince » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:12 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your contribution.Im on waiting list for Galilee,do not know how long do i have to wait. :cry:
Do you still send your child for xtra enrichnment courses?I heard that they have computer classes starting from K1 but is additional cost. :?

2 prince
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Bowie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi,

BTW how old is ur son? For Pre-N (2006) there is no enrichment class arrangement so not sure for older kids.

Bowie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 2 prince » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi,

My son is 4 yr old(2005),will be in K1 next yr.

2 prince
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby 2 prince » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:20 pm

Hi Bowie,
Is ur daughter taking a schoolbus?Heard tat we have to pay extra for the computer course too(frm K1 onwards).Does the school gives homework every week/school holidays?

2 prince
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Bowie » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:08 pm

Hi 2 prince,

My gal didn't take school bus. My father in law fetch her everyday. We think she is still too small.

For Pre N, she does not have any homework. The teacher use Rigby Reading Program. (Hope I got the speeling correct) whereby we (parents) have paid for a number of books. They will teach them in school and when they know how to read, they can bring back the book. :)

As for computer, I not so sure. :? So cannot help u.

Bowie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Calvary

Postby Fangfang » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi all,
My son is studying in Calvary since Nursery and he will be attending P1 next year. Regards to the academic, I have compare my son's school work with my friend's son (same age but hers is studying in PCF/PAP). My friend's son already has spelling in K1 but my son only has spelling in K2 (Q2). I am alittle Kiasu and I have checked with his form teacher and his Chinese teacher. Both said they will be moving the children towards the P1 environment after 2nd Quarter of this year. Other than this, I am pretty okay with the rest. My son is introduced to computer when he was K1.

However, things done work out with my sister-inlaw. She has her 2 daughters studying there (eldest is K1 and youngest is Pre-N now). She has feedback to me that she also find that the academic is slower than other schools. Coloring and coloring.... worksheets bring back without much clear instruction what to do...... and etc. Her eldest is already K1 and she finds that she is not good in her Maths and English. She has to send her for extra lessons to have these improve. The worst is when her youngest girl has just adapted the school and after the March holiday, her form teacher left. She says the new form teacher was so lost when her girl cries and left her unattended ..... Lately she told me that the children restrooms are so dirty and her girl has UTI. She also said that her youngest girl class got child down with HFM not once but twice. Hence now her girl get sick pretty often. So her experience is not good and she also think of changing school for both, since my son will not be there next year.

She did went to Galilee. She find that the school is targetting more on playing / motor skill rather than studying.

For transportation, we are paying $45 each pax for 2 way (we are only few blocks away / 5 mins walking distance). However I have an unpleasant incident with the driver last year. My son took bus 4 to school and return home by bus 1. Apparently, my son was bullied in bus 4, not once but everyday. I don't wish to relate the matter anymore. However I felt that the bus driver and the accompained assistant in the bus should stop all this immediately. Do you know how I get to know this... not from my son is from my another boy who took the same bus. Me and my hubby got so mad and we trashed out with the driver the next day. She said she has told them to stop but they don't listen. Comeon dun give me this kind of crap!! This thing will not happen to bus 1 as the accompanied assistant is very strict. The next thing, me and my hubby went to the school and lodged a complaint to the principal and my son's form teacher. At the end of the day, the entire bus 4 students were told to stay back and listen to lectures. Warnings are given by the Principal. From then onwards, everything ceased! Now my son took bus 1 to and fro. This also gave my son a lesson, you should inform your parents when you are being bullied.

I think that's about all I can feedback.
Cheers

Fangfang
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby 2 prince » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi Fangfang,

Thanks for your feedback.Ibought my son to the school tis morning & my son told me that he likes the school but i hv not decide where to enroll him yet.

2 prince
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Kindergartens