Ecokidd (previously known as Q-dees)

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Ecokidd (previously known as Q-dees)

Postby NFN08 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Hello Mummies & Daddies,
Any of your children from the above school?

i'm thinking to enrol my girl who is in K1 to the branch in Yunnan.
I did go down for a visit on a Saturday. However, my girl dun seem to like the school that much (i dunno why).

I talked to Mrs Leong. Seems like she knows what she is doing (hehhehe...) as she keep emphasizing that the Kindder is in line with MOE's direction and its main purpose is getting the kids ready for P1.. (which i like).

However, i need more review from parents who have kids at that School.. anything that i need to know or secretly look out for? ehhehe ;)

In terms of fees, for K1 its $390 per mth (exc any materials/ books/ readers fees)..
Oh ya... i've enquire abt transport too... its $90-160 for 2 ways...

TIA :lol:

NFN08
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Ecokidd (previously known as Q-dees)

Postby kiasuchabo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:51 pm

I'm also interested to hear any reviews for this school?

Thks

kiasuchabo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kiasuchabo » Tue May 08, 2012 12:50 am

Anyone? :sweat:

kiasuchabo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby alng » Tue May 08, 2012 8:42 am

Hi,

My two children were from that school (Yunnan). DD1 graduated from Qdees in 2006 and DS2 graduated last year. In a nutshell, it is a good school and I would highly recommend it. Otherwise I would not have sent my DS2 there. :-)

The school has a few branches island wide. Beside kindy, they have childcare centres too. The schools and childcare centres are managed by a husband and wife team.

When I chose a kindy, I was not too concern with the academics. Ecokidds (or previously Qdees) has a good and competitive curriculum. In fact, I feel that they over-teach the kids...my son has to learn photosynthesis for spelling at K2. I am not even sure if I have spelled that word correctly.

I was more concerned with the quality of teachers. The teachers turnover rate is very high at pre-school level so the quality of teachers is very important to me. I was happy with the teachers that my two children had. My two children had the same Chinese teacher. This indicates that the Chinese teacher has been with the kindy for at least 6-7 years. My DD1's prinicpal is still with the organisation but leading another branch. Mrs Leong is rather new (2-3 years) but she is really good. These long serving employees tell me that the teachers are happy working in the kindy/organisation. Only happy employees are committed to their work.

The school organises a year-end concert with all the branches. In those concerts, I saw ex-teachers coming back to help in the concert. Again, this tell me the bond that ex-teachers have with the school. The school also gives out 5, 10, 15 years long serving awards to their employees at their annual concert.

All the teachers seemed to know all the children by names, even when they do not teach the kids. This reflected the efforts they have put in to make the kids feel at ease in school.

To observe a school, you can visit the school early in the morning when they receive the kids. Kids do not lie...if they are happy and look forward to go to school, it cannot be a bad school...and you can observe how the teachers receive these kids. Little action such as when a child has a running nose, does the teacher ignore the child or the teacher will take a tissue to wipe will tell you how caring the teachers are.

Hope the above helps.

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kiasuchabo » Wed May 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Any more feedback on this school pls? Also any feedback on the school bus service?

thks

kiasuchabo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ManjaMama » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:55 pm

any comment on the branch at tamarind road?

ManjaMama
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby NFN08 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:45 pm

Hello all... i was just browsing thru my old posts on the school
Well.. a year have passed... my girl is happy in that school... and now in K2.... :)

it is a good school as what alng have mentioned... though i do not feel that the school have over-teach :) *cos my younger one who is in another pre-school, i saw that the students are already learning FRACTIONS in k2.... but that was enrichment class*

well.. back to Ecokidd.... :)
There are other weekday enrichment classes such as language or art. Last year, my K1 girl enrolled into Art weekday enrichment classes, she came back home with 3 pieces of nice CERAMIC pieces after the end of the course...

teachers are friendly, good...

I would say Mrs. Leong is a good principle. I had my dotter's bday in the school and she got all the students to join in the party... :)

those considering the school.... i guess, a visit there would do no harm... :)

NFN08
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby alng » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:44 pm

NFN08 wrote:Hello all... i was just browsing thru my old posts on the school
Well.. a year have passed... my girl is happy in that school... and now in K2.... :)

it is a good school as what alng have mentioned... though i do not feel that the school have over-teach :) *cos my younger one who is in another pre-school, i saw that the students are already learning FRACTIONS in k2.... but that was enrichment class*

well.. back to Ecokidd.... :)
There are other weekday enrichment classes such as language or art. Last year, my K1 girl enrolled into Art weekday enrichment classes, she came back home with 3 pieces of nice CERAMIC pieces after the end of the course...

teachers are friendly, good...

I would say Mrs. Leong is a good principle. I had my dotter's bday in the school and she got all the students to join in the party... :)

those considering the school.... i guess, a visit there would do no harm... :)

Hi NFN08,

Glad that your dd is enjoying the school. :-) I am sure you also notice that the principal and teachers also seem to know every students' names.

During my ds2' K2 year, the school had this class to make angry birds. The kids love them so much. His angry birds are still in our display cabinet.

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Lexmark » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:37 am

NFN08 wrote:In terms of fees, for K1 its $390 per mth (exc any materials/ books/ readers fees)..
Oh ya... i've enquire abt transport too... its $90-160 for 2 ways...

TIA :lol:

TQ for the info! Thinking of sending my girl there too, K1 next year. Anyone knows when's the open day in March? :-)

Lexmark
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Patronsaint » Tue May 24, 2016 11:05 am

Hi Folks - does Ecokidd Springleaf offer infant/toddler care? Or does it only start with N1? thanks v much in advance! Anyone has info on school fees, school bus etc?

Patronsaint
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Kindergartens