MCI Kindergarten

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

MCI Kindergarten

Postby pommelow » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:52 pm

I am interested to register my boy for pre-nursery class for 2012 this year. Anyone's kids attending the Kindy now to share your comments about the school?

pommelow
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: MCI Kindergarten

Postby Mrs Ang » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi, anyone has comments on this school? Thanks.

Mrs Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pialinng75 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:07 pm

It's a very child friendly school where the classrooms and toilet are clean n well maintained. School is rather relaxed and kids are happy. Love their assembly time where bible stories are shared by teachers and values are taught. School size is a good manageable size unlike bigger schools with too many children and too crowded and stressful for teachers and kids. So all the teachers know every kids in almost all levels. Fees are affordable and no frills like complicated events from certain schools that always ask for additional payments. Although they do have additional suplementary courses by good external vendors for kids outside class hours at affordable prices which parents are free to sign their child up for. For example English and Chinese speech and drama, and computer lessons.

Reasonable amount of Homeworks only begins from k1 to k2. Spelling begins from k2.

My daughter joined MCIK from Nursery level last year. Till k1 now, every school day is a happy day for her. Most importantly she loves all the teachers!
Last edited by pialinng75 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pialinng75
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby rnsmum » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:42 am

My 5 year old is very happy with the school. She joined PreNursery in Term 3 and looks forward to school.
My personal Experiences:
The staff and teachers are friendly and kind and have a good rapport with both students and parents.
The class strength is limited to 15 with two teachers which I think is a good ratio to maintain order and get to know the students.
Homework is only given on weekends for K1 onwards which eases them into the system.
There are enrichment classes available for interested parents.
Strong family values and Christian principles are upheld as well.
Affordable fees and value for money.
The toilets are well maintained and children are trained to wash and dry their hands.
Emphasis on healthy eating is a plus point with balanced meals provided. Children are encouraged to eat everything-mine eats her tomatoes even though she doesn't like them!
Frequent Learning Journeys and Hands-on activities so the children understand and relate to what they learn.
Hope this helps other parents!

rnsmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby MommyJoy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:42 am

MCIK, a fun and pleasant preschool with really caring and earnest teachers.
Preschool should not be excessively skewed towards academics. It should also a place where your child can pick up the required social skills needed when he progresses to the next level.
MCIK excel in that it encourages a culture of nurturing good social skills and learning with loads of fun and play which is very effective for pre-schoolers. Special mention goes to Teacher Paul who exemplifies the meaning having fun while learning. The kids LOVE him! Thanks Teacher Paul!
K1

MommyJoy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby simama » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:47 am

My husband and I are so happy our son is enjoying preschool at MCI kindergarten.
He is now in Term 3 Nusery group.
Remember the first time we visited there for our son registration, the principal give us a deep impression. She is enthusiastic, energetic, positive behaviour person, she solve all of our queries and worries as it is not easy for us to decide to send our child to preschool.
To nurture a child is not easy, especially in age 3-4. This requires a lot of LOVE, Patience and Concern. In this point of view, they do very well.
We like the school, all the teachers are very attentively in teaching children. We are glad and pleasure to let our son at MCI kindergarten.
Thank you MCI, thank you all your hard work. We truly appreciate it.

simama
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Qkingdom » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:32 pm

I have 2 kids presently in MCIK. They have been enrolled since pre nursery and they really enjoy going to school.

I find school teachers and school environment pretty important for kids of this age. Whether anot they will enjoy learning, sharing, making friends, maintaining good habits and values.

Homework is given during weekends for K1 & K2. Spelling and 听写 only starts in K2. School environment is not too stressful.

My kids like their teachers very much.
杨老师 their chinese teacher always updates me on their progress, she must have conduct her classes in an interesting way, thats why my kids are beginning to love chinese. Teacher Paul is a fun-loving teacher. We also learn something from Teacher Paul. "Patience" is 1 of the key factors to nurture the kid. Mrs Low the principal is also very friendly and involve in school activities.

Overall we are very satisfied with the school. :thankyou:

Qkingdom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Karen23smile » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:27 am

My experience with MCI KINDERGARTEN has been a wonderful one for the past 5 years.

The kindergarten has a caring and passionate principal, Mrs Low, who takes a personal interest in ensuring the well being of each student.

The school facilities is well maintained and has a high standard of hygiene.

The teachers there are caring and dedicated to their work in bringing out the personal best in every child.

The school organises its curriculum very well with many creative and hands on activities.

They also have a variety of learning journeys to stimulate students' interest and learning which their students really enjoyed.

Their annual concert never fail to impress the audience.

Their afterschool enrichment programmes such as Speech and Drama and Computer class are affordable and with high educational value.

Special thanks to Teacher Paul and Yang Lao Shi (Chinese Teacher) for their dedication to my son who is attending K1 currently. They are full of LOVE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS! Their lessons are fun and engaging!

:thankyou:

Karen23smile
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Kindergartens