Cherry Kidz Montessori- Yishun

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Cherry Kidz Montessori- Yishun

Postby soursop » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi all,

Are there any parents of children attending this Kindy at Yishun? Can you share some findings about the teachers and environment? :thankyou:

soursop
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Cherry Kidz Montessori- Yishun

Postby North_Mummy » Tue May 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi,

Did you eventually signed up with them? If yes let me know your feedback.

North_Mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby soursop » Wed May 09, 2012 11:28 am

Hi NorthMummy,

No, I did not sign up with them as I was recommended to another one, My Little Hands. I am totally pleased with My Little Hands for their caring teachers. Have seen marked improvement in my child's behaviour toward going to school. Small establishment but the teachers there teach from their hearts.

soursop
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby North_Mummy » Sat May 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi,
Can i know how old is ur girls. Are you able to share what are the improvements u see from you girl after attending the lesson there? How many students in her class? Are you able to tell me some background of the teacher?

North_Mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby soursop » Thu May 17, 2012 1:28 pm

I see a total change in her behaviour towards going to school and I compare against her previous school and this one. She's only 3 by the way so I don't expect too much academically.

1) previously refuse to wake up to go to school and fuss alot, now, insist that she wants to go to school even on a holiday and gets upset when she's ill and can't go.

2)previously cries every time she's left at the school and needs so much assurance. Now, automatically waves goodbye at the school door and ask us not to wait for her.

3) previously, never greets her teachers even when asked to do so. Now, immediately greets every of her teachers.

4) I hear a lot more songs and "er ge" from her than before.

5) Hardly drinks any water at the previous school. Now she finishes the whole bottle with the encourangement of the teachers.

Have also seen how they manage the kids on excursion, very well done. Her previous school had too many unqualified lousy teachers that kept changing. The teachers here are very different and have been there for some time. You just need to talk to them for a while and you can see the difference.
Class size very small. For me, I look for good caring teachers as a criteria for her school to cultivate good values and behaviour. I don't evaluate too much on curriculum as she is still very young and I already send her for enrichment classes anyways.

Which level are you looking for? They are quite full already.

soursop
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby North_Mummy » Thu May 17, 2012 10:27 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. My boy is born in dec 09. Had called Ms Wong but she only want to take in my boy in Sep 12. Btw where are you staying? Yishun? Me staying in Sembawang. Can you share with me wat enrichment lesson u get your girl to attend to? Now i only put my boy in a wkend speach& drama class.

North_Mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby soursop » Tue May 22, 2012 2:52 pm

HI North Mummy,

We are staying in Woodlands and loving it here! :love:

If you son is born in 09, he should be in pre-nursery which I thought Ms Wong should be able to accept. Cos her max is 8 students in her Pre-N class. Unless of course, she already have more coming in. Which school is he in now? I saw from your other thread that you were looking around some time ago.

I sent my DD2 to chinese enrichment during the weekends cos we tend to speak more English at home than Mandarin. So the extra exposure is good for her. She also goes for Ballet but that's merely becos her jie jie goes so she wants to. So no choice....we gave in.. :moneyflies:

soursop
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby North_Mummy » Mon May 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi,

Ms Wong mentioned to me that with my son will be 10 students . That is the maximum. She actually dun wish to reject me but told me becos she got other students coming in and plus my boy is Dec born so she only allow him to come in in Sep12 if i still keen. Actually my concern is if my boy just study 3mths in the school and 2013 he will go to N2 will there be alot of catch up???

Currently he is those 2hr playgroup but becos he is turning 3 this yr so i wanna find something more accademic for him . Yes i had been looking for very long as all the childcare in sembawang was full. The only available one is MMI and Cherryland which both centre dun give me a good impression... That why i start looking at Yishun .I went to peep on the centre once where i found the kids are left unattended.... Fm the window i ask the kids where the teacher and none can reply me and I ask further which level they belong. They reply me N2 class. :(

Finding a school in Sembawang damn diff. So how do ferry your kids from woodlands to Yishun?

North_Mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby soursop » Tue May 29, 2012 3:42 pm

Yes, so I suspected correctly that she has more coming in. Right now Pre-N is still at 6 students which means 3 more new ones will be coming in after the hols. Actually, whether your son will be ready or not depends also on his maturity. My eldest daughter was born in Dec and she was always the youngest in every class but she never did have any problems with doing whatever the other "big kids" were doing. I think you will be a better judge at this. Maybe you can also ask Ms Wong to assess him and see if he's ready. In her pre-N class, they do alot of singing and music activities, but being a christian setting, they have a lot of moral sessions too. Academic wise, not so intense yet. I think currently there is one student in the pre-N class that is born in Sept or Oct (can't remember) and seems to be doing fine...

I think at this age, catching up academically is not so critical, but it's important for them to learn social skills like sharing, team work, speech and play. You can also supplement with enrichment during the weekends if you want. Just my thoughts anyways.

We are taking the bus everyday to take her from Woodlands to Yishun. It is not easy but we can't seem to find a good center in Woodlands or Sembawang. Do you plan to put your boy in a Kindergarten from N to K2? I may need to pull out mine if we require full time care next time. Sigh... :roll:

soursop
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby North_Mummy » Tue May 29, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi,
Are you a SAHM? Both my hubby & I was working that why i need a school with school bus service. I had enrolled my boy to Cherie Heart Childcare behind Kathib camp. I hope he can cope well inside the childcare. As my son is still not talking very well( not forming sentences....) that y i am looking a daily program which is longer than 2hrs rather then stay at Nanny place watch TV.

Actually from what i see i feel my boy can adapt to the school environment reasonablely. I enrol him in to a speech & Drama class on wkend and after 2 lessons i can leave him alone and he is Ok ( No crying)..

How old is ur elder girl? Hmm from what i observe normally the 2nd kid learn
alot fm her elder slibling...

North_Mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Kindergartens