Zion Kindergarten Serangoon

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Postby sassyfire » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:12 am

Hi there,

I have just recently enrolled my boy in
http://zionkinder.ednoland.com.sg/centr ... d=SG010317

Not the most convenient of places but the teacher to student ratio is pretty decent especially afternoon class.
Principal is very approachable. And so far I don't see any hidden costs....
I hope to meet some parents whom have enrolled their kids in this school.

I am still so unsure but my boy is so insistent on this place even after visiting other schools. So will let him try it out.

If you have any feedback please share :) thanks!

sassyfire
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Zion Kindergarten Serangoon

Postby sassyfire » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:16 am

Honestly, I was so apprehensive about Zion as I didn't hear much but he was so attracted to the school activity like sportsball & he said he preferred the chinese teacher at Zion serangoon. My friend did tell me it's a pretty good kindy, long-standing & also more fun.

Ok lah, I was not so impressed with Zion's small playground cos LSK is quite spacious. Then I visited Calvary which I really really liked and the playground is amazin! Even more so than LSK. But he refused to try there even though got lego play...and he loves lego. I wanted to visit Sunbeam as it's non aircon and the speech and drama is included in the fee but never got a chance...I just wanted to be very very sure you know.

But in the end, we enrolled him at Zion. He just started this week. Except for one story about the dark dark woods (er, yes he do not like cartoons or anything that doesn't seem 'real' life) which he stood up and asked the teacher to stop and he cried. Poor thing (I been explaining to him woods is nature, no light no electricity but there are owls and nocturnal animals lolx). ....he seem to really enjoy the lesson. And the new English teacher is montessori based ...she sings she is so fun at times and the chinese teacher is amazing...he actually listens to her!

The english teacher is new...and I saw the K1 or K2 teacher and I just love her...don't know why. Just a great feeling...and then a parent told me she moved over from LSK....i sure hope she stays. But every parent whom happened to speak to me told me my boy's nursery chinese teacher is really good. She is great with kids and capturing kids' attention. One parent said her child once refused to speak mandarin, saying she is not chinese!! lolz. But after Zion and with that chinese teacher, she now loves mandarin and can speak as well:)

And the kids get to have this running sports stuff twice a week, one is sportsball and one is PE. ...which I felt is great for him because he hardly gets to go playground near my house as I work from home (now bring my laptop to school to work while I wait for him as my house is not near there). He now eats alot better (guess the running around helps), he feeds himself in school but at home with me he still want me to feed la. Initially when he saw me outside, he will ask me softly please go in with him...on Fri, he actually waved at me and smiled. No more asking me to go in with him.

(My feedback to a fren above about the school so far...For kindergarten, I am not sure if I will continue there...but meanwhile...so far so good.)

sassyfire
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Zion Kindergarten Serangoon

Postby sassyfire » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi any parents ferry their kid from sengkang or somewhere near here to Zion Serangoon (serangoon gardens) for afternoon session which is 12 noon.
If interested to carpool, please contact me at adonyap@yahoo.com.sg

I will only need one way and of course will pay monthly or every two weeks depends on your preference.

Thank you.

sassyfire
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Kindergartens