St James Church Kindergarten

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

St James Church Kindergarten

Postby lovebearsallthings » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:32 pm

One of my colleagues told me that St. James Church Kindergarten is 'booked' till 2010.

I'm a little perplexed. Can anyone enlighten me why this kindergarten is so popular? :?

lovebearsallthings
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kaitlynangelica » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:49 pm

ha! Can't be worse than Nanyang kindergarten that has a waiting list of 300. Difficult to get in unless you on the alumni.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mintcc » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:58 pm

I am also quite curious, what make these kindergarten so special?

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby tamarind » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:26 pm

I heard for some top kindergarten, the mommy has to waitlist when she is 6 months pregnant.

I know a mommy whose son is in St James. She told me the teacher said her son is weak in Chinese, and asked her to send her son to Chinese enrichment class.

Even if you attend "branded" kindergarten, still must be prepared to send your child to enrichment class.

tamarind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kaitlynangelica » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:39 pm

Nanyang I can understand because it is supposedly good for chinese. But I have two friends who have personally told me that it is not good. Standard not very high so they supplement with the enrichment classes organised by them in the afternoon.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lovebearsallthings » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:56 pm

Hmm.. so why are these schools in such high demand? Are we missing something?

lovebearsallthings
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kaitlynangelica » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:59 pm

I guess its cheaper than Montessori and supposed to be good so parents will try it.

Actually, after reading that blog on the PCF kindergarten standards, I am also wondering why am I paying $500+ a month for my daughter's schooling and why are parents so willing to pay for the branded schools like Pat's Schoolhouse, Chiltern House and Eton House.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kaitlynangelica » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:01 pm

But I sent my kid to two different church kindergartens over two consecutive years and really felt that she learnt nothing.

Just my Honest Opinion.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lovebearsallthings » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:06 pm

I guess we believe that these schools like Pat Schoolhouse, Chiltern House and Eton House give that extra in terms of their environment. We believe that they really make learning fun, and that they value each individual child.

I have also heard a lot of good feedback from parents who sent their children to Chiltern House and Pat Schoolhouse. They say their children love to attend the schools, and at a very young age, they learn and know about different cultures around the world, the different countries, and they are very creative in the things that they do. They are also able to speak very well. I guess these are the 'extras'.

lovebearsallthings
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kaitlynangelica » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:09 pm

Yes. Agree with you "lovebearsallthings'. noticed that when I sent my gal to Montessori, the kids there speak very well and seem to be more confident. My parents feel that my gal has improved by leaps and bounds in her grammar and can converse much better now. Her vocab also seems much better.

In the church kindergarten, she hardly brought home anything. And even when she did bring back her readers, she couldn't read when I tested her

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Kindergartens