Dayspring Kindergarten

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Dayspring Kindergarten

Postby steventay » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi,

i planning to enroll the Dayspring Kindergarten @17th Avenue and 24th Avenue?

any comments?

thank you.

steventay
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Dayspring Kindergarten

Postby Searchingyou » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:26 pm

My child is in N2 this year at 24th ave.The teachers are good so far.24th ave has bigger playground which is one of the reason I send my child there... Just that I find that the school is too crowded with pupils.
Anyway, I'm going to withdraw due to the distance from Hougang.I will enrol my child in a full time childcare so that he can join the enrichment class prepared by the centre.The enrichment classes in Dayspring are in the afternoon. We need to pay extra cost for the enrichment and the transportation as well.

Searchingyou
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby V S K » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:35 pm

my girl is in the school too but intend to withdraw her. costhe increase the fee from till 800 plus 900 nxt yr onward heard fr the teacher... plus i dun find my girl learn any thing in sch and been crying... somehow its for rich ppl la the sch... prepare to pay more n more (fee that doesnt mention,know only when ask to pay)ipay 1k for her 1st term fee include of all the readers... i am shock,not aware of these fee,which e school din mention.. my girl pre-nursery teacher is good,caring... but they go nursery n kindergarten, somehow i felt teacher treat them like mature kids, i peep outside the school, saw other level children was been put outside as in at the playground area but is nt in the class,where children sit there to wait for school bus area. they doing hmwrk there under hot sun.i ask e teacher that the weather so hot,they was put outside and even sit on the floor,using the seat as a table to do work,teacher told me different enviroment..U REALLY HAVE TO PEEP OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE DOING IN SCHOOL....

V S K
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby steventay » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:27 am

is it really that bad?

steventay
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby V S K » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:07 am

ytd i jus went dayspring again. e children dun sit outside anymore i guess.. erm... i nt sure if would withdraw or continue as nt much sch in punggol but dun really like e sch... erm,jus b prepare to pay n pay for some last min notice lo... erm.. e only reason u ask me y i still continue here if i does,i will say *OTHER PEOPLE SAY GOOD LEH*...hahahaha.in term of work,i dun expect much ad school r alway slower den wat e kids r able to learn,my gal go shichida,she is learn division,while e ach hv nt start writing... lolz... so i actually was thinkin to put my gal at cheap sch n continue enrichmwnt class...lolz.

V S K
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Searchingyou » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:04 pm

Generally I find the school's standard is higher compared to the childcare my son has enrolled now. My son was in Nursery with Dayspring during the past half year, he has learnt Alphabet writing skill a-m,chinese stroke..etc..while the childcare only start teaching Pre-writing skills.
For my point for view, Dayspring is good in terms of curriculum,just tat some of the teachers are not really qualified. During the parents meet in June, my son's teacher passed/returned the English and Chinese readers back to us.i suppose my son should have learnt to read all the readers, but my son knows nothing a single word in the chinese readers..Instruction from the teacher ," You may revise these with the child at home.." :slapshead: How am I going to teach my son to read the readers in the one month school holidays??
The childcare my son was in now will issue a reader to read at home weekly which I find it is more appropriate. Secondly, the centre will give parents a copy of paper indicating what's the child will learn during the month. So, it is easier for me to plan my revision schedule with my son..
If dayspring would have improved in some aspect, i dun mind to transfer him back to Dayspring.

Searchingyou
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Searchingyou » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:08 pm

V S K wrote:ytd i jus went dayspring again. e children dun sit outside anymore i guess.. erm... i nt sure if would withdraw or continue as nt much sch in punggol but dun really like e sch... erm,jus b prepare to pay n pay for some last min notice lo... erm.. e only reason u ask me y i still continue here if i does,i will say *OTHER PEOPLE SAY GOOD LEH*...hahahaha.in term of work,i dun expect much ad school r alway slower den wat e kids r able to learn,my gal go shichida,she is learn division,while e ach hv nt start writing... lolz... so i actually was thinkin to put my gal at cheap sch n continue enrichmwnt class...lolz.

Current Term fee at Dayspring is $660 right? How come is $800?or they will increase to $800 plus?

Searchingyou
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby V S K » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:35 am

Hi.for prenursery is 660.nursery is 880. nxt yr onwards. U may chxk out

V S K
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby V S K » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:23 pm

hey hey. i am continuing in e sch... but would fins it easier if anyone cn carpool wif me. if nt i will hv to tk e shuttler bus...contact me!!!

V S K
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby V S K » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:24 pm

hey hey. i am continuing in e sch... but would fins it easier if anyone cn carpool wif me. if nt i will hv to tk e shuttler bus...contact me!!!

V S K
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Kindergartens