St Hilda's Kindergarten

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

St Hilda's Kindergarten

Postby YingYing » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi I'm new to this forum and i hope to seek advice from experienced parents who have heard of or sent their kids to ST HILDA'S KINDERGARTEN.

Can i ask if this kindy is good? I've heard about it being very 'academic' - does that mean it is lessions all the time ? How often do they get to play at the playground? Is there such thing as sand play & water play ?

Do they have homework?

Thanks very much.

YingYing
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby cat33 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:20 am

Hi Ying Ying

My son is in St Hilda now. He is in k1. Homework is given to them everyday. It is a reinforcement of what the teacher had taught them in school. My son has no problem to finish them independently.

They have outdoor twice a week with addition of play, science, cookery etc based on their theme.

Do PM me if you need more info

cat33
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby YingYing » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi Cat33
Thanks for inviting me to pm u ...i've since pm you :)
Looking forward to your reply.... Thanks very much :)

YingYing
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

st. hilda's kindergarten along ceylon road

Postby totorosy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi,

I live around the area. Am thinking of sending my girl to St. Hilda's. Could you share with me your feedback on St. Hilda's -- both the good and the bad? I am also taking a look at the IMM montessori at katong shopping centre, the shaw place along mountbatten and Eis pre-school along seraya lane. Am totally new to this, i dont know what to really look for in a pre-school.. any tips?

totorosy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jerejoy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:51 pm

Hi,

Could anyone share with me your feedback on St. Hilda's? My boy is currently in Bethesda Katong Kindergarten. Not sure if I shld move him to St Hilda when he is in K1.

jerejoy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby shn » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:04 pm

jerejoy wrote:Hi,

Could anyone share with me your feedback on St. Hilda's? My boy is currently in Bethesda Katong Kindergarten. Not sure if I shld move him to St Hilda when he is in K1.

My girl jus. Join bethesda katong! Actually was deciding where to go
Before that. I called up both and happen to Bethesda has a space so jus join!
why u decide to transfer to st Hilda? I actually head lots of positive feedback
Reg bethesda katong! My cousin son actually at st Hilda! I was
Told that he cry almost every alternate day but dun want
To go back when it time!

shn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jerejoy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:51 am

shn wrote:
jerejoy wrote:Hi,

My girl jus. Join bethesda katong! Actually was deciding where to go
Before that. I called up both and happen to Bethesda has a space so jus join!
why u decide to transfer to st Hilda? I actually head lots of positive feedback
Reg bethesda katong! My cousin son actually at st Hilda! I was
Told that he cry almost every alternate day but dun want
To go back when it time!

My boy is enjoying school at Bethesda Katong now. The teachers are v friendly and kind. But I'm not sure for the academic wise. I hv frds whose kids r in St Hilda's and they r doing v well in pri school. The feedbacks given by my frds are the school prepares them well. I will continue him in Bethesda for N1 and N2. But for K1 and K2, I'm not sure if I shld transfer him to a more academic based kindergarten.

jerejoy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: ST HILDA'S KINDERGARTEN

Postby 2R-Mummy » Fri May 27, 2011 5:44 pm

My son is in st hildas since N2 to K2. He progress well in academic and character. For Chinese , I am surprise they did not teach Han yu pin ying at all, you may look for other enrichment. Be prepare for ting xie n spelling from K1 onward. Overall thumb up.

2R-Mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: ST HILDA'S KINDERGARTEN

Postby 2R-Mummy » Sat May 28, 2011 12:48 am

Had send him to Shichida when he was 3. Was given simple worksheets for him to do one daily at home . (Reason can't really remember)it was something like to help to keep for the momentum for homework in future. So I suppose a sheet of homework from St hilda's daily should be ok.

2R-Mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: St Hilda's Kindergarten

Postby ba.gs'MOM » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:16 pm

May I ask, St. Hilda's kindy being an anglican church... do the teachers give emphasis on the religion's belief on their teachings? Are the students exposed on any activities on the church itself? Hope someone can shield light on this, thanks in advance!

ba.gs'MOM
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Kindergartens