Catholic Kindy Vs Living Santuary Kindy

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Catholic Kindy Vs Living Santuary Kindy

Postby ianmum » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:29 pm

Can anyone give reviews on this 2 kindergarten..
Got a place for both but not too sure which to choose..
Thanks in advance..

ianmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Catholic Kindy Vs Living Santuary Kindy

Postby camleelaa » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi, sorry if this comes late for you, but hopefully it's useful for other parents. I don't know about Living Sanctuary Kindy, but my sons are in Catholic Kindy and I'll share what I can.

Price-wise, Catholic Kindy is a good deal, for the campus is reasonably large given the low-ish school feels ($600/term for 3 hours/day). It's an open-air campus with a playground yard and waterplay area. It's not new nor swanky, but maintenance is ok. The kids wear their socks & shoes throughout the day.

The admin and teachers are generally great. There's a lot of continuity through the levels, and many teachers have been there for years. The younger teachers are remarkably enthusiastic, and the older teachers are loving. The kids learn to sing Christian songs and pray. I do wish the class sizes were smaller (16:2 at Pre-N level and 22:2 at K1 level) but this goes hand-in-hand with the school fees.

The school organises outings about once a term (e.g. the Pre-N kids will go to Cold Storage and Macdonalds) and there are additional charges. You will have to be quite hands-on with their homework (starts in Nursery) and classroom activities. For e.g. they will often bring home notes from the teacher asking for specific items to be brought to school as learning aids.

camleelaa
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Kindergartens