Choosing Primary Schools - East/Marine Parade/Katong

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Choosing Primary Schools - East/Marine Parade/Katong

Postby totorosy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:34 am

I live within 1km from 4 schools - Tanjong Katong Primary, Haig Girls, CHIJ Katong and Tao Nan. I need some help in gathering info about these schools, specifically, what are their characteristics, what sets them apart from other schools and what they are good at? I have heard about TKPS being popular among foreigners, Tao Nan being good academically but apart from these, are there any unique points that other parents can share? We all want the best for our kids but I believe they would flourish more in an environment where they have good chemistry with -- teachers, peers and curriculum that can draw the best in them. If i was only concerned about PSLE, Tao Nan would be the obvious choice but I am not sure if my DD is so academically inclined or would she benefit more from a possibly less competitive/stressful program in a different school. Currently, she's 3 and what I see is that she likes to do arts/crafts, sing, dance and play pretend/acting. She is also very competitive in her extra-curricular classes. One day her chinese teacher in berries talked to me about her shouting the answers to the questions. When i asked DD, she said if she didn't shout the answer, the other kids will beat her to it. Talk about being kiasu...

Anyway, I hope to hear from other moms and dads.

totorosy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Kindergartens