Chen Li kindergarten review

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Chen Li kindergarten review

Postby pinkydots » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi any feedback on this kindergarten? I am considering to enroll my girl for their pre-nursery class next year. Thanks.

pinkydots
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Chen Li kindergarten review

Postby black_beaut » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:23 pm

I stay in the vicinity of mountbatten. in 2008, my eldest daughter went to chen li kindergarten. There was a number of changes to the teachers teaching her class. So I changed her and her siblings to st hilda's . St hilda's is rather performance based. They have worksheets as homework daily and curriculum is fast paced. but teachers are rather strict and distance. My elder son was afraid that he shun from Chinese as a second language for a very long time since his bad experience there.
Subsequently, i put my other son back in chen li for a second attempt. initially i planed to put him there for only one year but i changed my mind quickly. there was a change of leadership and curriculum was so much better. it has been 3 years since then. my second son is now in k1. he's very happy in school and enjoy learning there. not only there is a good balanced of experiential learning and academic work, teachers and principal are also very caring towards children and engaged as a whole. I think i'm more than grateful for their work in my boy's early years. definitely a good choice preschool in mountbatten neighbourhood.

black_beaut
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Chen Li kindergarten review

Postby pinkydots » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:55 pm

Hi black beaut
Is your son still in Chen li k2 this year? How do you find their circulumn so far? Do you send him for external phonics classes? Is he able to read independently right now?
My concern is whether the kindergarten circulumn able to prep the child well for p1.

pinkydots
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Kindergartens