Tung Ling vs Good Shepherd Convent-Marine Parade

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Tung Ling vs Good Shepherd Convent-Marine Parade

Postby pipit » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:15 pm

Hi all mommies,

I need your input regarding Tung Ling and Good Sheperd Kindergarten. Both are located at marine parade.
My son will be K1 next year. I can't decide which school will be the better. I have visited the schools and found out both of them are having good and lovely teachers.

As my husband is prefer Tung Ling in terms of the facilities.
But I just wondering why there are quite numbers of empty seat for K1 next year? For morning session it is about 20, and afternoon session is only 8!
While in Good Sheperd, morning session always full and afternoon session almost full.
I am wondering why Tung Ling still have many slots? :D

FYI, Tung Ling have the 4 hour session that school fee has included the enrichment program for english and mandarin. WHile Good Sheperd is a 3 hour session but with additional english and mandarin as additional program. For overall, if we enrol for both english and mandarin class, the fee will be more or less the same.

Your input will be appreciated since next mth I have to decide and enroll already.

pipit
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Tung Ling vs Good Shepherd Convent-Marine Parade

Postby SpartanMum » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:48 am

pipit wrote:Hi all mommies,

I need your input regarding Tung Ling and Good Sheperd Kindergarten. Both are located at marine parade.
My son will be K1 next year. I can't decide which school will be the better. I have visited the schools and found out both of them are having good and lovely teachers.

As my husband is prefer Tung Ling in terms of the facilities.
But I just wondering why there are quite numbers of empty seat for K1 next year? For morning session it is about 20, and afternoon session is only 8!
While in Good Sheperd, morning session always full and afternoon session almost full.
I am wondering why Tung Ling still have many slots? :D

FYI, Tung Ling have the 4 hour session that school fee has included the enrichment program for english and mandarin. WHile Good Sheperd is a 3 hour session but with additional english and mandarin as additional program. For overall, if we enrol for both english and mandarin class, the fee will be more or less the same.

Your input will be appreciated since next mth I have to decide and enroll already.

Can only speak about our experience with Good Shepherd - from what I know, it is a really lovely environment for pre-schoolers to grow. Not too academic. Kids seem to have quite a lot of fun. Like the fact that they only have a few classes. Quite homely feel.

All the best with choosing! :smile:

SpartanMum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Good Shepherd Convent-Marine Parade

Postby JohnnyRed » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:44 pm

Hi Mummies/Daddies

can anyone of you who have kids attending in this school give me your feedback for Good Shepherd? How you feel about their K1 and K2 curriculum? Do you feel there is still a need for the kid to attend enrichment? teachers passion for kids? Positive and Negative?

My child is K1 this yr in a CC and i feel that the curriculum wise i like it but execution wise they r lack of it. Weak in communication between parents and trs.

JohnnyRed
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Kindergartens