Treehouse Kindercare Corner

Discuss specific kindergartens operators here.

Treehouse Kindercare Corner

Postby Miaor » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:51 pm

I'm living in west and I found this kindergarten conveniently located near where I live. Anyone has any comments or experience about the school?

Miaor
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tazzy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:27 pm

hi miaor,

i'm planning to pay a visit to the centre next week. i have called them and was advised that the best time to visit is around 9.30am if we are interested to see how the classes are conducted. Do you want to visit the centre together? How old is your child?

tazzy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Miaor » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi, Tazzy, I've been there on Tuesday and we went back for a trial class this morning. My son is 2 years and 8 months now, a very active and stubborn boy. I'm impressed by their children, look very healthy and happy! The teachers are very nice and patient to kids, the principle told me they believe kids should learn through play, have fun and enjoy the process. I also like their daily outdoor time - all the kids go to a neighborhood playground for around 45 minutes. This center feels so right for my son so far, the only issue is their facility and toys look pretty old, so I am still hesitating cos I got tempted by another newly opened center. :?

tazzy wrote:hi miaor,

i'm planning to pay a visit to the centre next week. i have called them and was advised that the best time to visit is around 9.30am if we are interested to see how the classes are conducted. Do you want to visit the centre together? How old is your child?

Miaor
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tazzy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:49 pm

hi miaor,

can you share with me where's this newly open centre?

for kindercare, i am a bit concerned that they are not offering phonics as part of their main curriculum. that's the main reason why i have not paid them a visit....

tazzy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Treehouse Kinder Corner

Postby yun yun » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi,

Currently, my 31 mths boy is in Treehouse. Hv been there since Jan 2010. So far, so good.. Teachers consider quite gd. But sad to say tat this cc have been sold of to another owner. Starting from Jul 2010, no longer treehouse. New branded - Little Wonders Montessori Childcare Centre. Restructured & sad to say again... some of the good teachers chosen to leave... different teaching programmes / different expectations & of cos, oso different fee... an increase of S$80 which seem a burden to me... but my boy took abt 3 mths to settle in this cc... grow to fond of the place / teachers... i just can't bear to send him to another cc which the whole process might start again... at 3 mths was a nitemare to him and me as well. moreover, around this JW extension, i dun see any better cc... i did a search b4 send my boy to treehouse... quite a distance from my place & of cos, oso a bit expensive compare to those void deck cc... If u got any gd cc around JW Extension, can share with me? Thanks.

yun yun
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

My sharing about Little Wonders Montessori-Jurong West

Postby kiasu_mammy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi,

Thought I'll share my personal experience with Little Wonders Montessori (LW) for other parents' reference as I have been reading a lot from this forum.

My daughter have been in this premise since she was 18 months (then with Treehouse Kindercare) and until now with Little Wonders Montessori-JW branch due to the takeover. We had intentions to move on news of the takeover, however the english teacher suggested that rather than to move my daughter to a new school/ teachers and friends, we might as well stay on and observe before we make our decision. We've been happy with our decision so far :)

During the 1+ year with Treehouse, she cried a little each time we send her to school in the morning, however the teachers managed to console her and she was participative to the activities in school. After the takeover by LW, we noticed that my daughter hardly cry in the morning, instead, she look forward going to school. This we observed and take it as a good sign. We also thought it might be due to the fact that she's much older as compared to when she just started at 18 months, but then, so long as she is now enjoying school, that's most important to us.

Management
No major changes. In fact, the Principle is acting as a teacher for this centre to ensure that it start well on a good note, which we thought is a good idea. So far, we've got good mutual communication with the management and teachers.

School Premise
I like the fact that it is a semi-d house as it is spacious and part of the outdoor is converted for activities. Well maintained and ventilated. Hygiene in the school is good, so far.

Teachers
I could only speak for the English and Chinese teachers who taught my daughter. So far my daughter have been coming back surprising us with new information, words and things, according to her was what the teacher read to them. Guess children would be the best person to feedback about Teachers and since she is unable to put her thoughts clearly at this age, we take her emotion as guage. So far she has consistently been telling us that school is good and those new words that she say and start writing are good testimonial for the teachers. Both teachers are very candid during our feedback session and even gave me tips on what I can do with my daughter during our free time. The teachers have also been consistently been giving feedback or reminders to the caregiver when she picks my daughter up from school in the afternoon.

I do agree with another forumer who feedback that the PR skills of the staff here is not fantastically good. For us, that is a small part as what matter most is their passion in teaching the little ones and their actions speaks louder than words.

Curriculum
The school provide thematic curriculum for us before the new term start. Apart from the usual classroom learning, we are happy to see from the takeover the different exposure the school is bringing to the children. For example, the waterplay activity within the school once a week and school outing every month. We welcome these variety of exposure the school introduce as we noticed that through this experiential learning, my daughter is happily learning new things without much thoughts about it. Also, these activities does bring newness to her Monday - Friday school routine.

kiasu_mammy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Little Wonders Montessori-Jurong West

Postby yun yun » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Hi Kaisu Mammy,

I do share the same view as u. My boy doing well at cc. Last sat, we went for parent-teacher meeting. We got some good feedbacks and comments from the teachers which we found it is a good start for my boy.. hopefully, the mgmt & teachers will continue to do a good job.... so that the teachers can hv a peaceful mind at work while our kids at cc... they are well-taken care by the teachers...

yun yun
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kiasu_mammy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi Yun Yun,

Yes, we went for the meet-the-parent session last Sat too. Was happy to see that things in the school are in place and the hygiene level is maintained.

kiasu_mammy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby yun yun » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Yes, I’m glad that I made a rite choice not to transfer my boy out when the new mgmt took over. With your comments, I in fact hv more trust on them… ; ) yes, hygienic consider quite gd. But my main concern is the fee slightly a bit expensive… but if the school is gd & benefit my boy, i dun mind to pay more loh… got to cut down on my personal expenses… hehee…

yun yun
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Treehouse Kindercare Corner

Postby grave_06 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:49 pm

I am glad to enroll my kid with Phoenix preschool. Now I am relax about my kid's care. In fact the school pick up and drop off my kid at home at very little extra cost.

grave_06
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Kindergartens