Baby's milk diet / volume intake.

Talk about issues regarding looking after babies in the 1st 3 years of their lives.

Baby's milk diet / volume intake.

Postby serena » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:45 am

Hi there,

My baby is 11 weeks old. Recently, her milk volume intake reduced by around 30ml. She just refused to drink and struggle to push the teat out and don't seem to be hungry until the next feeding time. She seem fine other than this.

Is it ture that baby may drink less ard 3 months old because their digestive system is stronger & they can retain the milk longger / know when is full?

Just worried whether she's drinking enough. :?

Anyone has similiar experiences?

serena
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby sashimi » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:57 pm

serena, so long as your baby is healthy and happy and growing, don't worry about it. :) She knows her stomach capacity better than us!

Generally speaking, actually as babies grow, their stomachs become bigger, so they can retain more and be full longer.

You should watch out for growth spurts - temporary periods when their growth accelerates and they will drink non-stop! After every growth spurt, you will notice she seems bigger. :wink:

It may be that your baby just finished one growth spurt, so her hunger dropped somewhat.

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby serena » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:02 am

Thanks Sashimi :D

serena
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Baby's milk diet / volume intake.

Postby TimmyOwner » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:37 am

Hi

My baby is coming to 5 months old, and he takes an average of 500+ ml milk a day. He weighs 6.6 kg but compared to his older sibling at his age, he isn't chubby. Is 500+ ml a day normal for 5 months old?

According to baby center, based on his weight he should be drinking 900+ ml?

He hasn't started on any solids yet, but he had about 3 bouts of flu, running nose and cough when he was 4 months so he has lost his appetite.

Feel quite sad for him when I see him lose his chubby fats...

TimmyOwner
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby CuriousDaddy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:16 pm

My boy is still on breast milk... Don't really know how much he's drinking...

My wife just let him drink until he's full or fall asleep...

He's getting chubbier each day... :lol:

CuriousDaddy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby O_M_G » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:13 pm

My baby girl is 2 weeks old and we have been re-visiting the polyclinics a couple of times through this 2 weeks. previously the doctor said that she should have as much milk as she likes as long as she's satisfied. With that, we feed our baby girl a variation of 60ml -120ml per session every 3-4 hrs. But we were badly scolded my the doctor today for over-feeding her. Would like to check on the range of amount we should be providing her.

She started of with breast milk and now she's doing both formula and breast milk. Breast milk going at 60ml - 80ml a day and the rest with formula.

Anyone? :sweat:

O_M_G
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby RobertaRak » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:46 am

nice topic!
many helpful information here:)

RobertaRak
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Looking After Babies