Games to Play with Babies

Talk about issues regarding looking after babies in the 1st 3 years of their lives.

Games to Play with Babies

Postby roxanna » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:04 pm

The latest research affirms the importance of stimulating babies to help their brain cells form connections, paving the way for future learning. The games included in Jackie Silberg’s book Games to Play With Babies will help to stimulate the connections in babies’ brains. In addition, they will improve babies’ listening skills, spark their curiosity, increase their awareness of their bodies and help them develop a sense of humor. Each game describes what babies will learn by playing it. For example, your 0–3 month old baby will learn social skills while playing ‘Baby Boop’, as you touch baby’s different places and make the sound ‘boop’ with each touch. Games to Play With Babies will allow you to interact with your baby as well as teach her valuable skills while having fun.

Read more: ... edition-99

Re: Games to Play with Babies

Postby Diapees Andwipees » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:52 am

As a new parent, it can be very difficult to know what to do with your baby - what 'games' are appropriate at what age, what activities will help stimulate and develop your baby at an age appropriate rate. Under 3 months baby can go for these activities for:

Music fun
Put on a CD and help your baby clap hands, clap feet, bicycle his legs. Show your baby how you clap hands, wriggle fingers, twirl, and bob up and down.

Foot Tapping
Lie your baby safely on their back. Tap the bottom of your baby's feet gently in time to a song that you are singing for example Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.

Looking in the Mirror
Hold your baby in front of a mirror so they can explore what they look like.

Hang colourful, and black and white things, things that move, and things that make noise over your baby's cot. Tie securely and don't use anything smaller than would fit in a 35mm film canister.

Looking fun
Babies learn by watching. Take your baby outside and hold them where they can see things moving - streamers, trees, washing on the line.

Let your baby follow things with their eyes - move your face, a rattle, or a coloured toy in front of them. Play aeroplanes with your hands - fly through the air and land on your baby's tummy!

Thanks and Regards,
Diapees Andwipees :boogie:

Diapees Andwipees

Re: Games to Play with Babies

Postby senseimichael » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:20 pm

All my three boys get to play two games with daddy (me!).

1. The "spider" game, where I pretend that my fingers are a spider, and if they cannot stop the "spider" (by squashing it or flipping it away) fast enough, it will tickle them! It is interesting to note that none of them till today are scared of spiders, haha.

2. The "flying" game, where I bring them up in the air (still holding on to them!) either like a swing, or simply hanging above me. My younger loved it and could not get enough of that game, but my firstborn and youngest wanted me to stop after just a few minutes (thank God!).

Return to Looking After Babies