Which blender is good for babies?

Talk about issues regarding looking after babies in the 1st 3 years of their lives.

Which blender is good for babies?

Postby northernstar » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:58 am

hi all,

i'm thinking of gettin a blender to prepare food for my 6 months old

baby. any recommendations here?

:thankyou:

northernstar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Which blender is good for babies?

Postby cherrygal » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:10 pm

Any blender will do actually. There is no real need to get the Avent baby food blender. I bought a normal Philips blender at $49 and reserved it only for baby food. Just make sure you don't blend chillies in the same blender for your baby.

You won't need to blend food for too long coz by 9 - 12months, your baby is supposed to eat more textured food.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby northernstar » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:50 pm

thanks cheerygal for your reply... den i just get one which my whole family can use lor.. :rahrah:

northernstar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cherrygal » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:05 pm

yah, but dun let them use for spicy things. Smoothies OK... :)

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Twinkle Belle » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:59 am

I also use a normal Phillips blender for mashing up steamed pumpkin, potatoes, carrots etc. sometimes, I press a small amount of steamed food through a sieve to mash up the vege thoroughly. The blender is used when I am making and storing several batches of baby food. Have fun! It's satisfying to make baby food at home and not grab a bottle of Heinz off the shelves.

Twinkle Belle
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby northernstar » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:58 pm

cherrygal wrote:yah, but dun let them use for spicy things. Smoothies OK... :)

yeah, had made carrot smoothie for baby ^^ will try others!

northernstar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby northernstar » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Twinkle Belle wrote:I also use a normal Phillips blender for mashing up steamed pumpkin, potatoes, carrots etc. sometimes, I press a small amount of steamed food through a sieve to mash up the vege thoroughly. The blender is used when I am making and storing several batches of baby food. Have fun! It's satisfying to make baby food at home and not grab a bottle of Heinz off the shelves.

using a sieve is not difficult? i'm using a spoon or chopper to mash :smile: ya, Heinz bottled baby foods contain sugar.

northernstar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Twinkle Belle » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:52 pm

northernstar wrote:
Twinkle Belle wrote:I also use a normal Phillips blender for mashing up steamed pumpkin, potatoes, carrots etc. sometimes, I press a small amount of steamed food through a sieve to mash up the vege thoroughly. The blender is used when I am making and storing several batches of baby food. Have fun! It's satisfying to make baby food at home and not grab a bottle of Heinz off the shelves.

using a sieve is not difficult? i'm using a spoon or chopper to mash :smile: ya, Heinz bottled baby foods contain sugar.

Not at all. Sometimes, I steam a small piece of pumpkin inside the rice cooker when I am cooking rice. Once the pumpkin is cooked, I would place it inside the sieve and use a spoon to press it through. Of course, I have tried mashing it with a spoon but find that the texture is not as smooth as using the sieve method. I use the sieve to mash up bananas and papayas too. Sometimes, there is quite a bit of fibre in some of these fruit and veggies and this can only be filtered using the sieve. It's a method that my mom taught me cos in the older days, blenders are unheard of.

Of course, the sieve cannot beat the blender lah. :lol:

Twinkle Belle
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby autumnbronze » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Twinkle Belle wrote:
northernstar wrote:

Not at all. Sometimes, I steam a small piece of pumpkin inside the rice cooker when I am cooking rice. Once the pumpkin is cooked, I would place it inside the sieve and use a spoon to press it through. Of course, I have tried mashing it with a spoon but find that the texture is not as smooth as using the sieve method. I use the sieve to mash up bananas and papayas
too. Sometimes, there is quite a bit of fibre in some of these fruit and veggies and this can only be filtered using the sieve. It's a method that my mom taught me cos in the older days, blenders are unheard of.

Of course, the sieve cannot beat the blender lah. :lol:

:hi5: Twinkle Belle

I use the sieve too. A rather big one for convenience. :smile:

My brand new Phillips Avent blender has become a white elephant sitting in the storeroom.

Anyone interested in purchasing it :lol:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Twinkle Belle » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:33 pm

autumnbronze,

looks like we have tricks up our sieves :wink:

Twinkle Belle
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next