Enfalac

Talk about issues regarding looking after babies in the 1st 3 years of their lives.

Enfalac

Postby blingbling » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi Mummies,

I need help! Any of your babies is drinking enfalac? Recently, My DS seems to poo alot and especially in the midst of the feed or after each feed. Poo varies from light brown watery to yellow watery. Is this normal? Im not sure if it is due to teething or the milk powder that is causing him to poo so regularly. He doesn't seem to have any of these problems when he was 2 months old.

blingbling
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Enfalac

Postby j.a.m. » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:34 pm

blingbling wrote:Hi Mummies,

I need help! Any of your babies is drinking enfalac? Recently, My DS seems to poo alot and especially in the midst of the feed or after each feed. Poo varies from light brown watery to yellow watery. Is this normal? Im not sure if it is due to teething or the milk powder that is causing him to poo so regularly. He doesn't seem to have any of these problems when he was 2 months old.

Hi, how old is your son? How long has he been drinking enfalac? Did he change formula milk recently?

He could be lactose intolerant...

Btw, it happened to my ds when he was a baby. I supplemented breast milk with formula & his stool was very watery & he could pooped 4-5 times a day. It went on for a few months till I discovered what was wrong, so I changed to Pediasure, it's lactose & gluten free. He would have such reaction whether he ate cheese & diary products but thankfully, he has built up his threshold through the years and is able to take some of these foods now.

Btw, Pediasure is only for babies above 1 year old. There are other soy-based milk powder in the market.

It is also a good idea to bring him to see doctor to get a professional opinion...

Cheers!

j.a.m.
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby blingbling » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi Jam,

My DS is 4 months old now. He has taken enfalac since the first month and was alright to it. When he started to develop cough and had many phlegm(3 months), I alternate him between enfalac H.A(Hypo allergic) and enfalac normal. Ever since then, he has pooed after every other feed.

Now, I'm alternating him with enfalac(lactose free) and enfalac normal. Sometimes, he will reject drinking the lactose free milk. And he still poos very often.

Although I know it differs from each baby, what what is the norm? How often should a baby poo? Is it normal to poo 5 - 6 times a day for 4 months old?

blingbling
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby j.a.m. » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:35 pm

blingbling wrote:Hi Jam,

My DS is 4 months old now. He has taken enfalac since the first month and was alright to it. When he started to develop cough and had many phlegm(3 months), I alternate him between enfalac H.A(Hypo allergic) and enfalac normal. Ever since then, he has pooed after every other feed.

Now, I'm alternating him with enfalac(lactose free) and enfalac normal. Sometimes, he will reject drinking the lactose free milk. And he still poos very often.

Although I know it differs from each baby, what what is the norm? How often should a baby poo? Is it normal to poo 5 - 6 times a day for 4 months old?

Hi, I have pmed you :smile:

j.a.m.
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Looking After Babies