Humidifier in Babies room

Talk about issues regarding looking after babies in the 1st 3 years of their lives.
nebondra
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Humidifier in Babies room

Post by nebondra » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:03 am

Hi guys, I have 7 months old twin baby. They seem to have had constant colds/blocked noses for the past 3 months. I want to get a humidifier for when they go into their own room in the next couple of weeks. OH thinks it will make the room all damp!!
Has anyone got advice on them??
Thanks

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:264

Re: Humidifier in Babies room

Post by slmkhoo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:27 am

You use aircon, I guess? I can't imagine why anyone would need a humidifier in Singapore! Just open the windows and use a fan instead. Cold air constricts nasal passages, so the higher temperature will help.

code thinking academy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by code thinking academy » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:36 am

Humidifier is no need in Singapore.

kimmy4
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by kimmy4 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:59 pm

Some reasons why having a humidifier in your baby's room is dangerous:
- Might trigger allergies
- Bigger chances of having dust mites in your baby's room
- Some products might have toxic metals which is harmful for babies

Check this article:https://www.babygaga.com/15-dangers-of- ... abys-room/

nebondra
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by nebondra » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:10 am

But in this article- https://airhomecritic.com/humidifier-for-baby/, they said positive things to use humidier for baby room.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:84

Post by ngl2010 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:46 am

nebondra wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:10 am
But in this article- https://airhomecritic.com/humidifier-for-baby/, they said positive things to use humidier for baby room.
We live in a tropical country, which is humid already. We don't need humidifier to make our home more humid. The author lives in a non-tropical country.

foodandflights
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by foodandflights » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:21 am

put garlic in the room in a bowl, its an old Chinese tradition

KatherineJawls
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by KatherineJawls » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:15 pm

Living in a non-tropical country, especially in an area where air dryness is a predominant issue for the best part of the year is problematic when you have babies or small children if you don't use a humidifier. I don't recommend that you opt for alternatives as humidifiers are quite advanced these days and you can set them to stop when a certain humidity level is reached. You can even use a hygrometer to check room humidity if the humidifier you have doesn't feature automatic stop. Nonetheless, going back at the issue at hand, I recommend you go for a specialized humidifier. Nursery humidifiers like here https://popular.reviews/humidifier-for-babies/ are quite common and are the safer option as these tend to provide coverage for small rooms, feature sterile environments where the water is kept, and don't make much noise either. Do a bit of research and you're sure to find one that caters to what you prefer and to your budget quite easily. Best of luck, honey!

mindscape
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by mindscape » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:09 pm

Are humidifiers good for babies?

KatherineJawls
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by KatherineJawls » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:27 pm

Yes, if the air is dry in the nursery, the baby can have problems with skin dryness and irritations. Moreover, if the baby has issues like eczema, the humidifier helps atone them. The build-up of mucus is also loosened, which helps the baby breathe better.