Chemistry & Biology tuition

Use this forum if you provide Tuition, or Enrichment courses. KiasuParents.com takes no responsibility for any transactions that take place here.
Last post expiry: 21 days
Forum rules Important note: Service providers are only allowed to start at MOST ONE thread in the Tuition & Enrichment Forum. Service providers who create multiple threads in our Forums advertising their services will have their accounts terminated, and their service placed on our block list. Please cooperate. Thank you.

Chemistry & Biology tuition

Postby oregene » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:34 pm

Warmest greetings!

I am a second year undergraduate pursuing an honours degree in the National University of Singapore. I am from the Faculty of Science with specialization in Biomedical Science, and a secondary emphasis on Molecular & Cell Biology. I am the recipient of the MOE scholarship and was within the top 5% of the O level cohort in 2008. I constantly strive for academic excellence and am on course to graduate with first class honours, having been placed on the deans list for outstanding academic performance - being one of the top performer for my cohort. I started giving tuition to A level Biology students after I completed my 'A' levels. I have encountered numerous students who struggle with Biology. They lament the fact that Biology is a content heavy, memory intensive subject. They find Biology a chore. They spend hours memorizing jargons and terms that are foreign to them. They find it difficult to obtain the desired grades. Being a student myself, I can emphatize with them as I was equally dumbfounded when I first entered JC. That was until I started realizing the beauty of Biology. Learning was never the same. With an appreciation of the content, understanding comes naturally. Jargons and terminology will now have new found meaning.

Having tutored many students, I can confidently claim that getting the student interested in the subject is the key to securing good grades. Being extremely passionate in Biology, I am confident that my student will be infected with my zeal and enthusiasm for the subject. I am currently accepting students for the year 2015. I only teach Biology at A levels. It always pay to start early. For J2 students, consolidating the previous year's content is a good way to prepare for the next year. For J1 students, getting a head start before your peers will go a long way in helping you stand out among the other students.

I am also minoring in Chemistry and have been teaching O Level Chemistry for 5 years now. I am well versed with the latest syllabus. I have taught students of varying aptitude ranging from those from the Normal Academic stream to those from elite schools. Over the years, I have compiled my own materials tailored to better suit students of different aptitude. I provide my own supplementary materials, topical summaries and additional questions, accompanied by self written solutions. Past year papers will also be provided as a form of extra practice. Effective methods to approach different questions coupled with a solid understanding of key concepts are fundamental for obtaining desirable grades. Improvements are guaranteed!

West side

For more information, please contact me @ 9841 0648
or visit http://stutor-exchange.wix.com/orsg

Eugene

oregene
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Chemistry & Biology tuition

Postby oregene » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:47 am

Bumps

oregene
OrangeBelt