Eden DSA & University Admissions Workshops (Uni Lecturer)

Use this forum if you provide Tuition, or Enrichment courses. KiasuParents.com takes no responsibility for any transactions that take place here.
Last post expiry: 21 days
Forum rules Important note: Service providers are only allowed to start at MOST ONE thread in the Tuition & Enrichment Forum. Service providers who create multiple threads in our Forums advertising their services will have their accounts terminated, and their service placed on our block list. Please cooperate. Thank you.

Eden DSA & University Admissions Workshops (Uni Lecturer)

Postby Claude Monet » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:17 pm

EDEN DSA INTERVIEW WORKSHOPS
(UNIVERSITY LECTURER WITH 15 YEARS COACHING EXPERIENCE IN INTERVIEWING SKILLS)

Workshops Objectives

"Grow your children into big trees with deep roots, starting from young."

* Understanding the psychology of admission officers
* Knowing how first impressions are formed
* Using visual and vocal language to market yourself
* Discovering what you like about your dream school
* Creating an inventory of your skills and positive personality traits
* Creating success and failure stories
* Verbal branding through story telling

Target Audience: For 12-year olds applying for DSA & International Schools

Methodology: Mini-lectures, Peer Role Plays, Role Play with Instructor, Video Recording

Cost per pax : $550 nett (tea breaks and course materials provided) :
Early bird special: $480 for those who sign up before 30 Apr 16 (Sat). Hurry, limited period only!

Max participants per class : 8

Venue: 9 Penang Road, Parkmall Building, #11-17
King Room, Singapore 238459 (next to Dhoby Ghaut MRT)

Workshops Details
1. 30 & 31 May 16 (Mon, Tues) 1.30-5.00pm
2. 2 & 3 June 16 (Thu, Fri) 1.30-5.00pm

Please note that I also offer individual training for the following :
1. DSA Interview Workshops
2. University Admission Interviews
3. Writing Personal Statements
4. Writing Resumes (for both students & working adults)
5. Public Speaking
6. Job Interviewing Skills (for adults)

Call Eden at
HP: 8876 8857 or Email : edenpang2@gmail.com
[Sometimes I may not be available because I am teaching in class, you can what's app me and I will contact you asap].

Please click this link for my testimonials and more info about other workshops offered:
http://www.commskillsexpert.blogspot.sg/
Last edited by Bungii on Tue May 03, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Reason: Updated: Early bird special and HP number

Claude Monet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: EDEN DSA INTERVIEWS WORKSHOPS (BY UNIVERSITY LECTURER)

Postby Claude Monet » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Dear Parents,

The DSA interview period is usually in July to August. Please don't wait till your children reach the later stage of the admission exercise to send them for the workshops. By them, the workshops may have to be done on a one-to-one basis (much more expensive) and your children will be stressed out with the coming prelims. These kind of workshops are best done when students are more relaxed and have their mind empty.

Cheers
Eden

Claude Monet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Claude Monet » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:54 pm

RAISING CHILDREN

The best way to raise positive children in a negative world is to have positive parents who love them unconditionally and serve as excellent role models.

Source : Quotesgram
Last edited by Claude Monet on Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Claude Monet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Claude Monet » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:34 pm

"It takes ten years to grow a tree, a hundred years a person". (Chinese Proverb)

Today busy parents may have little time to spare, why not hear from interviewing expert, Eden, to launch your child to interviewing success.
Last edited by Claude Monet on Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Claude Monet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Claude Monet » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:57 pm

HOW I BECAME AN INTERVIEW AND UNIVERSITY ADMISSION COACH (Part 1)

It all started with my beloved niece. We knew that she had a slow reading age, but discovered a bit too late that she has dyslexia when she was in primary six. As a result, she scored poorly for her PSLE - then, it seemed like the end of the world for her. Despite her young age, she has a big ambition and a big heart. Her goal in life is to become a medical missionary.

My sister was worried that if she were to go to a neighbourhood school, she may not get the attention she needs. So we decided to send her to Hwa Chong International School. Well, money doesn't take you to all places everywhere and every time. My sis was prepared to pay the school fees of $16,000 per year; but it was still up to my niece to do the obstacle crossing. She did a Math and English test. And of course, the all important interview.

As a university lecturer whose livelihood is to teach students resume writing and interviewing skills, I was the natural go-to person to train her in interview skills. So I had a few sessions with her. I taught her how to behave the moment she enters the interview room. I taught her many things which may seem commonsensical, but are not commonsensical to most people, including adults.

Perhaps as I have had the privilege of being trained in the States for my post graduate studies in Linguistics, I was trained not only on what to think, but how to think. I imparted this knowledge to her.

I told her not to be intimidated by interviews - attending interviews is like eating an elephant. You just have to start biting bit by bit.

It's getting late now. Tomorrow, I will share more on how I helped her ace her interview.

Good nite! Eden
Last edited by Claude Monet on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Claude Monet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Claude Monet » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:41 pm

Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.
- Japanese Proverb

Claude Monet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Claude Monet » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:44 pm

HOW I BECAME A DSA AND UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS COACH (PART 2)

One of the things I did to help my niece is to do an inventory of her strengths. I told her that memorisation of the answers was a big no no. I also helped her break down the 'elephant' into smaller parts by telling her about the different categories of questions. In addition, many times, it is not what you say that matters the most, it is how you say it. That awareness helped her to articulate her answers better. The few sessions with her helped to enhance her confidence greatly.

One day, I got a phone call from my niece. 'Xiao Ah Yi! I got into Hwa Chong International!'. I think I was more thrilled than her about her victory. That was about 10 years ago. Today, she is in enroute to achieving her ambition to be a medical missionary. Time flies. She is in her second year in university now. She is one of the many youths that I played a part in realising their dreams. That experience got me started to helping other 12 year old kids in their DSA interviewing skills.

In fact, my dream in life is to help youths to realise their dreams. I believe that's my purpose living on earth.

In my next post, I will talk about the other youths I have helped.
Last edited by Claude Monet on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Claude Monet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Claude Monet » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:04 am

"Everybody is a genuis. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid".
-Albert Einsten

Let Eden unearth your child's treasures in the interview workshop.
Last edited by Claude Monet on Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Claude Monet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Claude Monet » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:51 pm

“Teachers, you don't teach a subject, you teach a child.”
- Deepa Bhushan
Last edited by Claude Monet on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Claude Monet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Claude Monet » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:00 pm

In relation to the above quote, that is my teaching philosophy in my 15 years of teaching in the university. I don't view my students as a mere statistics, I see them as different creations with different strengths and needs. The creator has made each of them unique.

So when I teach interviewing skills, one of the things I try to do is to raise the esteem of the students and to be audience-centred.

I studied in both Hwa Chong JC and RGS; then, I didn't have a good esteem - I never thought I was intelligent, because I was surrounded by more intelligent people. What brought me through then was I told myself, it is futile for me to keep comparing myself against my peers. What matters ultimately is that I have done my circumstantial best.
Last edited by Claude Monet on Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Claude Monet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Tuition & Enrichment