Swim for Excellence

Use this forum if you provide Tuition, or Enrichment courses. KiasuParents.com takes no responsibility for any transactions that take place here.
Last post expiry: 21 days
Forum rules Important note: Service providers are only allowed to start at MOST ONE thread in the Tuition & Enrichment Forum. Service providers who create multiple threads in our Forums advertising their services will have their accounts terminated, and their service placed on our block list. Please cooperate. Thank you.

Swim for Excellence

Postby learntoswim » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:56 pm

Hi All Parents!

Do take a minute to read!

I am sure all of you want to see your kids swim well. Ever wondered why some kids can swim better with a better technique while others struggle to complete a lap. Does the kid struggle simply because he/she does not have enough strength or stamina? Or the kid is struggling to finish because his/her technique is in a mess? My guess will be that kid is probably struggling with the right technique, it can be due to the coach or that the kid is struggling to understand the coach’s instruction and hence he/she finds it difficult to do what is expected of him/her.

There are 2 main factors that affects a child’s learning, first it’s the coach, then the class size play a big role in it too. In big class of about 10 students, it is very common to see the majority of the students struggling to swim properly and maybe 2-3 will stand out from the rest. The kids are not doing well not because they don’t put in enough effort but because the coach cannot deliver customized instructions to every single kid in the class and therefore a common instruction will be given out and there will bound to be students who do not understand but do not have the courage to ask and neither does the coach has the time to explain to the kid.

Through my years of experience, I have always practiced quality coaching and focus on group of small size of not more than 4 students. My primary goal is to ensure that every single student get the required right information that is customized in a way for them to understand in the best manner so that they spend more time practicing and less time constantly struggling to think if what they do is right. Every child should be entitled good information are being passed on to them.

I believe right coaching + right attitude = excellent technique.

Here are some questions which I think might be useful to you.

How old should a kid start learning swimming?
I believe anyone from 3yrs old is good to start!

Can I also learn together with my kids as I am also keen to learn?
Sure!Learning together with your kids not only form a bond between you and your kids, it also helps the kid to look up to their parents who are also doing the same thing as them. Parents can also help to encourage and guide their kids along. Definitely a good option to consider!

Where can I learn from you?

Basically any public or private condo pools in the west area. If you are keen to but do not stay in the west, do let me know and I see if we can arrange something, if not, I can also help recommend a fellow responsible coach at your area.

My kid is afraid of the water, how is he/she going to have swimming lessons?
If your kid is afraid of the water then all the more they should be exposed early. I believe in progressive learning so together, I will help your kid overcome the fear in stages.

If you have more questions to ask me, do not be shy and feel free to drop me a whatsapp/sms to 91548131, alternatively, you can also e-mail me at swimwithalex01@gmail.com

Looking forward to helping your kids achieve excellent techniques soon! :rahrah:

learntoswim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

June Holidays special!

Postby learntoswim » Wed May 04, 2016 2:52 pm

Looking to occupy your kids during the coming June holiday?Look no further, give your kid the right headstart in swimming!

I am going to help you, sign up for any private swimming lesson with me and receive a kickboard, goggles and a swimming cap (Worth $50). OR if you already have the following items, i will give u a FREE 30-45mins trial lesson with no obligations! A perfect way to help your kid to start off swimming!

Feel free to give me a nudge at 91548131 or swimwithalex01@gmail.com :rahrah:

learntoswim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: June Holidays special!

Postby learntoswim » Sun May 15, 2016 5:39 pm

learntoswim wrote:Looking to occupy your kids during the coming June holiday?Look no further, give your kid the right headstart in swimming!

I am going to help you, sign up for any private swimming lesson with me and receive a kickboard, goggles and a swimming cap (Worth $50). OR if you already have the following items, i will give u a FREE 30-45mins trial lesson with no obligations! A perfect way to help your kid to start off swimming!

Feel free to give me a nudge at 91548131 or swimwithalex01@gmail.com :rahrah:

There is no words to describe the feeling of seeing your child conquer the water and swim freely, a skill that he/she will carry with them for life! :rahrah:

learntoswim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Swim for Excellence

Postby learntoswim » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:01 pm

With a higher number of drowning cases these days,swimming is an essential skill for kids to pick up and what's more,it's a for a lifetime!

Text me at 91548131 or simply drop me an e-mail at swimwithalex01@gmail.com for more details.

learntoswim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby learntoswim » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:33 pm

Swim for excellence now!

Text me at 91548131 or simply drop me an e-mail at swimwithalex01@gmail.com for more details.

learntoswim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby learntoswim » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:35 pm

Swim,Learn,Play!Ensure your children learn this important life skill the right way with the right people at the very first time!

feel free to splash me at 91548131 or drop me an e-mail at swimwithalex01@gmail.com!

learntoswim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby learntoswim » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:11 am

Good news for parents looking for buddies to learn with your children!

Small group class of not more than 4 people is now available at different areas mainly focused in the west!

Below are the available locations.

1)Clementi
2)West Coast
3)Bukit Batok
4)Bukit Timah
5)Central areas like queenstown, toing bahru, red hill, etc.

Find your child a swimming buddy now!

Text me at 91548131 or drop me an e-mail at swimwithalex01@gmail.com for more details!
:rahrah: :rahrah:

learntoswim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby learntoswim » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:30 pm

Get your child started on the right foot now!

I am available at 91548131 or you can always drop me an e-mail at swimwithalex01@gmail.com

Looking forward to uncover and unleash your child's talent!

learntoswim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby learntoswim » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:53 am

It all starts now!The main objective of swimming is not solely about being able to move in the water for a certain amount of distance, it helps the child to bring in different skill sets and combining them to a new skill which will enhance their coordination and their motor skill set. It helps to unlock another part of their brain which they may not have touched. Being able to move in the water is easy, being able to swim with the right technique requires far more, it challenges the child to think and to apply the skills that have been taught to them.

With experience in handling children with different characters and also being able to convey messages to them in the most clear and concise manner, I am sure your child will eventually be as good, if not better than anyone else, swimming well gives them a sense of satisfaction and a certain amount of confidence which they can apply to their everyday lives.

learntoswim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby learntoswim » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:06 pm

Good news!Locations of lessons are now available islandwide!Simply drop me a message to discuss about the details.

Splash me at 91548131 or e-mail me at swimwithalex01@gmail.com :rahrah:

learntoswim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Tuition & Enrichment