Primary and PSLE materials for you to help your child revise

Use this forum if you provide Tuition, or Enrichment courses. KiasuParents.com takes no responsibility for any transactions that take place here.
Last post expiry: 21 days
Forum rules Important note: Service providers are only allowed to start at MOST ONE thread in the Tuition & Enrichment Forum. Service providers who create multiple threads in our Forums advertising their services will have their accounts terminated, and their service placed on our block list. Please cooperate. Thank you.

Primary and PSLE materials for you to help your child revise

Postby School Plus » Sun May 15, 2016 12:42 pm

This is a guest post by Alex Devadass, a former Vice Principal from MOE Singapore.

In my years as a Vice Principal in a primary school, I have seen my fair share of diverse communication styles between parents and their children.
“My child is stupid! I have told him so many times not to do this but he still does it. It is all his fault!” screamed Parent A at her child when she was called in to meet me after we discovered that he had punched his classmate in the stomach intentionally and threatened the rest of his classmates that he would beat them up after school that day...

Read More

School Plus
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Primary and PSLE materials for you to help your child re

Postby School Plus » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:56 pm

Useful article about how technology can help to improve your child's education!

http://schoolplus.com.sg/technology-imp ... education/

School Plus
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby School Plus » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:31 pm

This is a guest post by Mr Alex Devadass, a former vice-principal in MOE Schools.

Max (not his real name) wrote: I woke up, had breakfast, watched television, played computer games, revised my work, watched television, showered and then had dinner when my parents came home. This happened every day of my June holidays. The usual things happening. I missed school and my friends.

After every holiday period, I would always ask my students what they did and whether they enjoyed the holidays. Sometimes I would get them to reflect and write a piece of journal entry on their holidays and their experiences. Each time, I would get a range of replies and reflections...

Continue Reading

School Plus
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby School Plus » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:53 pm

Being a tuition teacher is rather different from being a school teacher. They have access to different resources, work in different classroom environments and possess differing sets of duties.

In order to develop a better understanding of the differences between school teachers and tuition teachers, we asked a number of our tuition teachers who had experience teaching in a school to share their experiences and to share the main differences they found between teaching in a school and teaching as a tutor.

Here are the four key differences between teaching in a school and teaching privately, revealed to us by our tutors in a series of interviews.

Continue Reading

School Plus
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby School Plus » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:42 pm

This is a guest post by Mr Alex Devadass, a Former Vice-Principal in MOE Schools.

The June holidays are coming to an end soon. It is time to go back to thinking about sleeping routines, early morning sleepiness, school bags, school uniforms, and the hustle and bustle of your child’s school life.

Of course, it can sometimes be the biggest battle of getting your children back into a routine. Over the holidays they have probably slept in every day, gone to bed late, and forgotten the product of 8 x 8.

In this article, Alex will share with you tips in 3 key areas of your child’s back-to-school preparations to help you get them ready for the first day, weeks and months of Term 3 of school.

Continue Reading

School Plus
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby School Plus » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:11 pm

Primary 4 students often find it challenging to understand the variety of problem sums strategies as it increases significantly from Primary 3 syllabus which reinforces a steep learning curve.

Most of the problem sums strategies are being built upon and extended from their fundamental forms since Primary 4. Thus, before they move on to Primary 5, it is crucial to understand the important strategies that will be further broadened from Primary 5 onwards.

Our teacher, Xavier will guide you through using these 3 important Math Strategies to solve the questions Primary 4 students commonly struggle with.

Watch Video

School Plus
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby School Plus » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:05 am

Many parents are frustrated by the uncomfortable truth that children are averse to the idea of homework. This dislike can lead to you saying absurd things when you are persuading your child to complete the assigned tasks.

We will look at four crazy statements some parents make and why they are pointless and counter-productive.

Continue Reading

School Plus
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby School Plus » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:49 pm

In the last two articles in this series, we have mentioned the usage of our proprietary in-house application, Geniebook, as a tool for enhancing self-study in addition to serving as a great enabler for supervised learning.

In this article, we will provide a brief overview of Geniebook’s functions and elaborate on how it can be used to enhance your child’s learning.

Continue Reading

School Plus
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby School Plus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:25 pm

Discover the most effective ways from our Primary 4 Personalised Program to help your P4 child improve based on their learning patterns, strengths and weaknesses.

HOW WILL YOUR CHILD IMPROVE?

- Uncover and eliminate your child's weaknesses to build stronger Primary 4 foundation
- Set higher learning goals based on your child's progress for faster improvement
- Hone your child's critical thinking skills and effective answering techniques in preparation of Primary 5

Find out more here

School Plus
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby School Plus » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:33 pm

Deciding between tuition centres can be challenging, but the rewards which your child might reap from a well-chosen centre are undeniably great.

Continue Reading

School Plus
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Tuition & Enrichment